+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about sending documents to wes

atul9404

Aug 23, 2017
I got my transcript from my university in a sealed envelope (with stamp and signature). But, before sealing I wanted to indicate my WES number on the transcript. But the university official warned me NOT TO WRITE ANYTHING ON THE TRANSCRIPT itself. They suggested me to write the WES number on the sealed envelope.
Would you please help me and suggest if this way is correct? or I had to mention the WES number on the transcript itself.

Also, WES also requires a copy of my Bachelor's degree certificate. How can I send it to WES as the envelope is sealed now. Should I sent the degree's certificate separately?
Please help.

Blue.Genie

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my transcript from my university in a sealed envelope (with stamp and signature). But, before sealing I wanted to indicate my WES number on the transcript. But the university official warned me NOT TO WRITE ANYTHING ON THE TRANSCRIPT itself. They suggested me to write the WES number on the sealed envelope.
Would you please help me and suggest if this way is correct? or I had to mention the WES number on the transcript itself.

Also, WES also requires a copy of my Bachelor's degree certificate. How can I send it to WES as the envelope is sealed now. Should I sent the degree's certificate separately?
Please help.
Do not write anything on the transcript itself. WES reference number can be written on the envelope.

Send a copy of the degree in a separate envelope.

Check this: https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

tapankr9953

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,

Tapan here from India.one genuine question

When I will be having my transcripts of all 4 yrs engineering then should I have to just make attested of xerox degree certificate or something else.or does I have to apply for duplicate degree or provisional degree.

And should I be keeping the WES request form be attached within the transcript envelope or upper envelop of it for mailing to Wes.

Kindly throw some clear light on my knowledge asap.

tapankr9953

Aug 16, 2017
Hi,

When I will be having my transcripts of all 4 yrs engineering then should I have to just make attested of xerox degree certificate or something else.or does I have to apply for duplicate degree or provisional degree.

And should I be keeping the WES request form be attached within the transcript envelope or upper envelop of it for mailing to Wes.

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, I have just received the ECA update on my WES account and it states the Canadian equivalent of my two degrees as follows:
- Bachelors Degree (Four Years)
- Executive Master of Business Administration

So, what should I presume from here. Is it confirmed that my Masters Degree is accepted? Please share thoughts.

Last edited:

rughdaabrahani

Aug 17, 2017
HI all,

I am from Pakistan and I have the following qualifications. Which qualification shall i get assessed?
ACCA Member
BSC (hons) in applied accounting , in partnership with ACCA
Master in Economics from University of Karachi, Pakistan (2 years program, done privately)
Bachelor in commerce from University of Karachi, Pakistan (2 years program, done privately)

Thank you for your help

LeThaiKhanhHa

Sep 17, 2017
I received a clarification from WES that one can send them a fax (of the degree certificate copy) mentioning the WES reference number. Posting this in case any one else has the same question.
Hi sidganesh, so did you send your certificate to WES by fax and it was accepted? I requested my university to send both certificate and transcript to WES but they only sent the transcript. So I want to send the certificate via fax but not sure whether it will work. I found this fax number 416-972-9004, is it the right one? Please advise, thanks in advance for your help.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi sidganesh, so did you send your certificate to WES by fax and it was accepted? I requested my university to send both certificate and transcript to WES but they only sent the transcript. So I want to send the certificate via fax but not sure whether it will work. I found this fax number 416-972-9004, is it the right one? Please advise, thanks in advance for your help.
Send your certificate copy by mail. Do you have your diploma?

Tinevisce

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Hi,

Here's what I did, hope this helps! (My uni does not send documents to other institutes and just hands over the sealed envelope to applicants for them to mail)

1. Apply to your university for the transcripts, clearly mention to them that you need this for Visa purpose. Unis are used to this requirement and often have a separate cell for dealing with transcript requests.
  2. Typically, the transcripts come attested by default by the relevant authority from your uni: you just have to ensure that they put your transcript in a uni envelope, seal it, and finally stamp and sign the sealed back-flap. Do not tamper with the seal under any circumstances, ensure that it's secure
  3. Complete your profile in WES and pay the fees. This gets you your reference number.
  4. On the top of the sealed envelope, neatly write the WES Reference # along with their address.
  5. Get a clear, colour photocopy of your degree certificate. I laminated mine, but I guess that's not necessary
  6. Take a larger envelope (large enough to comfortably fit the transcript envelope plus the degree certificate copy) and put in the above two items inside it.
  7. Once again, write out the reference # and address on the outer envelope too, seal securely and courier.

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
Here's what I did, hope this helps! (My uni does not send documents to other institutes and just hands over the sealed envelope to applicants for them to mail)

1. Apply to your university for the transcripts, clearly mention to them that you need this for Visa purpose. Unis are used to this requirement and often have a separate cell for dealing with transcript requests.
  2. Typically, the transcripts come attested by default by the relevant authority from your uni: you just have to ensure that they put your transcript in a uni envelope, seal it, and finally stamp and sign the sealed back-flap. Do not tamper with the seal under any circumstances, ensure that it's secure
  3. Complete your profile in WES and pay the fees. This gets you your reference number.
  4. On the top of the sealed envelope, neatly write the WES Reference # along with their address.
  5. Get a clear, colour photocopy of your degree certificate. I laminated mine, but I guess that's not necessary
  6. Take a larger envelope (large enough to comfortably fit the transcript envelope plus the degree certificate copy) and put in the above two items inside it.
  7. Once again, write out the reference # and address on the outer envelope too, seal securely and courier.
Dear Tinevisce,

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Do you, by the way, happen to know if your transcripts contained all years marks subject wise or just consolidated marks for each year? I got two copies of transcripts from my university, which happens to be University of Rajasthan, and when I opened one of the stamped envelops, it only contained one A4 sheet (plain paper) bearing my consolidated marks for the year and few other details with no official stamp over it (the stamp was only on the envelope). Is such document acceptable by WES? Does it should have all years attested mark sheet as well?

Any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated. Have a good one!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear Tinevisce,

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Do you, by the way, happen to know if your transcripts contained all years marks subject wise or just consolidated marks for each year? I got two copies of transcripts from my university, which happens to be University of Rajasthan, and when I opened one of the stamped envelops, it only contained one A4 sheet (plain paper) bearing my consolidated marks for the year and few other details with no official stamp over it (the stamp was only on the envelope). Is such document acceptable by WES? Does it should have all years attested mark sheet as well?

Any advice or suggestion is highly appreciated. Have a good one!
The stamp IS supposed to be on the envelope. Why did you open it?? You should've sent it as is

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
The stamp IS supposed to be on the envelope. Why did you open it?? You should've sent it as is
Dear hamgha,

Thank you for such a quick response, appreciate it! I had requested two copies of transcripts (thought to help others by showing how it should be once it's all done for me), have just opened one of them and have kept the other one intact to send to WES. Should the transcripts contain subject wise marks or the mark sheets of each year? Thanks again! have a good one!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear hamgha,

Thank you for such a quick response, appreciate it! I had requested two copies of transcripts (thought to help others by showing how it should be once it's all done for me), have just opened one of them and have kept the other one intact to send to WES. Should the transcripts contain subject wise marks or the mark sheets of each year? Thanks again! have a good one!
It doesn't matter as long as it contains the list of courses. Just send the envelope as is.

Rajesh.rayla

Sep 28, 2017
It doesn't matter as long as it contains the list of courses. Just send the envelope as is.
Thanks, mate! Did you send a non-attested copy of the final degree as well along with the transcripts or any other copies of docs at all? Congrats on your progress to the path forward.