+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
First of all, I want to let the members know that this is a great place to get all the information about Immigration to Canada. I was eager to make this thread as and when I got PPR which confirmed that whatever I did my 'Source of funds' request was right. There is a lot of confusion around this part of the application. Most of the candidates are sure about remaining part of their application but we all get confused whenever money gets involved, since we all are not well-versed with the laws, etc. So for the benefit of new applicants or someone you got this kind of request, I would like to contribute by providing some clarity!

This is my timeline:

10/04 FSW ITA (CRS:473, India)
24/04 AOR
19/05 Med Passed
22/05 ECAS App Received
24/05 BG Not Started
19/06 ECAS In Process
04/08 Travel History Request
20/08 Source of Fund Request
08/09 BG In Progress
10/09 ECAS Decision Made
14/09 PPR

My case was as common to most of us ie, Not enough money in the account few days back to application submission and then a sudden transfer of funds in the bank account and that account is shown as 'Proof of funds'. As you can see I got a 'Source of funds' request on August 20, 2015. I submitted following documents for the same:

1) An e-stamped affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit) citing my Father as Deponent about that big transaction via Cheque XXX dated XXX drawn on Bank XXX. Letter had my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 10.
2) An e-stamped Gift deed (Article 33 Gift) showing my father as Donor, me as a Donee. Also stating that these funds were out of his past savings, mentioning his PAN number and that he doesn't expect the money in return. Letter had me and my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 100.
3) Net-worth certificates of me, my father and my mother as on August 22, 2015, for the reason that my family hasn't exhausted all their savings to support me and that they can survive easily. This Net-worth certificate should be issued by a reputed Chartered Accountant on his letter-head. This costed me Rs. 500. CAs might demand more, but don't pay them more, choose another CA.
4) My Bank statement till August 22, 2015 showing the funds being untouched and only a large number of credits happening with very few debits.
5) I detailed LOE with all the transactions and explanation.

That means a maximum cost of Rs. 1000. You don't need to pay hefty amount and take the help of any consultancy for solving 'Source of funds' puzzle. Just include everything specific beforehand at the time of Application submission, so that they don't ask for Additional documents later (as they did in my case).

In a nut-shell here are what I suggest you submit at the time of AOR, to answer the questions of a sudden large transaction:
1) Gift Deed (Article 33 Gift)
2) An Affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit)
3) Net-worth certificates of your whole family from CA
4) Bank Statements showing all the transactions involved (Yes, include your father's bank account statement as well)

Note: No Notarization is necessary, since, you would be scanning and uploading original documents. Don't spend money on the lawyers roaming around in district courts for this.

I hope this would have helped. All the best to all the members here for their Canadian dream. I hope the best for all of you.

poojasathe

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
UAE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 ITA
AOR Received.
15-09-2015
Med's Done....
Meds Cleared 11-09-2015
Passport Req..
17-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
13-APR-16
Thanks Anuj. That's quite a detailed explanation. Although I am not borrowing funds / or taking a gift from anyone, i do have transactions in the recent months where in my husband has transferred funds into my account , me being the principal applicant. I have explained this in the LOE. But I do not have any other documents to support this. The bank statement mentions his name that the money has been transferred from his account to mine, so thats all i can explain. Can't think of anything else...any pointers ??

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks.. that's a somewhat sigh of relief for me. I also had submitted Affidavits attached in LetterOfExplaination.

I have one question : Didn't you submit these affidavits along with your application ? I asked this Because you were asked again to submit the 'Source of fund' again on 20th August.

Thanks
Silvi

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
poojasathe said:
Thanks Anuj. That's quite a detailed explanation. Although I am not borrowing funds / or taking a gift from anyone, i do have transactions in the recent months where in my husband has transferred funds into my account , me being the principal applicant. I have explained this in the LOE. But I do not have any other documents to support this. The bank statement mentions his name that the money has been transferred from his account to mine, so thats all i can explain. Can't think of anything else...any pointers ??
It won't be any problem, since both of you are in the application. Even if the combined balance was more than POF, it would have still worked. All the best Pooja!

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Silvi6 said:
Thanks.. that's a somewhat sigh of relief for me. I also had submitted Affidavits attached in LetterOfExplaination.

I have one question : Didn't you submit these affidavits along with your application ? I asked this Because you were asked again to submit the 'Source of fund' again on 20th August.

Thanks
Silvi
Nope! I didnt submit anything with my application. Not even LOE, I just submitted Bank Statements. When I saw Asivad's case, I couldn't sleep. But God was kind to me. CIC gave me an opportunity to clear their questions.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
anujgupta84 said:
First of all, I want to let the members know that this is a great place to get all the information about Immigration to Canada. I was eager to make this thread as and when I got PPR which confirmed that whatever I did my 'Source of funds' request was right. There is a lot of confusion around this part of the application. Most of the candidates are sure about remaining part of their application but we all get confused whenever money gets involved, since we all are not well-versed with the laws, etc. So for the benefit of new applicants or someone you got this kind of request, I would like to contribute by providing some clarity!

This is my timeline:

10/04 FSW ITA (CRS:473, India)
24/04 AOR
19/05 Med Passed
22/05 ECAS App Received
24/05 BG Not Started
19/06 ECAS In Process
04/08 Travel History Request
20/08 Source of Fund Request
08/09 BG In Progress
10/09 ECAS Decision Made
14/09 PPR

My case was as common to most of us ie, Not enough money in the account few days back to application submission and then a sudden transfer of funds in the bank account and that account is shown as 'Proof of funds'. As you can see I got a 'Source of funds' request on August 20, 2015. I submitted following documents for the same:

1) An e-stamped affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit) citing my Father as Deponent about that big transaction via Cheque XXX dated XXX drawn on Bank XXX. Letter had my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 10.
2) An e-stamped Gift deed (Article 33 Gift) showing my father as Donor, me as a Donee. Also stating that these funds were out of his past savings, mentioning his PAN number and that he doesn't expect the money in return. Letter had me and my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 100.
3) Net-worth certificates of me, my father and my mother as on August 22, 2015, for the reason that my family hasn't exhausted all their savings to support me and that they can survive easily. This Net-worth certificate should be issued by a reputed Chartered Accountant on his letter-head. This costed me Rs. 500. CAs might demand more, but don't pay them more, choose another CA.
4) My Bank statement till August 22, 2015 showing the funds being untouched and only a large number of credits happening with very few debits.
5) I detailed LOE with all the transactions and explanation.

That means a maximum cost of Rs. 1000. You don't need to pay hefty amount and take the help of any consultancy for solving 'Source of funds' puzzle. Just include everything specific beforehand at the time of Application submission, so that they don't ask for Additional documents later (as they did in my case).

In a nut-shell here are what I suggest you submit at the time of AOR, to answer the questions of a sudden large transaction:
1) Gift Deed (Article 33 Gift)
2) An Affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit)
3) Net-worth certificates of your whole family from CA
4) Bank Statements showing all the transactions involved (Yes, include your father's bank account statement as well)

Note: No Notarization is necessary, since, you would be scanning and uploading original documents. Don't spend money on the lawyers roaming around in district courts for this.

I hope this would have helped. All the best to all the members here for their Canadian dream. I hope the best for all of you.
Congrats on getting ppr and +1 for such detailed explanation

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anujgupta84

I have recently received ITA and I am putting my supporting docs together
However I am not sure if it is compulsory that my bank statement shows 6 months of activity

The situation is as follows;

I have just re-activated the bank account which has some funds in it but no activity since 2010
My day to day account which was my first choice of account is in my country of Abode (Uk)
however due to the governments lock down on foreign exchange in my country of origin (Nigeria)
My settlements funds will be a gift from my family which I intend to support with an LOE
it has not been possible for my family to transfer the gift money into my overseas account
hence my decision to re-activate my account in Nigeria

anujgupta84, from your experiences, can you kindly advise me whether my bank statement will acceptable or
should I reject the ITA and wait for another 6 months?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Kitua85 said:
Hi anujgupta84

I have recently received ITA and I am putting my supporting docs together
However I am not sure if it is compulsory that my bank statement shows 6 months of activity

The situation is as follows;

I have just re-activated the bank account which has some funds in it but no activity since 2010
My day to day account which was my first choice of account is in my country of Abode (Uk)
however due to the governments lock down on foreign exchange in my country of origin (Nigeria)
My settlements funds will be a gift from my family which I intend to support with an LOE
it has not been possible for my family to transfer the gift money into my overseas account
hence my decision to re-activate my account in Nigeria

anujgupta84, from your experiences, can you kindly advise me whether my bank statement will acceptable or
should I reject the ITA and wait for another 6 months?
Let's think logically here.

1) You will show 6 months statement: Yes.
2) Gift deed: Yes
3) Account was dormant: it was dormant because of no transactions not because of some bad debt, isn't it?

According to me you are all good, you just need to mention whatever you wrote here in the LOE. As a VO, I will be happy with your application. Also, I suggest you not to decline the ITA. You aren't misleading CIC or hiding anything from them.

When is the last date of Application submission?

Mrs Aj

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poojasathe said:
Hey, your case is similar to mine, my hubby transferred the funds from his account to mine, as I am the PA. So what I did was get him to sign a self declaration letter, and I also included the page from his bank statement which showed the transaction details for the transfer.

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujgupta84 said:
Let's think logically here.

1) You will show 6 months statement: Yes.
2) Gift deed: Yes
3) Account was dormant: it was dormant because of no transactions not because of some bad debt, isn't it? Because of no transactions

According to me you are all good, you just need to mention whatever you wrote here in the LOE. As a VO, I will be happy with your application. Also, I suggest you not to decline the ITA. You aren't misleading CIC or hiding anything from them.

When is the last date of Application submission? 8 Nov 2015
Thank you very much

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Kitua85 said:
Thank you very much
Why not include a daily transaction (atleast) in your bank account .... random debit-credit (few hundred bucks). This way you would have close to 50 transactions for the period from now till your submission date. Use your 3-4 cheques, do few online shopping ... This way you will have some transactions in the statement to show and it would prove to the VO that the account is perfectly normal after the dormancy was revoked...
Making sense? All the best..

Kitua85

Star Member
Aug 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujgupta84 said:
Why not include a daily transaction (atleast) in your bank account .... random debit-credit (few hundred bucks). This way you would have close to 50 transactions for the period from now till your submission date. Use your 3-4 cheques, do few online shopping ... This way you will have some transactions in the statement to show and it would prove to the VO that the account is perfectly normal after the dormancy was revoked...
Making sense? All the best..
Yes it does. Will do as advised
Can you kindly show me an example of the format you used for the gift letter?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Kitua85 said:
Yes it does. Will do as advised
Can you kindly show me an example of the format you used for the gift letter?
GIFT DEED
I, _________________ (name of donor), S/o _________________ (father’s name), R/o _____________________ (address), do hereby on dated __________ make a gift-deed for a gift made on dated of ___________, Rs. ______/- (Rupees in word) out of love and affection to my ____________ (mention the relationship & name of receiver), S/o or W/o _______________, R/o _________________________. I confirm that I am a resident Indian. I, further confirm that this gift is being made out of my own funds standing to the credit of my A/c No.- __________ in
____________(mention the Bank name & address).
I, further confirm that the consideration for this gift is the love and affection for my ____________________ (mention the relationship & name of receiver) and no other consideration.
I am an Income Tax assessee having PAN/GIR # A-984 / N and assessed with Income Tax ward 1, Noida and this gift is made out of my past savings from profession in India. Strictly Confidential 2 P A R Y & Co.
I further confirm that the gift has been made by Cheque No ___________ dated _______ drawn on ___________________________ (mention the Bank name & address). This gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he/she is free to utilise it in any manner.

PLACE:
DATED: _______________________
(Donor name)

Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anujgupta84. Thank you for such a detailed explain action. You have brought relief to so many applicants as this issue was nagging so many. My funds are a gift from my mother too. However these funds are in my joint account with my husband holding the first name and I am the PA for our application. I would like your advise for these confusions

1. Would a joint account be a problem as husband holds first name?
2. If I open an account with just my name and transfer the funds than it won't be 6 months old. Would that create a problem? (Assuming if I get an ITA soon. I am at 453)
3. Did you maintain the funds for sometime?
4. Did you hire anyone to help you?

Anujgupta84 and seniors please advise.

Thanks