+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Self-declaration from her father stating that the funds are a gift and not a loan + proof of transfer.
Thanks for the prompt reply
The money which i intend to transfer from my account , will be given by my brother to me.
Should i ask him to directly transfer to her account ,If so what all documents to be provided..
OR
Should i receive the money in my account n then transfer to her account.
Which option is better..
Kindly advice

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Directly to her account is the easiest approach - same documents that I stated above are required.

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Directly to her account is the easiest approach - same documents that I stated above are required.
My brother is an NRI and we are in India...so What all documents will be needed ,if he has to directly transfer the money to my wife's account.
Please clarify....
Thank You

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cann2017 said:
My brother is an NRI and we are in India...so What all documents will be needed ,if he has to directly transfer the money to my wife's account.
Please clarify....
Thank You
1 - A letter stating the amount being transferred, date it was transferred, and a clear statement that the money is a gift and that he does not expect to get this money back.
2 - Proof of transfer - e.g - his bank statement and your spouse's bank statement so there is a clear link as to where the money is coming from.

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
1 - A letter stating the amount being transferred, date it was transferred, and a clear statement that the money is a gift and that he does not expect to get this money back.
2 - Proof of transfer - e.g - his bank statement and your spouse's bank statement so there is a clear link as to where the money is coming from.
Thanks a lot

sweetie4

Mar 9, 2017
Hello guys!

I have recently got the letter of invite for Canada permanent immigration.

I have a question about the source of funds. I do not have the money right now. So my wife (non accompanying) will be taking a loan on her name from the bank and then give it to me by way of a gift deed.

Will CIC ask for her bank statements when they notice that the transfer comes from my wife?

Please advise urgently.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sweetie4 said:
Hello guys!

I have recently got the letter of invite for Canada permanent immigration.

I have a question about the source of funds. I do not have the money right now. So my wife (non accompanying) will be taking a loan on her name from the bank and then give it to me by way of a gift deed.

Will CIC ask for her bank statements when they notice that the transfer comes from my wife?

Please advise urgently.
A gift deed from your wife will be required. It is very likely CIC will expect to see her statements as well. If it is discovered she took out a loan for you it's likely this will be a rejection.

You cannot borrow the money as a loan for immigration.

sweetie4

Mar 9, 2017
Ok thank you.

Then if I ask my father to send me the money, what supporting documents will I need to show it as a gift deed? Will they ask for his bank statements too?.

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetie4 said:
Ok thank you.

Then if I ask my father to send me the money, what supporting documents will I need to show it as a gift deed? Will they ask for his bank statements too?.

Thanks in advance.
Declaration that the money is a gift and not a loan plus proof of transfer.

MS0204

Feb 11, 2016
Hi Guys,

My father has created FD's in my name and his name since a long time. Can I show them as a proof of funds and get a declaration from him stating that these funds are mine and not a loan.

Would I need something else also along with these ?

Thanks in advance

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
hi all,
I have a query regaring POF. I have received half of the required amount from my my husband (who is accompanying me), what all documents are needed ?
SHOULD I MAKE THE REQUIRED FUND AS FIXED DEPOSIT FOR ONE YEAR and show the proof?

Please reply

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
MS0204 said:
Hi Guys,

My father has created FD's in my name and his name since a long time. Can I show them as a proof of funds and get a declaration from him stating that these funds are mine and not a loan.

Would I need something else also along with these ?

Thanks in advance
joint account/FD with father won't work. Liquidate that make an FD in your name only.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Cann2017 said:
hi all,
I have a query regaring POF. I have received half of the required amount from my my husband (who is accompanying me), what all documents are needed ?
SHOULD I MAKE THE REQUIRED FUND AS FIXED DEPOSIT FOR ONE YEAR and show the proof?

Please reply
ask him to signature declaration stating that he is okay with you utilising the funds for immigration. No need to make an FD, that is your choice.
If you haven't transferred the amount from his account, then also it is fine as he is accompanying you.
If he has transferred the funds in your account you need to show his account statement where you can prove the source of funds credited to your account.