+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Very Stange Incident After 'Decission Made'!! :o

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I second Cocknbull's sentiments about letting it go. One thing that struck me though - does Brit Council give you guidelines about how recent the photograph has to be? If so, was the picture within that timeframe? If they do not demand a picture taken within x number of months, then write a letter to them and ask them to update their website to reflect their true requirements so this doesn't happen to someone else. That might give you closure.
To sue, you have to show damages. Pretty hard to determine what they would be in a situation like this when everything continues along in the end. Far better to focus your energies and spirit in moving ahead. All the best!

navneetgarg120

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2011
IELTS Request
07-11-2009
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2012, 04-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-03-2012, 05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
10 May 2013
LANDED..........
19 July 2013
RB_Ramon said:
Hi Sameerb,

My Noc is 2151 (Architect)
File submitted to Nova Scotia on Jun-11
AOR from NDVO 15-12-11.
NDVO started processing my file on 20-01-12 ( as per ecas)
Got request letter for pp, med and rprf on 27-01-12( Letter dated 24-1-12)
Submitted my file with previous passports on 9-02-12.
Status change to "Decision made' on 29-03-12. ( Could be earlier also as i checked my ecas after a long while that day)
Received letter from British council on 5-4-12.(Letter dated 4-4-12).

The last line on my ecas is 'Medicals have been received'

The line 'A decision has been made and a visa officer will contact you' is not there.
and there is no address as well. (Although i'm led to believe that these things don't matter that much)

Also one thing to note is the British Council just used the term concerned party and not CHC. (Although the CHC is the only party that this concerns to in my case)
Secondly i live in Delhi and most people here claim to receive the passports within a week itself after 'DM'. But then i might not have researched this claim well enough.
Just waiting for Monday to hear from British council first. Fingers crossed.

Also Can someone please be kind enough to answer me two things:

1)have you yet to hear anyone who got refusal at such a stage? Just curious.
2)Also is it possible that the NDVO has reopened my entire file and are even checking work ex, Degree etc. All my documents are genuine so i don't have any fears, but all this would mean a hell lot of time drained up and at this stage that can be such a killing wait.

Thanks,
Ramon.
Dear Ramon,

1) Unless you have passports with visa stamped you can't be sure whether you will be granted visa, no matter what is shown on ecas. However, in your case chances are extremely very less. You can expect good news any day.
2) You should consult your immigration agent who filed the papers on your behalf and double check if agent hasn't tweaked your genuine papers to get your application accepted. Due to crook immigration consultants CIC is more cautious to do investigation on such applications. For applicants applying on their own such type of investigations are very less.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-11 with all documents.
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
24-Jan-12 along with pcc.rprf and pp
Med's Done....
3-Feb-12.....Med received line in Mar-12
Interview........
waived (rprf encashed 3-mar-12)
Passport Req..
pcc, rprf and pp submitted on 9-feb-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Thanks Cocknbull and Pippin,
Well i i guess taking legal action against BC will not solve much. So i'll just mail them about this subject and my views after i get visa(Lets hope).

BTW this is the link to their register page. Couldn't find any picture validity note but they do mention 'Recent'. How recent? Well god knows. For a guy in his late 20's(like me) i guess even a 2-3 year old picture should have passed.

https://www.ieltsidpindia.com/how-to-register.aspx

SO: Note to everyone. Make sure your ielts picture is recent and similar to how you look. ( V.Imp)

Dear Naveen,

Thanks for the reply. Well my case was strong and i doubt the consultant moderated them in any way or even needed too. ( Although i have heard of a few bad consultants doing this). I just was low on time so i went with a consultant. But i keep them on their feet and make sure every thing's running on track.

So for now i guess lets just wait and hope for the best.

PS: I don't mean to demoralize anyone waiting at the same stage of the Visa process. I just wanted to bring this situation to light .

Thanks and Regards,
Ramon.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Had to smile at the start of the last post....."Cocknbull and Pippin". Bet Wayne would think that was the name of a good PUB!
Ah well, Keep Calm and Carry On......Cheers.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Had to smile at the start of the last post....."Cocknbull and Pippin". Bet Wayne would think that was the name of a good PUB!
:)

manish26264

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2012
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
23-03-2012 : RPRF encashed on 19-04-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012 : ECAS changed on 19-04-2012 - Medical Received
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
As early as possible
Hi,

Any update?

Thanks.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hello everyone,

Status update:

It’s been over a month since my decision made status appeared.
RPRF encashed-3-mar-12

An extra line appeared after ‘Medicals have been received’ line on 24-apr-12
- ‘A Decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.’

No address still.

I’m sure it’s all good but why haven’t i received my passport yet? I stay in Delhi and I’m sure it doesn’t take 1 month to deliver passports after DM.
What do you make of it?

(PS-The Ielts issue was resolved by the British Council and they confirmed me on mail on 12-Apr-12)

Thanks and Regards.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddy, plz stay updated.

in few cases it has taken 5-6 month, still no sign of receiving passports.

ya, Im talkin abt NDVO.

take care.

RB_Ramon said:
Hello everyone,

Status update:

It's been over a month since my decision made status appeared.
RPRF encashed-3-mar-12

An extra line appeared after ‘Medicals have been received' line on 24-apr-12
- ‘A Decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.'

No address still.

I'm sure it's all good but why haven't i received my passport yet? I stay in Delhi and I'm sure it doesn't take 1 month to deliver passports after DM.
What do you make of it?

(PS-The Ielts issue was resolved by the British Council and they confirmed me on mail on 12-Apr-12)

Thanks and Regards.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hi Hope life,

I tried to dig deep in the forums. After Submitting Passports i did come across a few people that get held up for that long. But after DM i don't remember any one being held back for over a month. The NDVO has not yet reverted to my case specific inquiry sent 3 weeks back.

I'm just a little puzzled at the moment.

Regards,

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u r almost done, rite?
u gonna get it sooner or later, so my advice wud be.
enjoy urself to the fullest.

tc.

RB_Ramon said:
Hi Hope life,

I tried to dig deep in the forums. After Submitting Passports i did come across a few people that get held up for that long. But after DM i don't remember any one being held back for over a month. The NDVO has not yet reverted to my case specific inquiry sent 3 weeks back.

I'm just a little puzzled at the moment.

Regards,

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Fingers crossed my friend. I'm sure it should be ok. It's seems like a never ending wait at his stage...

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hello everyone,

Last night i came to know that someone I know has a distant relative that is a Canadian citizen working at something like a first secretary (IFS) level for the Canadian government at the CHC New Delhi.

1) Do you think if i ask this person to help for tracking/pushing my case it would be useful? and if so what do i ask him?
2)Can it cause a negative impression about me and my case to my visa officer if this person asks about my case? (I think the immigration dept works independently,just guessing)

There is a very MASSSSIVE obligation that i will have to undergo if i ask for this favor to him. Although My first preference is to hope i get visa without this favor as i like to do things without obligations. But.........

Thanks and Please advise,

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tho I neither experienced such a thing nor heard somebody doing so. but my COMMON SENSE says "NO".

jst my opinion. thx.

RB_Ramon said:
Hello everyone,

Last night i came to know that someone I know has a distant relative that is a Canadian citizen working at something like a first secretary (IFS) level for the Canadian government at the CHC New Delhi.

1) Do you think if i ask this person to help for tracking/pushing my case it would be useful? and if so what do i ask him?
2)Can it cause a negative impression about me and my case to my visa officer if this person asks about my case? (I think the immigration dept works independently,just guessing)

There is a very MASSSSIVE obligation that i will have to undergo if i ask for this favor to him. Although My first preference is to hope i get visa without this favor as i like to do things without obligations. But.........

Thanks and Please advise,