+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
flash93 said:
I deferred my session right away after i missed the first two weeks of my fall semester! The embassy sent me Late loa Request on 26th Oct and i emailed them the same day.. do you guys know of anyone else who submitted their deferral letter and received approval recently?

Btw did you get your approval? you said they closed your application and a letter was sent to you..
I don't know anyone personally, but I went through a lot of old threads here. and 99% after the deferral letter the outcome was positive. still nothing is guaranteed with them.

I think for you and Omar, both will receive a passport request this coming week hopefully. I didn't get anything from them yet, and I tried linking my application again and again; same results. I also tried asking them on Twitter like Omar said but they didn't reply to me.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
I don't know anyone personally, but I went through a lot of old threads here. and 99% after the deferral letter the outcome was positive. still nothing is guaranteed with them.

I think for you and Omar, both will receive a passport request this coming week hopefully. I didn't get anything from them yet, and I tried linking my application again and again; same results. I also tried asking them on Twitter like Omar said but they didn't reply to me.
Keep the tweet, don't delete it. Sometimes they can take a while to respond, even if you see they are responding to people who asked after you. It depends on the case.

In the meantime, I found this post which might help you, try to do those steps (but for study permit instead of work of course)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online-t431263.0.html

I think you are facing issues because you applied using a travel document, not a passport (if I remember correctly). But just keep trying, we have nothing else to do xD

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Keep the tweet, don't delete it. Sometimes they can take a while to respond, even if you see they are responding to people who asked after you. It depends on the case.

In the meantime, I found this post which might help you, try to do those steps (but for study permit instead of work of course)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online-t431263.0.html

I think you are facing issues because you applied using a travel document, not a passport (if I remember correctly). But just keep trying, we have nothing else to do xD
yea I found this post before and I tried it too, I think something in the system with my application.

anyway I try everyday at least twice. as you said nothing else to do :D

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
yea I found this post before and I tried it too, I think something in the system with my application.

anyway I try everyday at least twice. as you said nothing else to do :D
So I tried calling CIC today, and the status is still "we are currently processing your application, we don't need any more documents..."
I remember you said that after you submitted your new LOA and before your application was closed you used to get "Additional documents received" or something like that.

I am worried, maybe they didn't receive mine or what is happening? ???

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
So I tried calling CIC today, and the status is still "we are currently processing your application, we don't need any more documents..."
I remember you said that after you submitted your new LOA and before your application was closed you used to get "Additional documents received" or something like that.

I am worried, maybe they didn't receive mine or what is happening? ???
nope I was getting the same status you are getting in CIC, but "additional documents received" was on VFS tracking method. when I called VFS they told me you got a request letter on 13th of October (they didn't knew what the documents are, they just knew I got a request from the embassy for extra docs).They said we can't confirm, but if the tracking says documents was received then don't worry.

I was worried that they didn't get it, but as I said in 10 days it was done. I suggest you send a case specific now (just to be more comfortable) and ask them if that letter is received and most probably they will process it before even replying to you.

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
hello every one
i was watchingyour interesting conversation since a month and i was motivated from your expirence all
i applied 4th of july and missed the september course
on 4th of november i have been requested Late LOA and sent it at that time
still nothing new
please keep us updated what happend to you guys
Omar and other guys ?
thanks

Ayyan621

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hmm nice. I apply in June for sep intake and then jan intake. They don't ask from me any LOA. I am very worried about it.. :(

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
aaddnnaann said:
hello every one
i was watchingyour interesting conversation since a month and i was motivated from your expirence all
i applied 4th of july and missed the september course
on 4th of november i have been requested Late LOA and sent it at that time
still nothing new
please keep us updated what happend to you guys
Omar and other guys ?
thanks
Hey bro, I'm glad that someone out there is reading and benefiting from all those posts. We are all sharing the same pain after all. It's good that you received the LOA request.
For me I don't have any updates yet. Received the LOA request on 25th October, and submitted it on 30th morning because I didn't have it ready unfortunately. I will for sure post an update here once I have anything new.
Good luck

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
By the way i applied by paper and linked it online
i sent the late LOA by email as they asked...but in my CIC account
it is still telling me documents required !
should i worry about that or it's ok?!

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
hey guys, same as what Omar said. Glad that some people are using these posts to help them go through this.
I don't have any updates here too, just waiting.

as for your CIC account, I don't really have any experience with it, but I've read people saying that updating the account takes time. when did you submit your new LOA anyway ?

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
He20155182 said:
hey guys, same as what Omar said. Glad that some people are using these posts to help them go through this.
I don't have any updates here too, just waiting.

as for your CIC account, I don't really have any experience with it, but I've read people saying that updating the account takes time. when did you submit your new LOA anyway ?
Thank you for your respone
i acctually sent it on 4th of november...just an hour after i recived the massege from them to send it.
it's interesting a day before the massege i recived a ghost email.
so it's great to recive these emails lol !

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
aaddnnaann said:
By the way i applied by paper and linked it online
i sent the late LOA by email as they asked...but in my CIC account
it is still telling me documents required !
should i worry about that or it's ok?!
I also applied by paper and linked it online. I had the same issue too, and this is why I also uploaded it online 2 days after my email submission just to be sure. So I think there's no harm in submitting online as well.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I also applied by paper and linked it online. I had the same issue too, and this is why I also uploaded it online 2 days after my email submission just to be sure. So I think there's no harm in submitting online as well.
hey do you guys think they will be processing our visas today considering their website is crashed?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
flash93 said:
hey do you guys think they will be processing our visas today considering their website is crashed?
Yea, I don't think it will affect the processing. But maybe if they want to send something (a request or decision) it will be delayed until the website is up again. No one can be sure though, we are only guessing

Update: The website is now working again!