+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Any updates guys?
According to CIC call center, all applications before June 5th should be released by now
They started to process applications submitted after 5th June

maonaunoo87

May 21, 2015
Hey Wollyking, I got my passport back yesterday, but I am planning to wait until next Fall to enter Canada because it is useless now and I really want to go to Queen's in the program that I was enrolled into.

When are you leaving? Or you are there already? :)

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
maonaunoo87 said:
Hey Wollyking, I got my passport back yesterday, but I am planning to wait until next Fall to enter Canada because it is useless now and I really want to go to Queen's in the program that I was enrolled into.

Can you share your timelines please? And where did you apply from

maonaunoo87

May 21, 2015
I have a really messed up case. So ill just skip it. I applied on 22nd July. Got medical and passport request at the same time on 22nd September. Got medical done on Oct 4th since they didnt have any open slots before that in my city. Submitted my passport on Oct 5th and got it back yesterday. I applied online from Pakistan btw.

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
Yes me, Applied on 1st june Pakistan , paper based
I send second case specific inquiry, and i got this reply.

"Thank you for your Email.

Please note all applications for temporary residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations. As these are conducted by outside agencies, we are not in a position to determine when your application will be finalized.

We can appreciate that you anxiously awaiting news about your application. Please rest assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

If you have submitted your original passport with your application and you now need it to be returned to you before your application is finalized, you may request that we use the completed airway bill that you provided with your original application to return your passport to you at this time or you alternatively you may contact the Visa Application Center.

Once your application is finalized, you will receive an email. If your application is approved, the email will give instructions on how to re-submit your passport for the issuance of the visa.

We trust this information will be of assistance."

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
ahsansag93 said:
Yes me, Applied on 1st june Pakistan , paper based
I send second case specific inquiry, and i got this reply.

"Thank you for your Email.

Please note all applications for temporary residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations. As these are conducted by outside agencies, we are not in a position to determine when your application will be finalized.

We can appreciate that you anxiously awaiting news about your application. Please rest assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

If you have submitted your original passport with your application and you now need it to be returned to you before your application is finalized, you may request that we use the completed airway bill that you provided with your original application to return your passport to you at this time or you alternatively you may contact the Visa Application Center.

Once your application is finalized, you will receive an email. If your application is approved, the email will give instructions on how to re-submit your passport for the issuance of the visa.

We trust this information will be of assistance."
Yea I have received a very similar response for the 3 case-specific inquiries that I submitted (dated 28th August, 8th September, and 20th September). I submitted one more today and I will completely lose hope of using this method if I get the same response again.
The only difference however, is that your response is "nicer" than the ones I got. Like it's the same context but mine is not showing sorrow, appreciation of my patience, or any attempt to show that they are doing their best...

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
maonaunoo87 said:

Hello my friend.... so many congratulations!!!!!! I leave on November 30th.... I am so glad to hear. I would have waited till next fall too enrollment in a better institution but I won't waste time. Just to save time I am enrolling in a weaker school. I don't know how much would my masters help me. Nonethe less I am sooooooo happy for you. Congratulations

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I got an email from the embassy today asking me to submit a new LOA for Jan intake. has anyone got this or heard about it before? just wondering what steps would they need more to take a decision on my application..

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
If I can recall correctly didn't you apply for Jan intake to begin with? In any case just provide them with your admission. It seems they're close to making a decision iA

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
No I applied for September intake, but now I deferred to January and today they asked to submit the new LOA. I'm definitely clueless how they are handling my application and if there is any chance of me getting the visa at the end

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Yea I have received a very similar response for the 3 case-specific inquiries that I submitted (dated 28th August, 8th September, and 20th September). I submitted one more today and I will completely lose hope of using this method if I get the same response again.
The only difference however, is that your response is "nicer" than the ones I got. Like it's the same context but mine is not showing sorrow, appreciation of my patience, or any attempt to show that they are doing their best...
Let me know Omer bro, if you received any other feedback of this 4th cse or any other feedback.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Small update guys, today (Friday) at 9:53 PM Dubai time I received an email from CIC (NOT the embassy in AD) saying exactly the following:

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."

I signed in and I found it says "Updated" in the status flied, when I accessed the application however, there is no change at all and no messages. And when I refreshed the page, the status changed again back to "Submitted"

I remember reading on this forum many people used to receive these "fake" status updates, but maybe they are working on it? Hopefully. I hope they don't ask for a January LOA as mentioned above tho, as the university only verbally allowed me to enroll in January instead of Fall 2016, I am not sure if they will be willing to provide such a document. I'll have to wait and see I guess....

Wollyking, any ideas bro?

faredtsbc

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Small update guys, today (Friday) at 9:53 PM Dubai time I received an email from CIC (NOT the embassy in AD) saying exactly the following:

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information."

I signed in and I found it says "Updated" in the status flied, when I accessed the application however, there is no change at all and no messages. And when I refreshed the page, the status changed again back to "Submitted"

I remember reading on this forum many people used to receive these "fake" status updates, but maybe they are working on it? Hopefully. I hope they don't ask for a January LOA as mentioned above tho, as the university only verbally allowed me to enroll in January instead of Fall 2016, I am not sure if they will be willing to provide such a document. I'll have to wait and see I guess....

Wollyking, any ideas bro?
"Your application has been updated" is unnecessary and probably unintentional (glitch in CIC system) notification which most likely because there is some internal work on your file. When you receive an email saying something like"There is a new message in you application.." that is when you know the status is actually updated.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
faredtsbc said:
"Your application has been updated" is unnecessary and probably unintentional (glitch in CIC system) notification which most likely because there is some internal work on your file. When you receive an email saying something like"There is a new message in you application.." that is when you know the status is actually updated.
Yes as I said, I am aware that many people reported this as a glitch or fake status update. I was just confused because I found the status actually saying "Updated" when I signed in, I don't remember anyone else had this situation.