+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
remstaneja said:
Hi I got invitation on 4th January 2017 under CEC as of know i have a regular job from last full one year in Canada and getting paid bi weekly but i don't have funds in my account as of last two months. I am thinking of getting all the funds from my dad. can i attach gift deed along with it as he is going to transfer money overseas to my account from his account in India.

But i also read somewhere that if you got an invitation under CEC and you have a regular job you don't need to show funds ?

Can someone please help ??
If you've been invited under the CEC program simply upload a letter stating so in the placeholder for POF.

You are not required to submit POF.

pthomas

May 16, 2016
Hi ,

I am a bit short of my settlement fund (just 50k INR). The deposit is in the form of fixed deposits in Bank A. I thinking of multiple options :

1. My dad gifting me the amount by way of a cheque and creating a gift deed.
2. Selling assets like Gold and deposit the money in the account.
3. Showing my salary account balance after the salary is credited. But problem with this is , If I take 6 month statements of it, it can be found that the amount gets over within a few weeks time. In effect, average balance of last 6 months will be very less.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

waqaskhm

Jan 30, 2017
Hey Seniors,

I am applying for SINP occupation in-demand category. While filling the application, I come across settlement funds screen. So, I want to ask some questions, I 'll be grateful for your replies:

- I m currently living in Saudi Arabia but maintaining my bank account in my native country. So, can I provide bank statement of that account which I m maintaining at my native country or I have to provide it from my current location?

- Is there any way that they will reconfirm my statement from bank because after submitting my statement I would withdraw money from there.

- They are asking for 3 month statement so minimum balance required should be maintained in all 3 months and also show in closing balance?

Thanks.

happydream

Jan 29, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Hi and thank you for all the much needed information. It is really a headache

My question is I don't have the money in my actual account. My parents are gifting me the money but the thing is that they live in another country and this country doesn't allow money transfer. So I'm stuck. Do I open an account in my country of origin so my parents can put the money in there. It would be a new account with no 6 months balance ? Do you think it would be accepted by Ontario. In case it doesn't work what should I do ?
And if it is accepted should I just add a letter of expalantion and a gift deed with the balance of the new account ?

Thank you again

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, if the required amount of money has been in my account for more than 6 months, then I don't have to explain the source of funds, right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pat180715 said:
Guys, if the required amount of money has been in my account for more than 6 months, then I don't have to explain the source of funds, right?
Correct

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
hi guys..i just got my ITA days ago.. been through the thread but still in some confusion.. i maintained the required amount for two months and then had to withdraw 80% of it few months back.. now i am depositing the required amount by next two days..so i am thinking of submitting my application by next 40 days.. so what are the documents i will be needing for POF ?

are this documents okay ? :
1. Bank statement with mentioning the amount present in canadian currency.
2. Bank solvency letter.
3. Gift deed from my Aunt.

thanks in advance :)

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about sale deed of a property as POF.

I have the funds from my father but the problem is he is retired person and don't have active Tax Number.

so I am thinking to make a sale deed to my brother of a property I have in my name.

This way I will have POF rightly in my account.

What u people suggest?

Feb 13, 2017
anujgupta84 said:
@silkyshadow,

- You don't need to show all the accounts you are holding. You just need to prove you have liquid funds for your survival in Canada.
- If the money isn't borrowed from anyone then even if you haven't maintained it for 6 months, itvwont be an issue. Just be concise in your explanation about it in the 'Letter of Explanation'.
- Just show the accounts whose balances exceeds the minimum funds required for your case, $22,170 for 4 people.

I am certain that
1) if you provide Bank statements for 6 months (even if you haven't maintained the minimum POF balance),
2) if you haven't borrowed the money,
3) if you provide explanation concisely,
You will be absolutely fine. I hope I managed to clear your doubts to some extent.
Greetings!
I just wanted to ask one question because I am in a similar situation-- So Banks statements and explanation are enough? I am very concerned over my situation. Do files need to be in pdf format? Can I just convert them with this online tool: jpgtopdf.com because I am running out of time.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Do we need to show all existing bank accounts or it can be just the one we have sufficient funds on?

I found this on CIC so Im confused.

"The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists ALL current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans. "

infinix

Feb 13, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Hi Seniors,
I am a regular visitors on this forum. this is my first post.
we are planning to apply for EE and i have some worries about the proof of fund.
my spouse is the principal applicant. and i intend to transfer like 15,000CAD from my account to her account. I have the funds in my account already. it was a gift from my older brother.
my questions:
1. do i need a gift deed from my brother for the funds into my account?
2. would a self declaration from me stating she can use the funds for EE suffice after i have transferred the money to her account.
3. or i should just show the flow of the funds from my account to hers?
i have been cracking my head over these.
thank you.

Idoless

Feb 17, 2017
Hello,
First of all thank you so much for the thread and the information you guys are exchanging.
I've read almost every post but I don't seem to find an answer to some of my questions, if anyone can guide me, it will be very much appreciated.

I'm from Algeria, where foreign currencies are extremely monitored. My father gave me 9 000 euros in cash, is it problematic that I don't have proof of a bank transfer? will I have to explain where the cash came from? I'm planning on sending my father's bank statment, but he gets payed in algerian dinars and not euros, is it okey or do I have to present a currency change statment?

Also, I deposited this money on an account I just created a week ago. I know it's a big no-no but let me explain : I have a bank account (in a private bank) since september 2015, however when I wanted to deposit my money on that account, I was informed that my bank limited your total deposit to 2 000 euros, and that I had to create a bank account in a state bank, where they did not. Will I have to explain this in the LOE? do I have to just write it down like I just did or do I need some kind of statment from my bank?

Thank you for reading me !

nazmulhoque

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
Waiting
I got ITA on 25 Jan, 2017 at 456 points. I am currently preparing all my documents for APR.

I have already managed all my documents including PCC for Bangladesh and U.K. (where I studied), medical, employment certificates, IELTS TRF (Band 8.0), and ECA (Post Doc)

I have to show a fund of around 19000 CAD for a family of three members. Currently, I have the fund in my account. I have recently received the money from my dad.

I have seen in the canadavisa forum how many people have submitted a gift deed as the source of fund.

However, my dad has deposited the money into my account by cash and it was not transferred from his account by a clearing cheque.

Will it be okay if I only submit the gift deed with my bank letter and account statements without my father's bank statements and proof of transactions from his account to mine?

Please let me know.

TakhminaB

Dec 23, 2016
Dear Experts,

Have a question.. We are waiting for wes and ielts results, did not open ee profile yet. My husband is a principal applicant and has LMIA approved.

-do we have to show funds if he has a valid job offer?
-if yes, how much? (family of four)
-if we show more will our chances become better?

Thank you in advance!