Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Thank you so much. You're amazing and prompt and I'm very grateful to find this thread. Looks like everything is on order now. We're desperately waiting for that medical request. A month ago, the Abu Dhabi VO advised that the file is lined up for in que for a review by an officer via a webform request I made. Not sure when that review will take place. We sent all the documents via webform on late December 2021. There were so many documents where I had to actually send them across 4 webforms inquiries (numbered Parts for eg . Part 1 of 4 ---- Part 2 of 4 and so on).

Usually, once the PA is granted PR, the overseas family member's application is forwarded to the responsible office immediately. Unfortunately, the CPC-Mississauga kept the application for 18 months without forwarding to Abu Dhabi (June 2020 - November 2021). My only guess is COVID as the PA was granted PR in June 2020 and COVID was only 3 months old at the time. GCMS didn't say anything unless I misread. Some pages were redacted.

Let's just hope I did everything correctly.
No worries! we are all here to help understanding the process.

If you are June 2020, then the queue is almost close to your turn in Abu Dhabi.
I have a friend who submitted January 2020
His family application were reviewed and request biometrics and medicals February 2022. Then they finalized the visas within 40 days.

In my case, it is July 2020. So you are a month ahead! Keep us updated in this forum please Good luck

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
One thing I wanted to ask, was the original submission of the spouse application ( Not the checklist) to Mississauga in June 2020? or earlier?
Because I guess I saw another post of yours saying 2018? I was wondering why its taking almost 4 years!

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

His family application were reviewed and request biometrics and medicals February 2022. Then they finalized the visas within 40 days.

In my case, it is July 2020. So you are a month ahead! Keep us updated in this forum please Good luck
Based on that, things should move in a month or two from now. I'll keep you guys updated.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
One thing I wanted to ask, was the original submission of the spouse application ( Not the checklist) to Mississauga in June 2020? or earlier?
Because I guess I saw another post of yours saying 2018? I was wondering why its taking almost 4 years!

The original PA (In-Canada PR app for a mother with 3 young dependents) was filed on February 2018. CoPRs for the in Canada applicants were issued on June 2020. It took 28 months to process the In-Canada PR application. Reasons:

1) The main reason for the delay was the background check. We all passed the background check early except for one of the younger dependent who was approaching 18 years of age by the time they started processing it. On January 2020, the background check was done for all of us. We were informed that the rest of the family passed the background check months earlier. They even asked for the Schedule A and 14 again for that younger dependent then on January 2020 we all passed then in just 4 months we had the CoPRs.

2) Before we came to Canada, we had a PR application under the Private Sponsorship Group - SAH. It was withdrawn because the sponsor did not meet the guidelines. I'm guessing that also took a toll on the processing time. Maybe they had to review what happened with that application and thus adding a delay? idk

Those what I believe were the reasons. The security check was definitely a factor. The second point, maybe.

The other question, why did it take 18 months to send the overseas member the checklist? MP said it was COVID. I don't really know.
Our case it pretty straight forward.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

was January 2020 the mail submission date of your friend's PR? Because our PA submission was February 2018. When did your friend get the PR? or the better question is when did they ask for his dependent's checklist in Abu Dhabi? So far we're 8 months into the checklist request from Abu Dhabi. I wonder how close we are to the review que.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
The original PA (In-Canada PR app for a mother with 3 young dependents) was filed on February 2018. CoPRs for the in Canada applicants were issued on June 2020. It took 28 months to process the In-Canada PR application. Reasons:

1) The main reason for the delay was the background check. We all passed the background check early except for one of the younger dependent who was approaching 18 years of age by the time they started processing it. On January 2020, the background check was done for all of us. We were informed that the rest of the family passed the background check months earlier. They even asked for the Schedule A and 14 again for that younger dependent then on January 2020 we all passed then in just 4 months we had the CoPRs.

2) Before we came to Canada, we had a PR application under the Private Sponsorship Group - SAH. It was withdrawn because the sponsor did not meet the guidelines. I'm guessing that also took a toll on the processing time. Maybe they had to review what happened with that application and thus adding a delay? idk

Those what I believe were the reasons. The security check was definitely a factor. The second point, maybe.

The other question, why did it take 18 months to send the overseas member the checklist? MP said it was COVID. I don't really know.
Our case it pretty straight forward.
That make sense. I was shocked why it took 2 years to get PR for PA. But the reasons explained it.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
was January 2020 the mail submission date of your friend's PR? Because our PA submission was February 2018. When did your friend get the PR? or the better question is when did they ask for his dependent's checklist in Abu Dhabi? So far we're 8 months into the checklist request from Abu Dhabi. I wonder how close we are to the review que.
Abu Dhabi requested the documents November 2021

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Then in February 2022 they requested biometrics and medicals.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Then in February 2022 they requested biometrics and medicals.

We were also requested checklistin Nov 2021. It's been June now and no medicals or biometrics. Double the # of months in your friend's case and still nothing.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Well, since you received the checklist request on Nov 2021, then you are close to the end of it.
Have you tried requesting GCMS notes from CBSA? it will gives you more explanation.
btw I am not sure but I guess the original country of citizenship is one of the factors of processing priority. May I ask where you from?

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Well, since you received the checklist request on Nov 2021, then you are close to the end of it.
Have you tried requesting GCMS notes from CBSA? it will gives you more explanation.
btw I am not sure but I guess the original country of citizenship is one of the factors of processing priority. May I ask where you from?
We're Syrians. I have ordered GCMS notes using the ATIP in the past but they didn't outline anything specific.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021