+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eyadinuae said:
Dear P@in ,
The most important thing How to convince the immigration officer that you will go back home after study ..???!!
90 % of study permits lead to Permanent residency applications raised by students every year ..!
Me also I am thinking in this matter and really headache me .. :'(
The study permits become a good way for immigration for the most of students .. Even here in this forum and in this thread .. I am sure that all students will stay in Canada and get the certificate and looking for job ..
For that and in August 2016 CIC start new system instead of Study permit which is the Study Pathway .. which mean you need to renew your study permit as per every semester or course to ensure that you enrolled in the study with same university/ college that you claim you will study in it ..
Can you please provide a link which supports your claim?

eyadinuae

May 18, 2013
Hussain Junejo said:
Can you please provide a link which supports your claim?
Correct me if I am wrong please :

http://www.canadavisa.com/pathway-programs.html

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/08/canada-guidelines-study-permit-applications-questions-for-students-stakeholders-088485.html

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eyadinuae said:
Correct me if I am wrong please :

http://www.canadavisa.com/pathway-programs.html

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/08/canada-guidelines-study-permit-applications-questions-for-students-stakeholders-088485.html
Okay so let me explain you a little what you have said.
You told us like if one is going for 4 year degree program (8 semester) one will have to renew his/her study permit before every semester. But the scenario is totally different.

Just take an example about FIC (Fraser International College) offers a pathway program help entry in SFU (Simon Fraser University) for low graders and the length of pathway is 1 year. While the offer letter clearly shows if the student scores higher than 3.2 GPA he will be transferred to SFU degree program of 4 years. CIC will issue that student 1 year Study Permit as his pathway's length is 1 year later once he finishes Pathway successfully he have to renew his permit for coming 2 years.

Now the other example is, one got direct admission in. just for say, Concordia University for 4 year degree program no pathway required to attend the degree program, hence, student will get 4 year study permit instead of for one semester as you said in your previous post.

I hope I make it very clear. if you still didnt got what I meant you may ask.

humdard

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Med's Request
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Submitted along with application
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017 ( by god's grace)
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Hussain Junejo said:
Okay so let me explain you a little what you have said.
You told us like if one is going for 4 year degree program (8 semester) one will have to renew his/her study permit before every semester. But the scenario is totally different.

Just take an example about FIC (Fraser International College) offers a pathway program help entry in SFU (Simon Fraser University) for low graders and the length of pathway is 1 year. While the offer letter clearly shows if the student scores higher than 3.2 GPA he will be transferred to SFU degree program of 4 years. CIC will issue that student 1 year Study Permit as his pathway's length is 1 year later once he finishes Pathway successfully he have to renew his permit for coming 2 years.

Now the other example is, one got direct admission in. just for say, Concordia University for 4 year degree program no pathway required to attend the degree program, hence, student will get 4 year study permit instead of for one semester as you said in your previous post.

I hope I make it very clear. if you still didnt got what I meant you may ask.
Yes your TRV will be for 4 years according to the length of the program but your study permit will be issued semester wise. So u need not go for new TRV, u just need to keep renewing your study permit each time not your TRV. I hope this helps u.

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humdard said:
Yes your TRV will be for 4 years according to the length of the program but your study permit will be issued semester wise. So u need not go for new TRV, u just need to keep renewing your study permit each time not your TRV. I hope this helps u.
Aye this is a new information for me
So humdard how it works? Like we have to visit embassy after every damn semester to renew it? Are there any charges for that? Processing time? and yes they do easily renew it right?

hasham11

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All
Below is my profile

10th -72%
12th - 78%
BSc Electrical Engineering- 2.01 GPA
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5, R 6, S 6, W 5.5)
Working in field for 2 years
Which University can I apply?
Can I apply for MS Electrical Engineering? Or I should go with PG Diploma
What are the chances of getting Visa on these grades??
Will I get Visa on PG Diploma?

moningrise

Aug 6, 2017
Good day guys,
I have followed this thread and congratulate all those who got their study permits approved, your patience and zeal is amazing!
I am a participant in a student exchange program, I have applied for study permit online with upfront medical exam for 3 months now, 92 days to be exact, about a week ago I got updated on my medical test - Passed.
My school semester starts Sept. 6, 2017 and as of today, my application is still processing and I am frustrated with the wait and looming Sept. 6 school start date.
Any ideas what I can do?