waived (rprf encashed 3-mar-12)
Passport Req..
pcc, rprf and pp submitted on 9-feb-12
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hello Everyone.

I have a very peculiar problem in my case.
After submitting my pcc and medicals in feb-2012 at the New Delhi Visa office, My status had changed to Decision made when i checked after a long while on 29th of March 2012. Also the line 'medicals have been received' was there.
About my case.
File submitted to Nova Scotia on 10-jun-11.
NOC- 2151 (Architect)
Up until yesterday i felt that my passports with visa should arrive soon.

BUT!!!!!

Today i got a letter from British Council Delhi saying. "Notification of investigation of IELTS Result to Candidate".
The contents of the letter are as follows,
" We have been notified by a receiving Organization that has received an IELTS test report form for you that they have a concern about the IELTS test report Form you have submitted with your application.
(There are some other wordings too but this is the important bit)
My Result was L:8, R:8, W:6.5, S:8, Overall :8.0. The mark sheet i sent was Genuine and so are my marks. Also i only sent this result to CIC and No where else.
(Test was taken Last year in May-2011) btw.

Dear members can you please help me out here as all this seems so confusing to me.

1)Whey am i receiving this letter so late and at a stage when even my ECAS says decision made.
2) It's already been 7 days sine DM status change (could be a little more as i only checked ECas after a long while that day). What do you make of this Bizarre turn of events and do you anticipate any further delays.

Looking for a Response from your side.
Thanks and Regards,

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I think you miss out on the other important bit: what does the British Council recommned you do? I don't think they wont just inform you of the concern of the receiving org (CHC) without requiring some sort of action from you.
I will suggest you contact British Council first before anything else. You are almost there and I believe everything will work out at the end. All the best!
*Mandie*

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-11 with all documents.
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
24-Jan-12 along with pcc.rprf and pp
Med's Done....
3-Feb-12.....Med received line in Mar-12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Thanks for your reply Mandie.
Well The British Council has not really asked me to do anything . Also they haven't mention Cic or New Delhi visa office anywhere. They just informed me of this situation and asked if there is something i would like to add to this in 21 days time. As per them until the investigation is over my result stands.

But what confuses me the most is why at such a late stage would New Delhi Visa Office ask for verification from British Council? I will call the British council tomorrow in the morning as well. Also i haven't really heard or read anywhere that they do these checks so late.
(I mean its nearly the end of the entire process I'd imagine)

Although i am still positive but i hate to see these unforeseen delays that might keep me all anxious and worked up till the Passport is received.

Thanks,
Ramon

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
PS. It was Good Friday today and a national holiday as well, so i couldn't really get any help today.
I didn't even feel like going out today evening as well.
Lets hope i don't end up ruining my Saturday as well because of this.

Ramon.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
RB_Ramon said:
PS. It was Good Friday today and a national holiday as well, so i couldn't really get any help today.
I didn't even feel like going out today evening as well.
Lets hope i don't end up ruining my Saturday as well because of this.

Ramon.
I am so sorry to hear about your predicament. From your writing, it certainly sounds like you earned your high IELTS marks with good reason! If you think back to writing your exam, did anything appear to be unusual? I only ask as I know someone who wrote the first IELTS at a British Council location and didn't hear anything on day 21. Unable to reach the staff by phone a few days later, he went to the location and found the office locked and vacant. His fees were lost, the time was lost and when he called the Council they said they had heard from a number of others, but there was nothing they could suggest other than re-register.
I look forward to reading that everything has been sorted out and you are on your way. All the best.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RB_Ramon said:
Hello Everyone.

I have a very peculiar problem in my case.
After submitting my pcc and medicals in feb-2012 at the New Delhi Visa office, My status had changed to Decision made when i checked after a long while on 29th of March 2012. Also the line 'medicals have been received' was there.
About my case.
File submitted to Nova Scotia on 10-jun-11.
NOC- 2151 (Architect)
Up until yesterday i felt that my passports with visa should arrive soon.

BUT!!!!!

Today i got a letter from British Council Delhi saying. "Notification of investigation of IELTS Result to Candidate".
The contents of the letter are as follows,
" We have been notified by a receiving Organization that has received an IELTS test report form for you that they have a concern about the IELTS test report Form you have submitted with your application.
(There are some other wordings too but this is the important bit)
My Result was L:8, R:8, W:6.5, S:8, Overall :8.0. The mark sheet i sent was Genuine and so are my marks. Also i only sent this result to CIC and No where else.
(Test was taken Last year in May-2011) btw.

Dear members can you please help me out here as all this seems so confusing to me.

1)Whey am i receiving this letter so late and at a stage when even my ECAS says decision made.
2) It's already been 7 days sine DM status change (could be a little more as i only checked ECas after a long while that day). What do you make of this Bizarre turn of events and do you anticipate any further delays.

Looking for a Response from your side.
Thanks and Regards,

Hi!

This is so unfortunate and when you are almost there. Visa office normally verifies Ielts online. There could be a possibility, some error in British council's online record. I would suggest you to contact British council but also order your CAIPS/GCMS to see notes of visa officer if he/she has any concerns or what happened there. Hopefully you will be cleared if everything was genuine and nothing to worry about.

Check this link, he was in a similar situation like you. Thanks

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/118724-wrong-ielts-result-has-anyone-gotten-situation.html

Hi All,

I got sponsorship from SA in Nov 2010 and my case is currently with DIAC under security checking. I received a strange email from immigration SA today regarding a discrepancy in my IELTs test results. Below is the text from email:

I refer to the Sponsorship approval on 11/2/2010 from South Australia provided to you during this Program Year (1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011).

Certain discrepancies about your IELTS test result, in support of your application registered on 10/28/2010, have since come to our attention. The results indicated in the hard copy test result you submitted as part of your Sponsorship Application are different from the results in the IELTS On-Line Verification System to which Immigration SA has access. We have confirmation from IELTS that the data in the On-Line Verification System is up to date and 100% accurate.

Please provide the following information by 5pm* Friday 15 July 2011 (Adelaide local time*) to permit us to recheck that you provided the correct IELTS test details. Email to gsm.sa @ sa.gov.au

Required information
Provide information here:
1. The Test Report Form (TRF) number

2. The Candidate number

3. Centre Number

4. Date of Test

Do not provide the test scores as the information above will enable Immigration SA to verify your results.

If we do not receive this information before 5pm* Friday 15 July; or if the test result you provide does not meet the IELTS score for your Nominated occupation, Immigration SA will advise the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to revoke your South Australian Sponsorship. You will be notified of this decision in writing via email.

DIAC will advise you of the implications of your sponsorship revocation.

Test results older than two years at the time of the Sponsorship application are not accepted.

Please note DIAC may apply the fraud PIC to your applications lodged with DIAC.

We look forward to receiving this advice from you by 5pm* Friday 15 July 2011.
Now this is very strange for me because I provided them a sealed TRF from British Council Pakistan (British Council Conducts IELTs test in Pakistan). It seems that there is a either a real discrepancy in the TRF that was sent to me & to SA & the online system or someone in SA punched in wrong credentials while checking my IELTs test via their online system.

What should I do in this situation? Luckily I had given 2 IELTs tests, one GT & another Academic. I used the the results of Academic since it was newer however both were valid at the time of application to SA & both are valid to date. I have got the minimum 6 score in both the IELTs (that was the minimum criteria for obtaining SA sponsorship for my profession at that time). But I am still confused, that what should be my response to SA?

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
Hi,

You don't need to worry as long as your IELTS result is genuine .

Visa office generally verifies the IELTS result at the initial stage and you have come up so far in the processing .
Everything will be alright but in between you can call British council about the verification .

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Thanks Pippin, CocknBull, SandySurrey for your Replies.

They were very useful and relieving to me. The reply from you Senior guys really helped boost my confidence.

I have written a mail to the British council today asking for clarification on the same. My queries to them were as follows:
" 1) Is there a possibility that my results are not rightly updated on your direct verification system that Embassies use? If so can you please kindly update it and let the Concerned party know.
(I have attached the scanned copy of the original IETLS TRF Submitted to the Visa office for your reference)
2) On what date was the concern raised by the receiving party? This is very crucial to me as i have not received any letter from the New Delhi visa office regarding the same.
3) Approximately How long does the British Council take to resolve this matter and is there anything further required from my side?
4) Can this be an error on the embassies part? Such as entering a wrong detail or something during verification. If so can the British Council sought it out?
"

The Ielts center Administrator will be available on Monday. So i guess I'll just have to wait till then for a reply.

Also i don't recall any thing to be off from the time i took the test till the receiving of my TRF. Even the sms update i received on the 21st day had the same result. I personally collected my TRF from the British council Delhi. So i don't suspect any thing to be a miss here.

I'm still waiting for a reply from the British Council's side to see if need to order CAIPS. (Although i'm still learning about this tool on the forums and i must say great job to all the people that have pitched in.)

But one very important thing i need to ask is,
1) do you guys think its normal for NDVO to re verify IELTS documents at such a late stage? I tried to look deep into a lot of forums but could not find any possibility of this happening.
2) Although i did recall one person being called for an Interview after Medicals, Passports and Landing fees were submitted in a forum somewhere. Cant really find that forum now. Is this possible guys? (I don't mind an Interview but it's the delay that bothers me)

PS: I don't mean to demoralize anyone waiting at the same stage of the Visa process. I just wanted to bring this situation to light .
Also i shall keep updating my situation.

Thanks Guys,
Ramon.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RB_Ramon said:
But one very important thing i need to ask is,
1) do you guys think its normal for NDVO to re verify IELTS documents at such a late stage? I tried to look deep into a lot of forums but could not find any possibility of this happening.
2) Although i did recall one person being called for an Interview after Medicals, Passports and Landing fees were submitted in a forum somewhere. Cant really find that forum now. Is this possible guys? (I don't mind an Interview but it's the delay that bothers me)

PS: I don't mean to demoralize anyone waiting at the same stage of the Visa process. I just wanted to bring this situation to light .
Also i shall keep updating my situation.

Thanks Guys,
Ramon.
1) Nothing can be said for sure. If I say anything it will be a mere guess or speculation. You need to wait and see.

2) Yes you can be called for an interview even after sending your passport.

I would suggest you to order your CAIPS/GCMS now because if they do call you for an interview you wouldn't have enough time to order CAIPS/GCMS then because it takes at least 30 days to get CAIPS/GCMS. I know one person who had already ordered CAIPS but unluckily he has been called for an interview and date of interview is just 4 days before he will get CAIPS so CAIPS/GCMS is useless now. Thanks

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Completely agree with C'nB that you consider ordering CAIPS/GCMS immediately. I ordered them recently and delivery in Canada took about 35 days. Good Luck.

RB_Ramon

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
RBVO 15-Dec-11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
03-May12 (DM 29-Mar-12)
LANDED..........
June 2012
Thanks Guys,

I spoke to my immigration consultant today and he said he will get caips arranged through the company's Canadian representative in Canada. Although he is still convinced that there is nothing serious in my case and chances of interview are extremely low.
Plus they their consultancy covers these things and i wont be charged anything for this as well. I guess it should be a day or two sooner too with their representative being a Canadian citizen living in Canada. We both are still waiting for that reply from British Council on Monday though.

Also dear cocknbull,
Was this person called for interview before or after the medicals and passports were submitted?

A Bit about the good work by the Canadian representative:
The Canadian representative was very helpful in an earlier situation i faced. My credit card did not work at Cic Nova scotia office and they told me to resubmit the entire file with the 2011-12 forms.BTW my file reached in jun-11.
The Canadian representative was able to convince them to take a draft payment instead even though by that time the Aug 2011 files had started but Cic accepted it. But that was a close call and it was good on Cic's part to let this slide so easily.

Ramon.

DeepakBabbar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
Hello,

i might be wrong but sounds like this problem might have been triggered by this scam. This relates to IELTS.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-student-jailed-in-australia-in-visa-scam-190318

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RB_Ramon said:
Thanks Guys,

I spoke to my immigration consultant today and he said he will get caips arranged through the company's Canadian representative in Canada. Although he is still convinced that there is nothing serious in my case and chances of interview are extremely low.
Plus they their consultancy covers these things and i wont be charged anything for this as well. I guess it should be a day or two sooner too with their representative being a Canadian citizen living in Canada. We both are still waiting for that reply from British Council on Monday though.

Also dear cocknbull,
Was this person called for interview before or after the medicals and passports were submitted?

A Bit about the good work by the Canadian representative:
The Canadian representative was very helpful in an earlier situation i faced. My credit card did not work at Cic Nova scotia office and they told me to resubmit the entire file with the 2011-12 forms.BTW my file reached in jun-11.
The Canadian representative was able to convince them to take a draft payment instead even though by that time the Aug 2011 files had started but Cic accepted it. But that was a close call and it was good on Cic's part to let this slide so easily.

Ramon.
Hi!

He is called for an interview very recently. He hasn't submitted passports or medicals yet. good luck and all the best to you and please keep updating. Thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DeepakBabbar said:
Hello,

i might be wrong but sounds like this problem might have been triggered by this scam. This relates to IELTS.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-student-jailed-in-australia-in-visa-scam-190318
Please see this also...Thanks

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-fraud-report-from-indiabewaredont-put-the-real-peopin-trouble-t52319.0.html

IELTS-Issue-Delhi
INDIA - IELTS issues

David Manicom, Immigration Program Manager, Canadian High Commission, New Delhi - October 31, 2009: “We areconcerned. In addition to the central role IELTS plays in our immigrant selection grid, we are operating a very high profile pilot project with the Canadian education sector that requires IELTS, which we pushed for on the basis of superior IELTS security. I have met several experienced Canadian education sector reps recently who tell me ‘everyone knows' IELTS now has fraud issues, and my understanding is that our colleagues believe imposter problems are growing. An initial phone survey of 10 Punjabi cases after the news of the arrests led to several of concern who will be interviewed at more depth. Today I saw a clearly
fraudulent IELTS results paper, which nevertheless ‘confirmed' on line. So, yes, we are worried.”

Reply - November 2, 2009: “I am not sure if you are aware but our security processes do not cease with the issue of a test result.We conduct investigations post release of results and have an IELTS Partner developed process for the cancellation of results
post release should any issue be identified with the result. If you could send through the details of the fraudulent TRF to which you refer I can arrange to investigate it. If an impostor has entered the test undetected by staff we can look at other indicators to assess the authenticity of the result.” “We are quite willing to travel to Delhi to meet with CIC to discuss concerns in person and to take you through our processes. We would also be pleased to meet with the education reps to whom you refer to canvas their feedback, to date we have not had any concerns raised formally with us. We would welcome the opportunity to meet with groups who may have concerns. We are highly responsive to any feedback from the public domain and follow up on all allegations to assess the information. We could also take the opportunity of updating you on our plans to implement test day photo capture in test centres on test day .