+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Very Stange Incident After 'Decission Made'!! :o

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@princeroi22

My Port of entry in Canada would be Toronto, Ontario Canada.

My NOC No. is 3142 (Physiotherpist). I hope ur POE gets updated by this weekend, please do let me know, when it arrives

Syia

Jun 14, 2012
Hello,
I can see that you've successfully got your PR for Canada. I am also an architect, planning to file under the 2151 category, and need some advice. Can you please send me your email on this forum so that I could write to you?
Thanks in advance!

simi55in

May 29, 2012
Hello Siya

Have you applied or are you planning to apply (not applied as yet), because the F skilled Worker immigration program has been temporarily suspended till 2013 Jan.

I believe in Jan they would come out with new NOC or may be new NOC numbers, so you will have to wait till Jan of next year to know what the new NOC looks like. Also hopefully when they come out with the New NOC and an improved Immigration system, you should be able to get your visa in considerably less amount of time.

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simi55in said:
@ princeroi22

My Port of entry in Canada would be Toronto, Ontario Canada.

My NOC No. is 3142 (Physiotherpist). I hope ur POE gets updated by this weekend, please do let me know, when it arrives
I RCVD MY PP WITH VISA YESTERDAY.
MY POE IS ALSO TORONTO,ON,CA.

THANKS FOR UPDATE.
GOD BLESS U IN UR FUTURRE ENDEVOUR.

ABHAY

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Abhay Congrats, Lest keep in touch via this forum, now that we will have to begin planning the landing at Canada. I am reading on how to obtain the PR card, SIN number, Driver's License and Health Card once you land in Canada, have you got any plans as to when you are likely to land in Toronto ?

@ Princeroi 22 I hope you got your PP with Visa stamped, I pray for you, Please let me know via this forum.

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Abhay -- Have you decided when you would be landing in Canada ? If you have any questions on that please let me know, I have been reading a lot on getting a Driver's License, PR Card, Health Card, SIN number.

@ Princeroi22 --> Paaji aagya PP with Visa ? I am praying for you, Please update when you do.

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simi55in said:
@ Abhay -- Have you decided when you would be landing in Canada ? If you have any questions on that please let me know, I have been reading a lot on getting a Driver's License, PR Card, Health Card, SIN number.

@ Princeroi22 --> Paaji aagya PP with Visa ? I am praying for you, Please update when you do.
thanks a lot,
I m planning to land by end of aug'12.
I would like to know about obtaining Driving Licence ASAP after landing.
If u could pls update me on that ,I m having my DL for LMV in INDIA.
Thanks.

God bless u.

ABHAY

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Abhay What I could gather from reading in different forums is that in Canada there are three kinds of driving license(s) the G1 G2 and G I might have got the naming convention wrong, but the difference is that one is absolute basic learner's license the next one you can drive with some restrictions like can't go on the some highways and freeways and other such restrictions, The G license is the full fledged license.

Now I am assuming that you have been driving in India for more than 2 yrs, or lets say you have held a valid DL in India for more than 24 months, then what you should do is get a letter/certificate of authenticity from the DL issuing office in your area, from where you had your license made. It is a very simple letter just telling your DL number and for how long you have held it.

Now when you land in Toronto, you need to take your DL, your Letter of Authenticity and go the the License issuing office in Canada write an exam and pass a practical test and Vola !!! you have the G license straightway.

Now the catch is, you should practice a lot for the left hand drive there, plus the book from which you need to prepare for the DL exam is available on the net, just search for it and you should get it. Better prepare from India itself.

Also Indian D/L is valid for the first 6 months when you land there.

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
hey simmi,

i am really thankful to ur prayers. I got ma pp(stamped) on 9th july. Though visa was stamped on 29th june. nd canada address updated on 6th.

M landing mid august.
Ticket booked.
Wat bout ur tickets. ?
Pls pm me regarding license as m in chandigarh too. Might be v had to get same letter frm RLA CHANDIGARH

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simi55in said:
@ Abhay What I could gather from reading in different forums is that in Canada there are three kinds of driving license(s) the G1 G2 and G I might have got the naming convention wrong, but the difference is that one is absolute basic learner's license the next one you can drive with some restrictions like can't go on the some highways and freeways and other such restrictions, The G license is the full fledged license.

Now I am assuming that you have been driving in India for more than 2 yrs, or lets say you have held a valid DL in India for more than 24 months, then what you should do is get a letter/certificate of authenticity from the DL issuing office in your area, from where you had your license made. It is a very simple letter just telling your DL number and for how long you have held it.

Now when you land in Toronto, you need to take your DL, your Letter of Authenticity and go the the License issuing office in Canada write an exam and pass a practical test and Vola !!! you have the G license straightway.

Now the catch is, you should practice a lot for the left hand drive there, plus the book from which you need to prepare for the DL exam is available on the net, just search for it and you should get it. Better prepare from India itself.

Also Indian D/L is valid for the first 6 months when you land there.
thanks simi,
Thank u very much on ur valuable input.

I hv booked my tickets DT.21 sep 12.
V'll be in touch.
All the best,

Abhay

simi55in

May 29, 2012
Hi Abhay .... which airline you booked ? and how much it cost.
are you traveling alone or with family ?

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Princeroi22... Well first of all a big congrats on getting your Visa !!! No I haven't decided on a landing date as yet. Couple of factors to consider. My Husband works with a I.T. MNC in Bangalore and they have 3 months notice period, so he will have to plan his resignation and everything. Also I am waiting for my results for Credential Evaluation.

Which airline did you book your tickets on and how much did it cost you ?

For D/L you will have to go to Sec 17 License office and inquire about this letter of Authenticity, but I know this for a fact that it is getting made in Sec 17, because one of my friends who went to Canada last year got his made from Sec 17 and cleared the exam and the practical test in Canada and now has a G license.

By the way I never asked what was your Job category for the FSW application.? Like mine was Physiotherapist

naikabhay11

Jan 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simi55in said:
Hi Abhay .... which airline you booked ? and how much it cost.
are you traveling alone or with family ?
British Airways,
37500/adult
32370/child
Total little less than 18hrs journey + 4.5 hrs halt at london.
My wife and son will accompany with me.
I m landing in mississuaga ,toronto,ON,CA.
All the best to u&ur family.