+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AAIP/AOS-related questions

thomalum

Jun 12, 2022
Hello guys,
I saw on the Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) for PGWP holders that: "If you have completed an Alberta approved one year post-graduate certificate, you must be employed in an occupation related to your previous undergraduate or graduate field of study outside Canada."
I am about to apply for 2 1-year post-graduate programs, which are not related to my bachelor's degree.
Does that mean I will not be eligible for AOS?
If so, will I be eligible for Alberta General Express Entry Stream?
Is that a disadvantage for me if I study 2 1-year post-graduate programs, which are not related to my bachelor's degree when I want to immigrate this way?
Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,
I saw on the Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) for PGWP holders that: "If you have completed an Alberta approved one year post-graduate certificate, you must be employed in an occupation related to your previous undergraduate or graduate field of study outside Canada."
I am about to apply for 2 1-year post-graduate programs, which are not related to my bachelor's degree.
Is that a disadvantage for me if I study 2 1-year post-graduate programs, which are not related to my bachelor's degree when I want to immigrate this way?
Thank you!
You are posting old requirements.

If you are a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder, your occupation must also be related to your field of study in Alberta. Review the education requirements section for details on eligible Alberta credentials and approved Alberta institutions.

thomalum

Jun 12, 2022

If you are a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder, your occupation must also be related to your field of study in Alberta. Review the education requirements section for details on eligible Alberta credentials and approved Alberta institutions.

Yes, thank you. So am I eligible for AOS with my plan of study 2 1-year post-graduate programs which are no related to my bachelor's degree?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, thank you. So am I eligible for AOS with my plan of study 2 1-year post-graduate programs which are no related to my bachelor's degree?
If your Alberta job is related to your program of study then yes. The program requirements probably will change again by the time you are on a PGWP.

Last edited:

Smitbhavsar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018

previous post secondary field of study outside of canada means ? i had done bachelours in back home and on that basis i am working as an assistant physiotherapist and had done 1 year post diploma course in Calgary and one certification course . but i am not working in the field in which i had studied in alberta but working in the field in which i had done studied out side of Canada .so i am eligible for applying in AOS? please guide me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
previous post secondary field of study outside of canada means ? i had done bachelours in back home and on that basis i am working as an assistant physiotherapist and had done 1 year post diploma course in Calgary and one certification course . but i am not working in the field in which i had studied in alberta but working in the field in which i had done studied out side of Canada .so i am eligible for applying in AOS? please guide me.
So it reads as two steps:
1. If you did your college/university program in Alberta then your job must be related to your education program and,
2. After 2019, if you completed an advanced education program then your job must also relate to your previous education.

You don’t meet the requirements if your job doesn’t relate Alberta education but may want to try and apply.

Reactions: Smitbhavsar

Smitbhavsar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
So it reads as two steps:
1. If you did your college/university program in Alberta then your job must be related to your education program and,
2. After 2019, if you completed an advanced education program then your job must also relate to your previous education.

You don’t meet the requirements if your job doesn’t relate Alberta education but may want to try and apply.
thankyou so much

Smitbhavsar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
hi i received nomination through aos . now i need to prepare for my physiotherapy licence .can i take 3 months off from my job during my nomination period.or should i take off from my job after the nomination period expires ...that is 6 month. please help

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
hi i received nomination through aos . now i need to prepare for my physiotherapy licence .can i take 3 months off from my job during my nomination period.or should i take off from my job after the nomination period expires ...that is 6 month. please help
So its actually possible?

ngiri123

Jan 13, 2021
Dear Colleagues, I have submitted my Application for AAIP plus 500 dollars , received the EOI on 17th May 2023. Whats the timeline on the review of my AAIP application and the the process thereafter.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
What education documents did you upload in the portal? Thank you.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hello guys,
Thank you!
How’s your application because we have similar situation I have to deal with?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hello Smit, Im just wondering what courses did you take in Calgary for your certificate?

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
I don't understand, what did you study abroad and in Alberta?

Dixon15

Mar 10, 2020

Hi in our case done diploma in Earley Childhool Care and previous study was Master of Arts will that be considered as relating to privious study?