+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - Masters Graduate Stream 2020

Aremo Gold

Sep 24, 2021
Good day to everyone in this forum.

I'm new here, no previous knowledge about traveling, I intend to go for my M.sc via study permit.
I need someone to enlighten me on how and what to do and I'll appreciate it if anyone can send any relevant documents that will be useful for me on mail... .

Thanks

mrnj

Oct 7, 2018
guys any news? did anyone get AOR?
Nothing, I called IRCC and after 1 hour, I could talk with someone. He said we are working on Afghanistan crisis and we do not access your account now. I do not know how long I need to wait. Do I need to apply other stream? I already paid 1500 and no one respond to me clearly.

mpiz

Nov 23, 2020
Nothing, I called IRCC and after 1 hour, I could talk with someone. He said we are working on Afghanistan crisis and we do not access your account now. I do not know how long I need to wait. Do I need to apply other stream? I already paid 1500 and no one respond to me clearly.
correct, this is too weird:(

Sky high

Aug 17, 2021
Quick doubt guys i have the nomination and i am going to my home country ( india). Can i get my pcc and medical done now and submit my application after coming back. Do I need to get these things done again as i am out of canada for a month

6onHz

Feb 24, 2021
Anyone who received ecopr? I'm waiting for PR card. they are currently reviewing my photo I guess.

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Does anyone know whether I still qualify for the master's stream based on this:

To qualify, you must have completed the requirements necessary to get a master’s degree.

This means:

• at least one academic year of full-time study (that is at least 15 hours of instruction per week over the academic year including any period of training in the workplace as part of your studies. Part-time studies may qualify, if the program is equivalent to at least one full-time academic year)
I completed a two-year program at the University of Ottawa (full-time studies). In my first year, I took 4 classes in total (I wrote my thesis proposal in the spring, which counts as a class so making it 5), and then I only took a Master's Thesis class which basically meant that I was working on my thesis full-time. This is how the program at UOttawa is structured, and it is considered full-time studies (I also received my PGWP with this).

I read that a lot of graduate programs are structured in a similar way and that it is up to the institution to define full-time status.

Thank you!

Last edited:

mrnj

Oct 7, 2018
Does anyone know whether I still qualify for the master's stream based on this:

To qualify, you must have completed the requirements necessary to get a master’s degree.

This means:

• at least one academic year of full-time study (that is at least 15 hours of instruction per week over the academic year including any period of training in the workplace as part of your studies. Part-time studies may qualify, if the program is equivalent to at least one full-time academic year)
I completed a two-year program at the University of Ottawa (full-time studies). In my first year, I took 4 classes in total, and then I only took a Master's Thesis class which basically meant that I was working on my thesis full-time. This is how the program at UOttawa is structured, and it is considered full-time studies (I also received my PGWP with this).

I read that a lot of graduate programs are structured in a similar way and that it is up to the institution to define full-time status.

Thank you!

Hi,

It is really strange. I am wondering when did you send your application?