+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi Kandy, can you clarify please? Here's my situation:
- I work/assign in a branch that is outside the GTA and has less than PRs/Citizens - the only citizen is my branch manager
- Our head office is in Mississauga which has more than 200 PRs/Citizens
- The company itself has 2000 PRs/Citizens across Canada
- The employer form submitted only state 1 PR/Citizen which is at the location that I work with, although it also provided an information about the company number of PRs/Citizens of 2000 across Canada

Do you think my application will be reconsidered, or I will just withdraw it?
Has to be 5 Full time workers who are PR or Canadian citizens in same location as where you work currently

aryan27

Sep 6, 2017
I just want to mention that I finally received my approval message today, so my application is approved. Best of luck for everyone in this process. Looking forward for some advice regarding the paper based application.
Hey should I fill it on my own or go through lawyer?

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi Guyz,
I got my JOIS File number today but I'm in the same boat as few others because of my one-year Canadian education. I don't know what I supposed to do as I saw two people were already rejected due to the one-year program criteria. Do you guys think to take a risk and submit the application or apply through CEC?

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
Hi Guyz,
I got my JOIS File number today but I'm in the same boat as few others because of my one-year Canadian education. I don't know what I supposed to do as I saw two people were already rejected due to the one-year program criteria. Do you guys think to take a risk and submit the application or apply through CEC?
Can you list your admission requirements here?

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Can you list your admission requirements here?
My admission requirement was as below:
Admission requirements
  • An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in any of these areas:
    • computer science
    • software engineering
    • software engineering technology
    • computer engineering
    • computer application
    • computer programmer/analyst
    • IT innovation and design
    • computer or mobile applications development OR
  • A graduate certificate in computer applications development or mobile solutions development. Other relevant disciplines that offer a significant degree of software development in their curriculum (such as health informatics) may also be considered.
  • An overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in the above mentioned academic program(s).

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
My admission requirement was as below:
Admission requirements
  • An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in any of these areas:
    • computer science
    • software engineering
    • software engineering technology
    • computer engineering
    • computer application
    • computer programmer/analyst
    • IT innovation and design
    • computer or mobile applications development OR
  • A graduate certificate in computer applications development or mobile solutions development. Other relevant disciplines that offer a significant degree of software development in their curriculum (such as health informatics) may also be considered.
  • An overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in the above mentioned academic program(s).
Sorry. Seems this would not pass the 1-year program criteria.

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hi Guyz,
Don't waste your money and time for the 1 Year studies it's clearly mentioned in the website after 26th November new changes been done .

sitmd

Nov 30, 2020
Hi Guyz,
Hi rajdsh07,

how did you get the file number? I sent them an email on the 4th of December saying that I wasn’t able to register on the 26th, and I still didn’t get the file number. I received an email yesterday saying they will be contacting people so they can have access. Did you provide an IP address or screen shots? And On the 26th of November, were you able to start the registration and you couldn’t finish it or what?
Thank you

artsh0914

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi,

I also received JOIS file number yesterday but I only have one-year Canadian education too.

Here is the admission requirements for my program:

Academic Requirements
  • Advanced College diploma or Bachelors degree in computer science, Computer/Electronic/Communication Engineering, IT or related discipline OR Diploma with relevant work experience
Do you think this is okay?

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi,

I also received JOIS file number yesterday but I only have one-year Canadian education too.

Here is the admission requirements for my program:

Academic Requirements
  • Advanced College diploma or Bachelors degree in computer science, Computer/Electronic/Communication Engineering, IT or related discipline OR Diploma with relevant work experience
Do you think this is okay?
I guess I am sorry to say but you would not be eligible as well. We are in the same boat.

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi rajdsh07,

how did you get the file number? I sent them an email on the 4th of December saying that I wasn’t able to register on the 26th, and I still didn’t get the file number. I received an email yesterday saying they will be contacting people so they can have access. Did you provide an IP address or screen shots? And On the 26th of November, were you able to start the registration and you couldn’t finish it or what?
Thank you
If you were unable to register successfully then you would not get a file number. Those who have registered only have received the number.