+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
ahsansag93 said:
Can you tell me what do you mean by letter of request? and what should it consist of?
I mean the letter that the embassy sent him requesting the now LOA (nothing you have to create), it saves time if you attach it with the email, and I believe the say that you have to attach it.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
This sounds great Omar. at last they start working on our applications, I think once you submit that you will get your visa in a short time. ( don't forget to attach the letter of request with the new LOA, because I forgot and sent them another email later) Good luck
Thank you. Yes it says in the PDF that you should include it. But What do you write in the email? what should the subject be? and how can you make sure they did receive it? because usually they take a very long time to process the emails they get and the address they gave me is the same address for inquiries and that's worrying.

flash93 said:
Did you get ghost emails before receiving an email from embassy about deferral letter? i sort of wanted to ask you , can we submit our deferral letter though CSE? because there is an attachment option in IRCC form. I called a few consultants to ask about my case a month back and they told me that i should send them my deferral as soon as possible to avoid any further delay and i sent them through CSE.
Yes I just got the first one on 14th October, and I also got another one today right after the email from the embassy (about 10 minutes difference), nothing else. I do not think you can submit documents through CSE, according to them you can only submit changes in the address. For any other documents you will have to wait for them to request it. But I am not 100% sure about that, and I can't see a harm in trying to send it anyways.

My program is MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
just write that you have attached the required LOA that was sent directly by the university. ( that what I did). for the subject I wrote new LOA and my application number.

I don't think there is anyway to make sure they received unless you use a courier ( I don't think you should do that anyway). They do check their email for these things because my application went "close" after 10 days of sending the letter (which was the average time people get response after sending it according to this forum old posts).

Just send it the exact way the said on the letter and wait for them to reply.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Yes I just got the first one on 14th October, and I also got another one today right after the email from the embassy (about 10 minutes difference), nothing else. I do not think you can submit documents through CSE, according to them you can only submit changes in the address. For any other documents you will have to wait for them to request it. But I am not 100% sure about that, and I can't see a harm in trying to send it anyways.
My program is MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering
umm alright! i sent them 2 Case specific enquiries on 1st and 2nd sept respectively but they replied to my first one in which i didn't attach my deferral letter, so i am guessing it probably didnt work! I applied for Meng aswell, this means we will all be receiving Requests for renewed LOA now. Honestly i dont know why they are taking so long to process our applications, i have read somewhere that a few people called on Cic toll free number and they said that they have processed applications up till 5th June. That's not true though, i applied on 2nd June and there are a few other applicants who applied before then who are still waiting lol.
Anyways goodluck to you.I hope you get it soon inshAllah!

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
flash93 said:
umm alright! i sent them 2 Case specific enquiries on 1st and 2nd sept respectively but they replied to my first one in which i didn't attach my deferral letter, so i am guessing it probably didnt work! I applied for Meng aswell, this means we will all be receiving Requests for renewed LOA now. Honestly i dont know why they are taking so long to process our applications, i have read somewhere that a few people called on Cic toll free number and they said that they have processed applications up till 5th June. That's not true though, i applied on 2nd June and there are a few other applicants who applied before then who are still waiting lol.
if you call on the CIC call center number then it says that applications submitted after 5th june are not yet being processed (paper based) and applications submitted after 14th september are not yet being processed (online), but these are the Canadian applications; applications submitted within Canada. So it doesn't apply to us

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
just write that you have attached the required LOA that was sent directly by the university. ( that what I did). for the subject I wrote new LOA and my application number.

I don't think there is anyway to make sure they received unless you use a courier ( I don't think you should do that anyway). They do check their email for these things because my application went "close" after 10 days of sending the letter (which was the average time people get response after sending it according to this forum old posts).

Just send it the exact way the said on the letter and wait for them to reply.
Alright, thanks a lot. I wanted to do it as you did, because I know that the way you submitted the document worked :)

flash93 said:
They always ask people not to send multiple requests, so I think they ignored the other one. And yes, I think we should all prepare new LOAs for January.
I was the one that mentioned calling CIC, and today I tried again and they reached paper applications submitted on June 19th, and online ones submitted in September (not sure about the day). And as nouman6269 said, I did mention that these times are for applications within Canada, but they can be taken as a reference for us, hence our applications are being processed now as we can see.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
They always ask people not to send multiple requests, so I think they ignored the other one. And yes, I think we should all prepare new LOAs for January.
I was the one that mentioned calling CIC, and today I tried again and they reached paper applications submitted on June 19th, and online ones submitted in September (not sure about the day). And as nouman6269 said, I did mention that these times are for applications within Canada, but they can be taken as a reference for us, hence our applications are being processed now as we can see.
yeah you were right! They have finally started to process our applications! I also received request for New LOA today alhamdulilah along with a few other applicants, how much time do they take to send approval after this?

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
He20155182 said:
I mean the letter that the embassy sent him requesting the now LOA (nothing you have to create), it saves time if you attach it with the email, and I believe the say that you have to attach it.
Hey there, can you tell me how much time did the embassy took to process your application after you submitted your LATE LOA ?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Guys, I finally received the new deferred offer from the university today. Do you think it's ok to send it to the embassy during the weekend, or better wait till Sunday?

Kathreenrozz

Oct 28, 2016
Hello guys Im a nurse here in auh and wanting to apply for student permit in canada. Do u have agency or something since i dont know where to start really. Thank u. Kathreen12@gmail.com

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Kathreenrozz said:
Hello guys Im a nurse here in auh and wanting to apply for student permit in canada. Do u have agency or something since i dont know where to start really. Thank u. Kathreen12@gmail.com
This is the official Visa Application Center:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/UAE/

And you can also apply online and find all the requirements and details here
http://www.cic.gc.ca

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
flash93 said:
Hey there, can you tell me how much time did the embassy took to process your application after you submitted your LATE LOA ?
as I said to Omar above that mine took 10 days for CIC to make a decision ( but the embassy has not contact me yet). If you are an online application I think you will hear something after a maximum of 2 weeks.

I'm just saying according to my experience and that could be wrong.. Good luck

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Guys, I finally received the new deferred offer from the university today. Do you think it's ok to send it to the embassy during the weekend, or better wait till Sunday?
Good to hear that Omar. I am not really sure about the fact of sending on the weekend, but I would wait until early Sunday and do it then. if you want to do it now, I think it will be ok too.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
i think its better to send them as soon as possible... have you linked your application online?