+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A couple questions

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am trying to fill IMM5532E for my wife for whom I sponsored a couple of years ago, but got rejected. Now I am sponsoring her again, but a bit confuse that do I need to write previous UCI of my wife in IMM5532E form if I am sponsoring second time to IRCC.
Yes, you can enter the previous UCI number.

Jun 27, 2019
Yes, you can enter the previous UCI number.
Thanks Canada202eh.

My Scenario
As I am a Canadian Citizen and I sponsored my wife a couple of years ago, however got rejected by cic, now IRCC. Well, at that time we did not have any kid, but now we do have a boy and I applied on his behalf for CIT 0001 (01-2019) E APPLICATION FOR CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE FOR ADULTS AND MINORS (Proof of Citizenship) Under Section 3 of the Citizenship Act and later on for Canadian Passport, which he has got both of them. Now, with regard to imm5532e, I have some more following queries for which I am getting confused:

Section A
2. Other sponsorships
-- Have you sponsored in the past, are you currently sponsoring, any other family members in a different application?

Under my scenario, which one I need to select -- Yes/No.

Section B
2. Do you have any relatives (including aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) ----

My wife does not have any of the above, so should I write "Not Applicable" in all columns.

Thank you very much in advance.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks Canada202eh.

My Scenario
As I am a Canadian Citizen and I sponsored my wife a couple of years ago, however got rejected by cic, now IRCC. Well, at that time we did not have any kid, but now we do have a boy and I applied on his behalf for CIT 0001 (01-2019) E APPLICATION FOR CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE FOR ADULTS AND MINORS (Proof of Citizenship) Under Section 3 of the Citizenship Act and later on for Canadian Passport, which he has got both of them. Now, with regard to imm5532e, I have some more following queries for which I am getting confused:

Section A
2. Other sponsorships
-- Have you sponsored in the past, are you currently sponsoring, any other family members in a different application?

Section B

My wife does not have any of the above, so should I write "Not Applicable" in all columns.

A. Yes
B. N/A in the top left square under family name

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Canada202eh.

My Scenario

Section A
2. Other sponsorships

Section B

Since you applied to sponsor your wife previously, but was not successful in actually sponsoring your wife...I'm not really sure if the correct answer is yes. I suppose you could say yes and then explain what happened?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Since you applied to sponsor your wife previously, but was not successful in actually sponsoring your wife...I'm not really sure if the correct answer is yes. I suppose you could say yes and then explain what happened?
The form doesn't ask whether the sponsorship was successful or not, only if you have sponsored before and provide the details.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The form doesn't ask whether the sponsorship was successful or not, only if you have sponsored before and provide the details.
But...if the application was denied, how could the OP have actually sponsored previously?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
But...if the application was denied, how could the OP have actually sponsored previously?
Personally, I would act on the side of caution and answer yes, might not be good if indicated no and that wasn't the answer they wanted, they might think he has something to hide.

From the guide,

Question 2
Other sponsorships

• Complete the table by writing the names and dates of birth for anyone you have sponsored or co-signed to sponsor in the past.
  • You must include everyone you have ever sponsored, even if they have not become permanent residents of Canada yet.
  • For each person, specify if you were the sponsor or co-signer.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • Complete the table by writing the names and dates of birth for anyone you have sponsored or co-signed to sponsor in the past.
  • You must include everyone you have ever sponsored, even if they have not become permanent residents of Canada yet.
  • For each person, specify if you were the sponsor or co-signer.
Yes, I also saw that before making my post. I interpreted that to mean a person, who has been approved but has not yet landed as a PR, because of the "...everyone you have ever sponsored,..." part. Again, a failed sponsorship application can't result in a person being sponsored, but...your suggestion aligns with what I suggested in the last sentence of my initial response. :)

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Yes, I also saw that before making my post. I interpreted that to mean a person, who has been approved but has not yet landed as a PR, because of the "...everyone you have ever sponsored,..." part. Again, a failed sponsorship application can't result in a person being sponsored, but...your suggestion aligns with what I suggested in the last sentence of my initial response. :)
Thanks for agreeing with me. The OP can decide from here.

Jun 27, 2019
Thanks Canada2020eh & Ponga for your responses.

With regard to imm5406e, I have the following query:

Section C
BROTHERS AND SISTERS (Including half - and step-brothers and sisters)

My wife (The Principal Applicant) has five siblings, but the said form contains only for three. For the rest of her two siblings what I am supposed to do.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Section C

My wife (The Principal Applicant) has five siblings, but the said form contains only for three. For the rest of her two siblings what I am supposed to do.

back in the days, we would print and attach another copy of the form and mark as page2. Not sure how you can do that online now... Does the form expend? if not may be save a page2 of the form and continue with the information?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Section C

Suggest you create an addendum. Name it something like [applicant's name_IMM5406_AdditionalInfo.pdf] (or similar) and upload.

Reactions: YVR123
Jun 27, 2019
Thank you very much Ponga and YVR123 for your responses. I really appreciate for your suggestion & help. May God bless you.

Jun 27, 2019
With regard to imm5533e, I have the following query:

Information about Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)

I got my permanent resident visa in 2001 and I sponsored my wife when we got married in the year of 2011, however got rejected by cic, now IRCC. I couldn't figure out the above question mentioned in the form (imm5533e) and a bit confused of selecting the options Yes/No. Under my scenario, which one I need to go for.

Jun 27, 2019
As I am sponsoring my wife and I just came across one more document named the Settlement Plan. Can any one let me know what is Settlement Plan and is there any form from IRCC.