+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Study Permit

OmaniRu

May 8, 2018
Hello, I applied to a study permit on the 22nd of April to Abu Dhabi Visa Office paper application. I couldn't link my application so far and so relying completely on VFS tracking. I haven't heard anything back. I don't need a medical exam. People who applied after me have been rejected already and I haven't got an update. The average processing time for my country is 5 weeks. I am planning to wait until next week then send a case specific inquiry. What are your thoughts? and if anyone applying to Abu Dhabi VO please share your previous/ongoing experiences.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hello, I applied to a study permit on the 22nd of April to Abu Dhabi Visa Office paper application. I couldn't link my application so far and so relying completely on VFS tracking. I haven't heard anything back. I don't need a medical exam. People who applied after me have been rejected already and I haven't got an update. The average processing time for my country is 5 weeks. I am planning to wait until next week then send a case specific inquiry. What are your thoughts? and if anyone applying to Abu Dhabi VO please share your previous/ongoing experiences.
Wait until 2 weeks.
I applied on 22 feb and got disappointed decision on 6th march. So be patient.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Abu Dhabi VO is crowded as it caters for many countries .
Wait for the processing time mentioned , and then you can send an inquiry .

OmaniRu

May 8, 2018
Next Monday will be 6 weeks and the average processing time is 5 weeks. I already sent an inquiry last week. Should I try calling them? Because I submitted my pp at the time of the application and I need the pp by mid June for travelling purposes.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Next Monday will be 6 weeks and the average processing time is 5 weeks. I already sent an inquiry last week. Should I try calling them? Because I submitted my pp at the time of the application and I need the pp by mid June for travelling purposes.
Hi,
I got visa approved in my 2nd attempt from abu dhabi in just 1 week.
Applied on : 11th May
Approved and passport request on :22nd May

Why you send your original pp. They didn't need it before. They can ask if required on the time of approval. Dubai VFS didn't take mine .
Best of luck to u

OmaniRu

May 8, 2018
Hi Umbreen and Congratulations!
I submitted my passport at the time of application to reduce the transit time to get it stamped in case it gets approved.

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hi Umbreen and Congratulations!
I submitted my passport at the time of application to reduce the transit time to get it stamped in case it gets approved.
Thanks n regards
To be honest , no need of that to send pp.
But i think you will get good news soon. If they want to reject. They won't take so long . Its your 1st time with Cic, so may be back ground check and other clearances they want before final decision .
My 1st approved TRV take exactl same days which they mentioned on web site. So keep praying until you got approval .

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

Why you send your original pp. They didn't need it before. They can ask if required on the time of approval. Dubai VFS didn't take mine .
Best of luck to u

Congratulations , what did you submit second time which helped your application ?
Did you get your CAIPS file before applying second attempt ?

adnanahmad01

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi,

Best of luck to u
Hi Umbreen
Congrats for your Visa.
I have also applied for study permit nad my status shows 2 things
1. Review of eligibility since 22nd may and 2.Background (BG) check under process

I want to understand is background check normally done for study permit also. I'm an Indian national and so want to understand whether there is anything to worry because of this BG check status?
Thanks in advance

adnanahmad01

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey did u get your visa?. Also is your background check under process too?

I've also applied for study permit on 11th may online and my review of eligibility started on 22nd May while at the same time background (BG) check also started.
Is BG check normally done? Is there anything to worry coz of this BG status

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hi Umbreen
Congrats for your Visa.
I have also applied for study permit nad my status shows 2 things
1. Review of eligibility since 22nd may and 2.Background (BG) check under process

I want to understand is background check normally done for study permit also. I'm an Indian national and so want to understand whether there is anything to worry because of this BG check status?
Thanks in advance
Thank you.
And yes its normal procedure in all cases.
Background check is for all nationalities and all visas . Stay positive.