Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Good day.

This thread is for current in-Canada PR holder waiting on their overseas spouse and dependents Permanent Residency Visa Applications approval in Abu Dhabi.

Please share your experience or timeline so everyone can benefit.

I will start with my experience and timeline
as I have submitted both my spouse’s application and mine to CPC- Mississauga at the same time.

Mail PR Application: July 28th 2020
Mail Delivered: July 31st 2020
Temp. Application Number: April 9th 2021
PA PR start processing: June 18th 2021
Spouse PR start processing: June 30 2021
Medical exemption email: July 15th 2021
USA FBI clearance request: July 29th 2021
Mailed FBI card to USA: August 6th 2021
FBI submitted: August 18th 2021
Eligibilty Passed: October 18th 2021
Spouse Biometric fee: October 18th 2021
my Travel History Request: October 27th 2021
Spouse Application request: November 10th 2021 (Webform) file transferred here to ABU DHABI VISA OFFICE
PA Decision made: December 22nd 2021
Confirmation Portal email: December 22nd 2021
Portal Declaration: December 23rd 2021
Received eCoPR: January 12 2022

Please share your timelines with Abu Dhabi Visa Office for Processing Permanent Residence Visa Applications for overseas spouse and dependents.

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Hi there,
I would like to share my timeline with overseas family :

Primary Applicant

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 10, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2021
  3. 27/01/2022 I received an email that I have met the requirement " It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.The overseas office in ABU DHABI is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada."
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence
  2. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021. ***December 15, 2021 we got G Number and checklist to be submitted within 30 days. (We used webfourm)
Primary Applicant, still the status Application Received.

Overseas Applicants, the status Application in process.
Any Idea when the overseas Visa Office will contact us, what's next?

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Hi there,
I would like to share my timeline with overseas family :

Primary Applicant

Permanent Residence
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2021
  3. 27/01/2022 I received an email that I have met the requirement " It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.The overseas office in ABU DHABI is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada."
Overseas Family :

Permanent Residence
  2. We started processing your application on September 24, 2021. ***December 15, 2021 we got G Number and checklist to be submitted within 30 days. (We used webfourm)
Primary Applicant, still the status Application Received.

Overseas Applicants, the status Application in process.
Any Idea when the overseas Visa Office will contact us, what's next?
If the checklist requested was to submit Police certificate, proof of relationship and all other forms updated, then you should be fine. All we need to do it to wait until once of the officers at the VO review it

Did you pay your spouse biometrics fee?

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Mail PR Application to CPC-M: February 1st 2018
Mail Delivered: February 5th 2018
PA PR start processing: July 6th 2018
PA Medical Examination: October 1st 2018
PA Medical Examination Received: October 29th 2018
PA Biometrics Request: June 27th 2019
PA Background Check Completed: January 21st 2020
PA Application Processing Done: March 14th 2020
PA Decision Made: May 26th 2020
eCoPR: June 8th 2020
Eligibility Passed: October 26th 2021
Spouse Application request: November 22nd 2021 (Webform) file transferred here to ABU DHABI VISA OFFICE
Spouse Document Submission: December 21st, 2021

The spouse already has valid Biometrics. Medical examination has not been requested yet. Spouse Fee included with PA's payment

As you can see there are 18th months where the spouse's file just sat in CPC-M without knowing why.
Still nothing from them from documents submissions.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Mail PR Application to CPC-M: February 1st 2018
Mail Delivered: February 5th 2018
PA PR start processing: July 6th 2018
PA Medical Examination: October 1st 2018
PA Medical Examination Received: October 29th 2018
PA Biometrics Request: June 27th 2019
PA Background Check Completed: January 21st 2020
PA Application Processing Done: March 14th 2020
PA Decision Made: May 26th 2020
eCoPR: June 8th 2020
Eligibility Passed: October 26th 2021
Spouse Application request: November 22nd 2021 (Webform) file transferred here to ABU DHABI VISA OFFICE
Spouse Document Submission: December 21st, 2021

The spouse already has valid Biometrics. Medical examination has not been requested yet. Spouse Fee included with PA's payment

As you can see there are 18th months where the spouse's file just sat in CPC-M without knowing why.
Still nothing from them from documents submissions.
Have your ordered GCMs nots? I wonder why it exceeded the average processing time? The notes should explain the delay?

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
PA:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 1, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. You entered Canada at the OSC - Operations Support Centre office on January 13, 2022 and became a Permanent Resident.

Spouse:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
  3. We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Spouse checklist submitted by mail and webform Feb-2022, no update since then

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Principle Applicant in Canada:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 31, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on June 18, 2021.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 29, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 27, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. You entered Canada at the OSC - Operations Support Centre office on January 12, 2022 and became a Permanent Resident.
Spouse overseas:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 31, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on June 30, 2021
•Biometrics fee request: October 18, 2021
•Checklist request-Webform: Nov 10,2021
•Biometrics Instruction letter: April 20, 2022

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Timeline for PA:

- We received your application for permanent residence on February 10, 2021.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2021.

- 27/01/2022 start process and met the eligibility.

- 27/01/2022 the overseas office in ABU DHABI is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of my family members outside Canada.

- 29/01/2022 medical has been received.

- 25/03/2022 additional documents request.
- 25/03/2022 additional documents sent by webform.

- 03/06/2022 medical request again.
- 11/06/2022 medical pass.
- 13/06/2022 portal invitation.
- 14/06/2022 pre arrivals.
Portal has an issue showing address undefined.

Overseas Family :

- We started processing your application on September 24, 2021.
- December 15, 2021 received the G Number and checklist to be submitted within 30 days. (We used webfourm)

The status of Overseas Application : file received.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Timeline for PA:

- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2021.

- 27/01/2022 start process and met the eligibility.

- 27/01/2022 the overseas office in ABU DHABI is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of my family members outside Canada.

- 29/01/2022 medical has been received.

- 25/03/2022 additional documents request.
- 25/03/2022 additional documents sent by webform.

- 03/06/2022 medical request again.
- 11/06/2022 medical pass.
- 13/06/2022 portal invitation.
- 14/06/2022 pre arrivals.
Portal has an issue showing address undefined.

Overseas Family :

- We started processing your application on September 24, 2021.
- December 15, 2021 received the G Number and checklist to be submitted within 30 days. (We used webfourm)

The status of Overseas Application : file received.
For your address in Canada, it should not be undefined. I remember when I entered the address it did not ask for identifying the address or to verify it. Try to use another browser see if it could just save the address as you always enter it.

For your family application, did they ask for the police certificate and the proof of relationship such as marriage certificate and communications, proof of money transfers and photo of you together? if yes, then it will stay “ Application received until they start requesting things, such as biometrics and medicals. I noticed that only the medical changes the status from application received to in process. But i guess the status “Application received” does not mean they are not working on the file, they may go through some background checks without changing this status.

All the best

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
For your address in Canada, it should not be undefined. I remember when I entered the address it did not ask for identifying the address or to verify it. Try to use another browser see if it could just save the address as you always enter it.

For your family application, did they ask for the police certificate and the proof of relationship such as marriage certificate and communications, proof of money transfers and photo of you together? if yes, then it will stay “ Application received until they start requesting things, such as biometrics and medicals. I noticed that only the medical changes the status from application received to in process. But i guess the status “Application received” does not mean they are not working on the file, they may go through some background checks without changing this status.

All the best
Thanks bro.

Yes, they requested checklist about proof of relationship (call logs provided) and all other documents.

I got a reply from IRCC they mentioned that the application of overseas family will not proceed until PA grant the PR.

In the eligibility latter they mentioned PA will not grant the PR until security and background check for all members including PA and overseas family pass.

So Yesterday the status of PA changed to : Decision made

Regarding to the invitation of the portal, most of the people got an error that the mailing address showing undefined.

Error : HOME.STEPS.DOCUMENT_STATUSES

Thanks @MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Thanks bro.

Yes, they requested checklist about proof of relationship (call logs provided) and all other documents.

I got a reply from IRCC they mentioned that the application of overseas family will not proceed until PA grant the PR.

In the eligibility latter they mentioned PA will not grant the PR until security and background check for all members including PA and overseas family pass.

So Yesterday the status of PA changed to : Decision made

Regarding to the invitation of the portal, most of the people got an error that the mailing address showing undefined.

Error : HOME.STEPS.DOCUMENT_STATUSES

Thanks @MOHAMMEDN
The eligibility letter is general. Even if it says the family member should go through all the checks, the PA still can be granted PR earlier in the process.
So you are almost done, except for the error you are facing on the portal. This could be a glitch they are working on fixing it. Just inform them via webform that you are unable to complete it due to this issue, and you should be fine.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

All the best
I've got some questions I can truly appreciate some answers.

The PA is already a PR since June 2020.

1) When PA applied for the in-Canada PR, they paid all the fees including the overseas family member in one receipt. We attached that same receipt with the checklist along with an explanation that it was all paid upfront with the PA. Is that how it was supposed to be or do we have to pay again separately for the overseas member?

2) Overseas family member's application was forwarded to Abu Dhabi on October 26th, 2021 with a checklist to send and to this day, no medical examination or biometrics have been requested. The family member already did biometrics for an old visitors visa application back in 2017 and the biometrics checker show that they're valid to 2027. Do you know if the PR biometrics are different because I've heard that some had valid biometrics yet they were asked for another one.

3) Can we sign up for an online portal to track the application even though the PA application was originally paper based? Can you even link the application to a GCKey account? I tried to no avail. Overseas family member has his own G number and the ECAS shows "In Process". Address is the PA's address in Canada.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
I've got some questions I can truly appreciate some answers.

The PA is already a PR since June 2020.

1) When PA applied for the in-Canada PR, they paid all the fees including the overseas family member in one receipt. We attached that same receipt with the checklist along with an explanation that it was all paid upfront with the PA. Is that how it was supposed to be or do we have to pay again separately for the overseas member?
No need to pay another fees since it has been already paid. IRCC know that you paid it this is why they transferred the file to overseas visa office. CPC mississauga makes sure that the application is complete before transferring the file.

2) Overseas family member's application was forwarded to Abu Dhabi on October 26th, 2021 with a checklist to send and to this day, no medical examination or biometrics have been requested. The family member already did biometrics for an old visitors visa application back in 2017 and the biometrics checker show that they're valid to 2027. Do you know if the PR biometrics are different because I've heard that some had valid biometrics yet they were asked for another one.
Sometimes they do not ask for new biometrics if they find valid biometrics in the system. I have some of my friends had the same scenario and they passed biometrics without the need to submit it again. If you want to double check that with IRCC I would suggest you screenshot the biometrics status validity and send it to the responsible office ( Make sure the subject of the email states only two things GXXXXXX - and the name of the applicant)

Abu Dhabi Visa office email:

abdbiimmigration@international.gc.ca

Abu Dhabi Visa Office webform:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu dhabi

3) Can we sign up for an online portal to track the application even though the PA application was originally paper based? Can you even link the application to a GCKey account? I tried to no avail. Overseas family member has his own G number and the ECAS shows "In Process". Address is the PA's address in Canada.
I have personally tried to do it couple of times and after an enquiry which was sent to IRCC in Mississauga, they informed me “ Only the principle applicant portion of the in canada can link their applications. Dependent of the principle applicant cannot link their applications to the GCkey at this time”

All the best

Reactions: CAKHAN

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Thank you so much. You're amazing and prompt and I'm very grateful to find this thread. Looks like everything is on order now. We're desperately waiting for that medical request. A month ago, the Abu Dhabi VO advised that the file is lined up for in que for a review by an officer via a webform request I made. Not sure when that review will take place. We sent all the documents via webform on late December 2021. There were so many documents where I had to actually send them across 4 webforms inquiries (numbered Parts for eg . Part 1 of 4 ---- Part 2 of 4 and so on).

Usually, once the PA is granted PR, the overseas family member's application is forwarded to the responsible office immediately. Unfortunately, the CPC-Mississauga kept the application for 18 months without forwarding to Abu Dhabi (June 2020 - November 2021). My only guess is COVID as the PA was granted PR in June 2020 and COVID was only 3 months old at the time. GCMS didn't say anything unless I misread. Some pages were redacted.

Let's just hope I did everything correctly.