+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi / Dubai / UAE applicants, let's connect here!

Ghaith123

Nov 26, 2017
Inshallah we all get it soon with no problem. Packing my bags now to travel to tunisia to submit my biometrics in the Tunis VAC

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Man I try to contact with the Abu Dhabi embassy and it's been 9 days and still no reply what to do man? I already contacted Qatar Canada embassy to help me out on how to contact them or they can send an mail or something by themself.

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Man I try to contact with the Abu Dhabi embassy and it's been 9 days and still no reply what to do man? I already contacted Qatar Canada embassy to help me out on how to contact them or they can send an mail or something by themself.
I am going to the embassy on monday to see what's up, I'll give you an update!

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I am going to the embassy on monday to see what's up, I'll give you an update!
i linked my application to cic today finally but it shows nothing all status written in order and not a single one chnaged since last 8 weeks whats your status says now? and when it changed? bro i wish i was living in dubai and can go to the abu dhabi embassy by myself but thats not the case. here what i found yesterday on this forum. read this

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
slaam u Alaikum brothers!
It seems, for me, the wait is over. I went to Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi today and filled in the pink form. And heres what happened:
you cant enter the embassy
you can only communicate with the security officer(s) and all they can do is provide you with the pink form
once youve filled and submitted the form to them, theyll pass them onto the personnel actually working in the embassy
here you have two options: 1. either leave and wait for the reply through phone/email
2. stay there (theres no place for sitting though, you can only stand and the the place can get very crowded. its only a corridor with elevators) and wait for the reply from the embassy personnel. the security guard will call out your name and tell you what info the embassy has revealed. the wait time can be as less as 15 minutes and can extend to an hour or more depending on the number of people there. The replies can either be (a.) your app is still under progress and you should expect an email/phone for further info so you can leave now (b.) they will request you to give them your passport so that they can place a sticker on one of its pages and give a letter alongwith it (yes, you have been granted the study permit) so its a good idea to bring your passport(s) with you in either case.

I was told that my app is still under progress that is reply (a.)

however other applicants who were there were asked for passports and upon submission they were asked to wait for a couple of hours for sticker placement. since the embassy is in a mall, you can take the elevator down and roam around or have lunch or snack at tim hortons or whatever suits you

in my case, after an hour or so when i left the embassy... on my way to sharjah i happened to check my email. to my surprise there was an email from cic which said i have a new message. i got really nervous as my friends told me that their permit acceptance is usually stated in the email and mine wasnt so most probably it was a rejection letter. when i quickly logged into my account it was a passport submission letter! Alhamdulillah!

Another tip, if you have received passport submission notification, try to take out some time and go to abu dhabi embassy instead of submitting the pp to vfs which can take upto two weeks for sticker placement. go straight to embassy with the letter and pp and get the sticker. it should only take a few hours. way better than the excruciating wait youll have to deal with even after being notified of acceptance.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
bro can you please ask the guard or whoever there will be if someone other than the applicant can submit this slip. i didnt even recieved a medical call or any other update and its been 8 weeks

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hi guys, so... I went to the embassy and unfortunately they don't allow the whole pink form method anymore, NOBODY CAN GET IN CONTACT WITH THE VISA OFFICE IN PERSON, EVEN WITH SECURITY GUARD. It was a bit of a bummer because I drove all the way from Dubai, and it was for nothing. At least since I was there I typed a written letter and asked security guard to submit to their PO Box, but I doubt anything will come from it. When I got home, I sent another case-specific inquiry (because it's been 10 weeks of waiting now), so hopefully something good comes out of that.

I'm putting this up for everyone to see, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME & MONEY GOING TO THE EMBASSY!

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hi guys, so... I went to the embassy and unfortunately they don't allow the whole pink form method anymore, NOBODY CAN GET IN CONTACT WITH THE VISA OFFICE IN PERSON, EVEN WITH SECURITY GUARD. It was a bit of a bummer because I drove all the way from Dubai, and it was for nothing. At least since I was there I typed a written letter and asked security guard to submit to their PO Box, but I doubt anything will come from it. When I got home, I sent another case-specific inquiry (because it's been 10 weeks of waiting now), so hopefully something good comes out of that.

I'm putting this up for everyone to see, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME & MONEY GOING TO THE EMBASSY!
wow thats right its a waste of time. so they are taking more than the processing time and we cant even talk with them somehow. And case specific inquiry is useless bro its just same computer based useless replies:( but thank you bro for all the information.

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
The useless study permit processing time on their website has now changed to 4 weeks for United Arab Emirates (down from 8 last week). I have seen it at 7 weeks, 8 weeks and even 6, but so far it's taken nearly 11 weeks for me. It's like they bring up this number at random...

Ghaith123

Nov 26, 2017
I even tried to contact them in the Tunis embassy in person, unfortunately for some reason it is impossible. You can talk to employees in person for other countries like the US or Germany, I don't know what's the case with the Canadians

Jojolove

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
UAE
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Haha nice to see a fellow north african too khoya :D

I applied from VFS Dubai and I did biometrics upfront. (no medical because I'm living in UAE all my life)

Hi Ghaith, what is your timeline? (when did u apply, etc)
Salam khouya ca va is the people who’s living in uae they are not requested to get medical ?
شكرا