+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Very Stange Incident After 'Decission Made'!! :o

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
thanks simi55,

About Airlines----
Don't book ur tickets on Internet like "MAke my trip" etc , etc, they are far expensive and i did tried couple of Airlines but they wer all @ Rs. 70,000. and my landing date was fixed for Aug. since till sept. Airline tickets are dominant by Students, so availability of tickets is less.
and the price are sky high, i did booked 1 from an agent @ sec 34 and it cost me Rs. 43000. for swiss air.

u can also get tickets cheap as 30,000. but check ur itinerary coz there are various agents claiming to BA or Lufthansa's tickets but once u got itinerary in ur hand u 'll be shocked that plane is routed through Delhi-Bahrain-heathrow-Toronto. and plane is changed @ heathrow and till heathrow u 'll be flying in sm Arab carriers till heathrow.

Mine NOC is 7242. Industrial electrician(In India Power systems and Automation engineer)....

One more question how did u get ur credentials certified, well i never tried for it ???
Is it really important ???? ur friend mst have told u ...... ?

Can u pls provide me the verbatim for the letter of Authenticity ????

thnks nd rgds,

quantsegu

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Abhay,

You seem to have the quicest turnaround for Visa.. Congrats!
Is this due to some reason, or just by chance?

Just curious to know. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,
Segu

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Princecoi22

Well... since I am an Orthopedic physiotherapist I would need a license to practice as a physiotherapist in Canada, so I have to get my Credentials evaluated, thats why I asked your NOC. But I am not sure if you need a license to practice your profession (job type) in Canada or Not.

My Husband has worked for IBM for seven years now, he is a BSc in Computer science and a Masters in Management of I.T. he is not getting his credentials evaluated, since his 7 years of work with IBM would be the main thing on which he would be looking for a Job in Canada.

You can do one think in the search box on this web-site type your NOC number in the search bar and see what comes, start from there, then with the NOC number search on google, something like this " NOC 7242 Canada immigration" I am sure you should get some good forums.

As for the Letter of Authenticity it was really simple, I don't recall the exact verbatim right now, but from my Memory I can tell u the following.

This is to certify that Mr XXX has held a driving license since " date " and is authorised to drive car, Jeep, Motorcycle with gear. He has no traffic violation against his name.

The above has to be on the letter head of the D/L issuing office. I am sure if you go to the D/L office in Chandigarh. (Which is opposit to the small round about, sec 17, next to traffic lights, this is towards the end of sec 17 where " New Book Store" and Blue Dart offices are). Even if you can't find someone in office you listens to you, try some agent I am sure they would be there in plenty. Also get this letter and the International driving license.

@Quantsegu ... Well I think this quick pace of applying and getting Immigration Visas has started from 2010, most of my friends who applied in 2010 and 2011 got their Immigrant Visas with in 8 months. All of my friends were practicing physiotherapist in India.

Now with Abhay and Princeroi their NOCs are 7242 and 7241 (I think this has to do with Electronics) and I am NOC 3142 (Physiotherapist) but we all applied in Feb and by May we all got our Visas, so looks like the turn around time for cic is improving overall.

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
helo simi,

thanx fo the info.

i went to RLA sec 17 and got a new driving license since my pic. in the D/L was blurred. so i opted for new driving license and it was provided to me in 15 mins... (V.V. Fast)

i got the letter of authentication too, the wording in it states that....

CERTIFIED THAT DRIVING LICENSE NO. __________ DATED ______ HAS BEEN ISSUED IN TH E NAME OF Mr. _ _ _ _ _ _ S/D/W OF Mr. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Resi of CHANDIGARH (INDIA) FOR LMV AND MCWG WHICH IS VALID UP TO 22/09/2025. HIS DATE OF BIRTH AS PER OFFICE RECORD IS _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _...

pls correct if i need any addition ???????????

thnx nd rgds

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Princeroi22

Yes the verbatim of the letter is exactly what is required. Now you can try and see if you can get an International Driving License, because then on the International driving license you can drive till 2 months on Toronto without any problems.

1. Also please let me know which counter/window number you went to in sec 17 first to get your new DL and then secondly the letter.
2. Did you have to explain a lot about the letter and why you need it or did they just had the format ready and gave you the letter without much problems.
3. For the letter of Authenticity did u have to take a copy of your Visa as well...? or did they just gave it on request

Please let me know about the above 3 points. Also I think for International D/L you would need a copy of your plain tickets and (maybe) even copy of your visa.... please check with sec 17

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
helo simi,

follow the steps below...
1. Go to counter no. 10(extreme left wen u enter RLA). a very polite lady sitting there ...
2. Be handy with xerox copy of ur DL.
3. Write an application to the RLA chandigarh to issue u a NOC for ur DL.
4. Than go to Counter no 1 for getting it marked by a senior.
5. he marks it than again counter no. 10 and she 'll give u a certificate for getting a number issued and u 'll have to go to counter 4 which is just opposite to counter no. 9.(bit difficult to find)
6. they 'll put a number on ur certificate and the lady @ counter no. 10 'll stamp it ...

Max. 30 mins....

2. I told the lady @ counter no. 10 to issue Letter of authenticity as i am moving abroad....
3. No visa no tickets required ...

i wanna retain my Indian license so 'll not go for int'l license....

hope it helps

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ princeroi22

Yes, thanks for the detailed explanation it is very useful. I am in Bangalore right now, need to wind up here as my Husband is working with IBM here. Then when we finally plan the move this info that you have given is going to help a lot.

Also, please inquire again, because I don't think that you have to surrender Indian License to get an International License made. I have a family friend in Bangalore who just now returned from the USA after a month of vacation there and she had got her international driving license made and she never surrendered her India License.
All she needed was copy of her existing D/L, visa copy and her air tickets copy..... Because with international D/L you won't have any botheration for first 2 months as it is.

So I would suggest, that please go to the office and inquire if you have not already, whether we have to surrender our Indian D/L for making an international D/L

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
helo simi,

if the info is useful its ma pleasure.
If they do issue Int. D/L beside that of National D/L. I 'll surely look fo it. Monday as tomm. Is booked.

Nd if u hav ny other questions or doubts, do share it may also help me in my packing prepration.

Thnx nd rgds.

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@princeroi22 --> How are the preparations for landing coming out ? Do let me know if you have any questions, I will try and get an answer for you.

allwey

Jun 27, 2012
Wait....it seems CIC has is doing verification in regard to your IELTS score card submitted. Seems they might have found something fishy about IELTS result. Please update exactly i might be ale to tell yo the exact situation.

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@allwey -->First of all please help me understand how you came to conclusion, that CIC found something fishy with someone's ILETS result, have you read the entire thread.... or just read first few entries and then like a Ramji Bhayia, started jumping up and down.... that I will deliver the Milk ???

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
Hey simi,

Nice to c u after long. My mind is totally confused. Bout wat to pick.nd wat to leave, have no.queries pls share all the stuff u have.

I 'll be grateful.to u.

Thnx nd rgds

simi55in

May 29, 2012
@ Princeroi22 --> Well the things that I have read I can tell you point wise ...

1. Proof of Funds when you go through immigration check at the Canadian airport

Never ever carry bank statements from Indian Banks as proof of Funds, Always carry either (a)Traveler's cheque, (b) Demand Draft [but they will be encashed after about 30 days, so carry enough cash for first 30 days] (c) carry the entire amount as cash [but you will have to declare if your are carrying more than 10,000 dollars] ... or you can do one more thing, TD Bank of Canada has a tie up with HDFC bank of India so while in Chandigarh you can get a Canadian account opened. Then the Bank statement of the TD Bak would be considered a valid proof of Funds when you land.

2. D/L --> You already have the authenticity letter, please let me know if you applied and accquired the international driving license or not.

3. Health insurance --> You must buy some health insurance from India for at least first 3 months because your Health Card will come after only 3 months of landing in Toronto.

4. Attested copies of all documents, you can get it done from sec 17, get all your certificates and degrees notary attested with international valid stamp.

5. Don't take too many clothes from India, only formal shirts and suits, because these are expensive in Canada, but not general clothes like jeans, shirts etc.... because those you would need Canadian, also don't carry too many shoes as well.... You would need the Canadian Shoes there.

6. After you land the very next day, Go to a Canada service office and get your SIN (social Insurance Number), without SIN you can't get a job in Canada.....

7. Beyond this I can't think of much else, will update you incase I hear or come across something..... But in the meanwhile do let me know what happened to the International driving license that you were thinking of getting. .... Also when are you flying...?

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
Helo Simi,

1. Got tc frm American express. and 1200$'s as cash.
2. I din't applied for int'l DL.spoke to 1 of ma frnds there. He said 1 may nt require it as DL can be obtained within 3 months of landing.
3.got health insurance for 3 months @ rs. 4200. Insured value 50000 $'s
4.I''ll look for certificates part. Can u tell me where exactly they have asked for notary attested copies certificates ? Link for the website...
5.already shopped for summer. Winters are harsh than india. So winter's shopping 'll be done there.
6. 'Ll definitely do at first place,beside opening bank acc.
7. Thanx for ur help .........'ll be landing this week...

Thnx nd rgds

simi55in

May 29, 2012
Hello Princeroi 22

Where are you..? and How are you ? I hope everything us well..... Please take some time and write about your landing experience at the airport and about your first month in Canada.... please reply I will be waiting to hear from you.

Simi