+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
ahsansag93 said:
But there are various Pakistani students who applied in the starting of june , and also they have received their medical request(99% Approval chances) , but still their application is in process , and haven't approved yet .

It seems they are not giving the visa approval decisions now a days . Also i know one guy who applied on 19th MAY , got medical request in July , but still he haven't received his visa .

May be they are delaying the visa stamping as they are aware that all of us has deferred the semester and we all will be going in November and most probably December.
It's just my opinion.

P.S: I have applied paper based on 1st june with upfront medical , i received the update last month(17th September) to submit my employment details, after that i didn't get any update.
I don't know what you are trying to prove or argue here. But I myself as you can see in my profile <== applied in 8th of June in VFS Dubai, and we don't even need medicals in UAE (exempt), and until now I am still waiting without any updates...
Also, the guy who applied on 19th May is contributing here in this post as well (He20155182), if you scroll a bit up you will see his last reply.

It does not make sense that they are delaying all our applications for Winter on purpose, because some people apply early for Winter and they get it soon after (few months before the semester), this happens for Fall as well. So they don't really care when we want to enter the country, they just take their time doing whatever they do without having in mind what our plans are. And this is exactly why we are still waiting; Because if they cared, we would've been all there already now and this post would never exist...

P.S: Receiving a medical request does not mean 99% approval chances at all, it is the first step they do in any application

Hussain Junejo

Dec 22, 2014
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omar.hr said:
Nope...

Case-specific inquiry submitted on 10th October
GCMS Notes request submitted on 12th October

No updates since that fake email I received last Friday

Any news guys?
Omar whats this Case Specific and GCMS notes? Never heard of them

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Hussain Junejo said:
Omar whats this Case Specific and GCMS notes? Never heard of them
Case specific inquiry is a web form you fill with your information and you submit, and within 30 days (1-2 weeks in my experience) they will get back to you with details about your application status and what is currently happening. There is one condition for it though, your application should already have passed the normal processing times provided on the website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
If you submit an inquiry before that time, they will not reply.
For me I submitted 3 already and I got the same response every time which is they are conducting background checks, most of the people on this forum got the same response as well, so it's not very useful.
To find it you can simply do a google search, just write "case specific inquiry" and add the name of your country after it, it will be the first or second result (it's called IRCC webform).

As for the GCMS notes, these are the notes that are written by the visa officer or anyone who reviewed your file, it is most likely useful when the application get refused to see where the issues went, but can also be good for delayed applications, it might show the reasons it got delayed.
It also takes between 30-45 days, and you should be a PR or a citizen to have the right to request them, or if you know someone inside Canada you can send a consent form and sign it for them and they can apply on your behalf, and it costs $5. But there are some websites that provide the same service for international applicants and charge them a more expensive amount, can be between $20-$50, and obviously you can't trust all of them. But this is all legal and totally fine with CIC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
hey guys..

I called the CIC call center (automated application status) not an agent.

The status two days ago was "additional documents are being processed", now it is "your application is closed and a letter was sent to let you know the decision"!

I didn't get any letter or update and since I couldn't link my application; I cant see if the status is approved or not.
anyone seeing something like this ?

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
He20155182 said:
hey guys..

I called the CIC call center (automated application status) not an agent.

The status two days ago was "additional documents are being processed", now it is "your application is closed and a letter was sent to let you know the decision"!

I didn't get any letter or update and since I couldn't link my application; I cant see if the status is approved or not.
anyone seeing something like this ?
I remember some people reported delays in getting the decision after it was taken, wollyking said they told him it takes around 10 days to get notified after the decision is taken, in his case it took even more (around 20 days if I remember correctly).

Why can't you link it though?

Looks like you will be hearing from them soon! good luck man

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I remember some people reported delays in getting the decision after it was taken, wollyking said they told him it takes around 10 days to get notified after the decision is taken, in his case it took even more (around 20 days if I remember correctly).

Why can't you link it though?

Looks like you will be hearing from them soon! good luck man
yes I remember his case, I hope it will not more than that.

I don't know, every time I try it says no application found.
Thank you brother, hopefully your turn is next and very soon

nouman6269

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
22-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical Passed on 21-09-2016
Passport Req..
waiting
He20155182 said:
yes I remember his case, I hope it will not more than that.

Thank you brother, hopefully your turn is next and very soon
yeah a lot of people experience this error. The error message is usually because we don't add the application number in correct format. The correct format for the application number is "S****". Type the letter "S" followed by the numerical portion of your application number and It will be done :)

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
I just received an email from AD embassy today at 1:15 PM asking me to submit an updated Letter of Acceptance for next semester, with a deadline on 24th November. I already requested this from my university thanks to you guys, I should get back to the university again today and submit this as soon as I can.

He20155182 said:
It should work, since we all did it. Try what was mentioned by nouman6269, I honestly forgot what was the format I used. If you continued to have problems, try to ask them on Twitter, they do help in such cases, within couple of days
https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Keep us updated

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I just received an email from AD embassy today at 1:15 PM asking me to submit an updated Letter of Acceptance for next semester, with a deadline on 24th November. I already requested this from my university thanks to you guys, I should get back to the university again today and submit this as soon as I can.

Did you get ghost emails before receiving an email from embassy about deferral letter? i sort of wanted to ask you , can we submit our deferral letter though CSE? because there is an attachment option in IRCC form. I called a few consultants to ask about my case a month back and they told me that i should send them my deferral as soon as possible to avoid any further delay and i sent them through CSE.

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
nouman6269 said:
yeah a lot of people experience this error. The error message is usually because we don't add the application number in correct format. The correct format for the application number is "S****". Type the letter "S" followed by the numerical portion of your application number and It will be done :)
Thank you. i will sure try this now and see what will be the outcome

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
This sounds great Omar. at last they start working on our applications, I think once you submit that you will get your visa in a short time. ( don't forget to attach the letter of request with the new LOA, because I forgot and sent them another email later) Good luck

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:

Did you get ghost emails before receiving an email from embassy about deferral letter? i sort of wanted to ask you , can we submit our deferral letter though CSE? because there is an attachment option in IRCC form. I called a few consultants to ask about my case a month back and they told me that i should send them my deferral as soon as possible to avoid any further delay and i sent them through CSE.

flash93

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
you mentioned that you received one ghost email on 14th oct? was that the only one? and which program are you going for in masters?

ahsansag93

Jun 12, 2016
He20155182 said:
This sounds great Omar. at last they start working on our applications, I think once you submit that you will get your visa in a short time. ( don't forget to attach the letter of request with the new LOA, because I forgot and sent them another email later) Good luck
Can you tell me what do you mean by letter of request? and what should it consist of?