+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
So today I received my GCMS notes that I requested on 10th of October. It was a 28 pages long. And after going through all of it, these points are worth mentioning:

- Medical not required (UAE resident).

- Criminality check passed 1 day after application submission.

- Security checks all passed.

- Application due date is 30th November (based on some threads I've been through here, this means that by this date max the application decision should be taken, provided nothing went wrong and caused a delay).

- Eligibility status was "Passed" on 25th July.

- Eligibility was updated to "Recommend Passed" on 24th October (same day I received the LOA request), and they changed it because I already missed fall semester by that time, so they wanted to make sure I'm still eligible (new admission).

- Application status: Recommend Passed.

- Application status reason: In Progress.

- There's a note on the application on 19/7 that says: "The second page passport bio is missing. cannot confirm passport's issue date and expiry date". I have no idea why they have this issue, I'm 200% sure I submitted all pages, and even in the same report they have my passport's expiry date right in multiple fields, so I'm guessing it's an internal issue or they solved it later (I hope so)

- Another note on 25/07 reads: "LOA in file funds ok and meets requirements Meds not required"

- All the case specific inquires I sent are visible on my file with their dates, and "standard reply sent" is written beside them.

- The last note is on 24/10 and it is the request for the new LOA, it reads: "LOA out of date, requesting new LOA. Documents required, request new letter of acceptance with start date for next semester or in the future"

Report Generated: 24/10/2016

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
so they didn't mention anything related to the delay? I mean if everything was normal then what was the reason for the delay in your case?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
nouman6269 said:
so they didn't mention anything related to the delay? I mean if everything was normal then what was the reason for the delay in your case?
I also was confused about this. If the status was "passed" on 25/7, why didn't they inform me? I have no idea. The only thing I can guess is that passport issue caused the delay (which wasn't my fault anyways), or maybe negligence?

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Yea, I don't think it will affect the processing. But maybe if they want to send something (a request or decision) it will be delayed until the website is up again. No one can be sure though, we are only guessing

Update: The website is now working again!
umm i just checked its still not working. i got a ghost email on tuesday " that your application has been updated" , nothing yet so far.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I also was confused about this. If the status was "passed" on 25/7, why didn't they inform me? I have no idea. The only thing I can guess is that passport issue caused the delay (which wasn't my fault anyways), or maybe negligence?
It was an internal error on their part, anyways the good thing is they have moved past it and hopefully we will be getting our visas soon.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
flash93 said:
umm i just checked its still not working.
I just checked it multiple times and it is working for me. Sometimes it fails to load, but I just refresh it like 2-3 times and it works again.

I read on Twitter that the US elections might have to do with this problem! Lol

flash93 said:
i got a ghost email on tuesday " that your application has been updated" , nothing yet so far.
Usually these emails arrive 1-2 days before the actual update. So hopefully you will be hearing back from them very soon (might be today or tomorrow)!
good luck

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I just checked it multiple times and it is working for me. Sometimes it fails to load, but I just refresh it like 2-3 times and it works again.

I read on Twitter that the US elections might have to do with this problem! Lol

Usually these emails arrive 1-2 days before the actual update. So hopefully you will be hearing back from them very soon (might be today or tomorrow)!
good luck
yeah its working now! goodluck to you aswell

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
So today I received my GCMS notes that I requested on 10th of October. It was a 28 pages long. And after going through all of it, these points are worth mentioning:

- Application due date is 30th November (based on some threads I've been through here, this means that by this date max the application decision should be taken, provided nothing went wrong and caused a delay).

- Eligibility was updated to "Recommend Passed" on 24th October (same day I received the LOA request), and they changed it because I already missed fall semester by that time, so they wanted to make sure I'm still eligible (new admission).

- There's a note on the application on 19/7 that says: "The second page passport bio is missing. cannot confirm passport's issue date and expiry date". I have no idea why they have this issue, I'm 200% sure I submitted all pages, and even in the same report they have my passport's expiry date right in multiple fields, so I'm guessing it's an internal issue or they solved it later (I hope so)

- Another note on 25/07 reads: "LOA in file funds ok and meets requirements Meds not required"

- All the case specific inquires I sent are visible on my file with their dates, and "standard reply sent" is written beside them.

- The last note is on 24/10 and it is the request for the new LOA, it reads: "LOA out of date, requesting new LOA. Documents required, request new letter of acceptance with start date for next semester or in the future"

I think at least that is a positive outcome inshallah.. since it says pass, then it's only a matter of time until they contact you again.
Another example of them making a decision and what a long time after informing the applicants. It was a good move applying for this notes. I guess it's late for me to do so.

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Omar.hr said:

Excellent

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:

Thats a positive sigh Omar. You will get your visa soon. In Sha Allah

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Guys!!! This morning at 8:30 AM (UAE Time) I received an email from CIC asking me to check my account online for a message. After signing in I FINALLY found a passport request :D

Thanks God...

Hang tight guys, we are almost done with this...

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Omar.hr said:
Guys!!! This morning at 8:30 AM (UAE Time) I received an email from CIC asking me to check my account online for a message. After signing in I FINALLY found a passport request :D

Thanks God...

Congratulations :)

Aamir786

Oct 10, 2015
Omar.hr said:

Thanks God...

Congratulations Omar.hr :D ;D

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Thank you guys.

Does anyone know how long will be the validity of the visa? I mean the date that I should enter Canada before