+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi / Dubai / UAE applicants, let's connect here!

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Has anyone else applied from Abu Dhabi, Dubai or the UAE for a study permit? I don't see any active threads for us. I applied for the SEP 17 intake at VFS Dubai on 24th september but had to defer it to JAN 18. On 8th october I got request for additional documents (deferral letter) and I sent it immediately. On 7th november I linked the paper to my CIC account (zero updates since then).

It's been just over 8 weeks now and I sent the embassy a case-specific inquiry 3 days ago, hopefully they reply. Do you guys recommend that I go to the embassy in person? I live in Dubai so it would be a bit of a hassle but if it gets me the visa faster I think it would be worth it.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Same case with me except i have applied from qatar its been almost 7 weeks no even a medical call yet. Im worried that i will not get visa in time. I also made an enquiry about 2 days ago still no updates btw did you linked your account using vfs tracking code ?

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Same case with me except i have applied from qatar its been almost 7 weeks no even a medical call yet. Im worried that i will not get visa in time. I also made an enquiry about 2 days ago still no updates btw did you linked your account using vfs tracking code ?
Unfortunate to hear :( No, I linked it using the UCI and Application number that they gave me when they asked for extra documents. VFS tracking is absolutely useless, because it doesn't show any information other than "documents are processing in Abu Dhabi Office".

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
UPDATE:

Literally seconds after I wrote the post above, I got an email from the embassy responding to my inquiry. Here is what it said:

"Dear Applicant,

All applications for temporary/permanent residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary/permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations.

Our website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp, notes the processing times for the different categories of applications and for residents and nationals of certain countries."

So it appears they are still processing my background check. I checked the processing time for the Abu Dhabi office today, and it has gone back to 8 weeks apparently (7 weeks in Qatar, though, weird!). At least they replied to me, even if the reply was a bit disappointing (and probably an automatic message).

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
UPDATE:

Literally seconds after I wrote the post above, I got an email from the embassy responding to my inquiry. Here is what it said:

"Dear Applicant,

All applications for temporary/permanent residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary/permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations.

Our website, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp, notes the processing times for the different categories of applications and for residents and nationals of certain countries."

So it appears they are still processing my background check. I checked the processing time for the Abu Dhabi office today, and it has gone back to 8 weeks apparently (7 weeks in Qatar, though, weird!). At least they replied to me, even if the reply was a bit disappointing (and probably an automatic message).
Hopefully i will get a reply by tomorrow as well. And no that 7 weeks is for new applicants when i applied on october 10 it showed 11 weeks for qatar and thats my processing time im worried that i didnt even get a medical call.and btw in 11 weeks they count medical period as well or its a seperate one

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
No, I have been in UAE all my life so they said I don't need a medical.
Bro i have a question can you tell me where exactly in abu dhabi all applications go? And can i tell my relative to go and check the office why its being delayed please if you know anything let me know

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Bro i have a question can you tell me where exactly in abu dhabi all applications go? And can i tell my relative to go and check the office why its being delayed please if you know anything let me know
According to their website, they are in Abu Dhabi Trade Towers (Abu Dhabi Mall) West Tower, on the 9th & 10th Floors. I live in Dubai so I didn't go there myself, but I saw some posts on the forum and people say that you can go and ask about your application there and they will usually help you out.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
According to their website, they are in Abu Dhabi Trade Towers (Abu Dhabi Mall) West Tower, on the 9th & 10th Floors. I live in Dubai so I didn't go there myself, but I saw some posts on the forum and people say that you can go and ask about your application there and they will usually help you out.
Can my uncle go and check i mean they will ask some documents i already submitted my passport with application? Thank you bro

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Can my uncle go and check i mean they will ask some documents i already submitted my passport with application? Thank you bro
Idk, I have never gone there myself and I don't know if they will accept him going instead of you (even if he is your uncle). If he doesn't live far it's worth a try though.

akoa

Oct 8, 2015
GTA
Category........
CEC
Applied early Sept with upfront medical check and till now no update not even the result from the medical examination!

Foxrally

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Inchallah, I'm praying for all of us to get the visa quickly enough before the semester starts. If you send them an email, I recommend that you make it respectful and formal, I heard that they will take you more seriously that way.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Inchallah, I'm praying for all of us to get the visa quickly enough before the semester starts. If you send them an email, I recommend that you make it respectful and formal, I heard that they will take you more seriously that way.
Yeah I got the same computer reply just like the one you got it. But they told me to fill the IRCC form of Abu Dhabi and sent it to them it will take them 14 days to reply because of lots of emails on pending we can only wait.