+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
He20155182 said:
as I said to Omar above that mine took 10 days for CIC to make a decision ( but the embassy has not contact me yet). If you are an online application I think you will hear something after a maximum of 2 weeks.

I'm just saying according to my experience and that could be wrong.. Good luck
I applied paper based but i have linked my application online. There was a request in my CIC account to upload my late LOA, i uploaded it there and emailed them aswell incase there is even a slightest chance that would speed up the processing.. thats strange, did you contact your VFS about this?

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
flash93 said:
I applied paper based but i have linked my application online. There was a request in my CIC account to upload my late LOA, i uploaded it there and emailed them aswell incase there is even a slightest chance that would speed up the processing.. thats strange, did you contact your VFS about this?
I think speeding up the process is kind of hard with the way we have seen them dealing with our cases, but that good that you did what you have to do. Now just wait it will not take that long. when did you applied it anyway ?

I did actually call them and go to the office and they told we will ask for you. I tried linking my application many times and followed some advises from the guys here, but still it keep saying no application found.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
He20155182 said:
I think speeding up the process is kind of hard with the way we have seen them dealing with our cases, but that good that you did what you have to do. Now just wait it will not take that long. when did you applied it anyway ?

I did actually call them and go to the office and they told we will ask for you. I tried linking my application many times and followed some advises from the guys here, but still it keep saying no application found.
Lol i know but still its worth trying... i applied on 2nd June.
did you enter the EXACT same information that you wrote in the study permit form IMM 1294E? The first time i tried linking it, it also said no application was found but then i entered word to word detail(even the caps lock) same as this form and i was able to link it successfully!

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
flash93 said:
Lol i know but still its worth trying... i applied on 2nd June.
did you enter the EXACT same information that you wrote in the study permit form IMM 1294E? The first time i tried linking it, it also said no application was found but then i entered word to word detail(even the caps lock) same as this form and i was able to link it successfully!
lol yes I understand.. I mean when you applied your new LOA ?

I did copy the exact same information, but still end up with the same result. I just gave up on linking it. I think I will hear something from the embassy in the next 2 weeks, and time is not the factor by now. It is to late to do anything about their decision.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
Good to hear that Omar. I am not really sure about the fact of sending on the weekend, but I would wait until early Sunday and do it then. if you want to do it now, I think it will be ok too.
flash93 said:
i think its better to send them as soon as possible... have you linked your application online?
Thanks, and yes I linked it online. But in the request they wrote "Unless otherwise specified, you can send the required documents using one of the following options (Please choose only one of the options provided)" with an underline under "only one", So I don't want to send using two methods, the last thing I want to do is piss them off at this stage lol.

He20155182 said:
VFS is so useless, Until now I am checking the tracking and it still says under process, they didn't even know about the new LOA request...

He20155182 said:
I did copy the exact same information, but still end up with the same result. I just gave up on linking it. I think I will hear something from the embassy in the next 2 weeks, and time is not the factor by now. It is to late to do anything about their decision.
Did you try to ask them on Twitter? I remember seeing some people with such issues and they were able to help them there

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Thanks, and yes I linked it online. But in the request they wrote "Unless otherwise specified, you can send the required documents using one of the following options (Please choose only one of the options provided)" with an underline under "only one", So I don't want to send using two methods, the last thing I want to do is piss them off at this stage lol.

VFS is so useless, Until now I am checking the tracking and it still says under process, they didn't even know about the new LOA request...

Did you try to ask them on Twitter? I remember seeing some people with such issues and they were able to help them there
Totally agree that VFS is useless, I talked to them to verify with the embassy that they have my LOA and they were clueless about the whole thing.

I did not ask them on Twitter, because I think it will not take me that long to get an answer from the embassy. if I get a passport request maybe I will link it then to see if it's approved or not. Not really sure if a passport request ALWAYS means approval or what.. did you submit the new letter ?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
I did not ask them on Twitter, because I think it will not take me that long to get an answer from the embassy. if I get a passport request maybe I will link it then to see if it's approved or not. Not really sure if a passport request ALWAYS means approval or what.. did you submit the new letter ?
Ok hopefully you will hear soon then.

I think so, I mean it only makes sense that they only request your passport to put the visa on it. Why would they request the passport and receive it from you, only to tell you "sorry, you are rejected" and give it back to you.

I did not submit it yet, I will do it tomorrow first thing in the morning.

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Ok hopefully you will hear soon then.

I think so, I mean it only makes sense that they only request your passport to put the visa on it. Why would they request the passport and receive it from you, only to tell you "sorry, you are rejected" and give it back to you.

I did not submit it yet, I will do it tomorrow first thing in the morning.
Yes I think it doesn't make sense to ask for it unless the application is approved. Anyway let's hope we will be done with this soon. Good luck with your submission.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
So according to the latest update in CIC website (October 31st), the expected processing times are now as follows:

UAE: 20 weeks
Qatar: 21 weeks
Kuwait: 23 weeks
Oman: 8 weeks!
Pakistan: 11 weeks

This is a HUGE bump from the previous provided times, and it finally makes sense because this is what it really took.

By the way, we are now officially THE LONGEST processing times, congrats :p

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
So according to the latest update in CIC website (October 31st), the expected processing times are now as follows:

UAE: 20 weeks
Qatar: 21 weeks
Kuwait: 23 weeks
Oman: 8 weeks!
Pakistan: 11 weeks

This is a HUGE bump from the previous provided times, and it finally makes sense because this is what it really took.

By the way, we are now officially THE LONGEST processing times, congrats :p
At least they realized that it is taking that long, but it is really a huge bump (almost double the time!).
Still knowing the real time when applying helps people dealing with the delay they could face.. Congrats to you too I guess lol

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I got this email from VFS:

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 01 Nov 2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking Number xxx.

What does it mean? I didnot get any medical request yet nor upfront medical was sent?

Ayyan621

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Azy said:
Guys I got this email from VFS:

Dear Applicant/Cher(e) Client(e),

We would like to inform you that your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, on 01 Nov 2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking Number xxx.

What does it mean? I didnot get any medical request yet nor upfront medical was sent?
From where and when u did apply? Some countries don't require medical?

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karachi, Pakistan.

Applied on Oct 14

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Azy said:
Karachi, Pakistan.

Applied on Oct 14
Applicants in Pakistan do require medical test.
Unfortunately, and I am sorry to say, I think it's a rejection. But just wait and see, you never know

Did you submit your passport already?

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
He20155182 said:
lol yes I understand.. I mean when you applied your new LOA ?

I deferred my session right away after i missed the first two weeks of my fall semester! The embassy sent me Late loa Request on 26th Oct and i emailed them the same day.. do you guys know of anyone else who submitted their deferral letter and received approval recently?

Btw did you get your approval? you said they closed your application and a letter was sent to you..