+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

dull1234

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
So if my partner does an e-transfer to me (basically through email with security questions), what kind of proof for this transfer is needed ? Will a screenshot of the confirmation page suffice ? Or does it have to be something more official ?

Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
dull1234 said:
So if my partner does an e-transfer to me (basically through email with security questions), what kind of proof for this transfer is needed ? Will a screenshot of the confirmation page suffice ? Or does it have to be something more official ?

Thanks
I dont even think you need that.

If the account is in your name and it's an e-transfer, your statement should just show it's come from him. Then maybe just his most recent bank statement?

dull1234

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
kryt0n said:
I dont even think you need that.

If the account is in your name and it's an e-transfer, your statement should just show it's come from him. Then maybe just his most recent bank statement?
If that's the case it actually makes things a lot easier. Thanks!

amk16

Dec 13, 2015
Hi Everyone

I need some urgent advice. I submitted by PR application a few days ago.

For proof of funds I submitted the letter from the bank which shows the required balance for the past six months, however today I realized that the bank did not include the date the account was opened. Right now I am in panic mode……….. I am hoping that my application does not get rejected because of this.

Is it possible to raise a CSE and submit an updated bank later? Or should I wait and see how it plays out?

Thanks

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
amk16 said:
Hi Everyone

I need some urgent advice. I submitted by PR application a few days ago.

For proof of funds I submitted the letter from the bank which shows the required balance for the past six months, however today I realized that the bank did not include the date the account was opened. Right now I am in panic mode…........ I am hoping that my application does not get rejected because of this.

Is it possible to raise a CSE and submit an updated bank later? Or should I wait and see how it plays out?

Thanks
If you didn't include a statement (which might have your account opening date), collect a new corrected bank letter and raise a CSE ASAP.

And of course, don't panic!

Regards

dralfa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
hello, to show proof of debit from donor's bank and proof of credit from receiver's account, what should be shown?? is it to be stamped by respective banks or just online report will be ok??

please help me in this regard.

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hello all! Finally got an ITA today!!

My father gave me a large sum of money at the beginning of December as a gift/part of inheritance from my grandfather. Being that it was in December, do you think they will ask for a source of funds? We will probably have our application submitted around the end of February.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Catie1989 said:
Hello all! Finally got an ITA today!!

My father gave me a large sum of money at the beginning of December as a gift/part of inheritance from my grandfather. Being that it was in December, do you think they will ask for a source of funds? We will probably have our application submitted around the end of February.
Yes, if you are using those funds to meet the minimum required funds you have to show where they are coming from.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dralfa said:
hello, to show proof of debit from donor's bank and proof of credit from receiver's account, what should be shown?? is it to be stamped by respective banks or just online report will be ok??

please help me in this regard.
Bank statements matching the information given in the gift deed letter.

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
Yes, if you are using those funds to meet the minimum required funds you have to show where they are coming from.
Thank you for answering!

So will these be suitable:
1) gift deed (article 33 gift)
2) affidavit
3)bank statements including my fathers

As he received it not long before gifting it to me and my brother, will I need to prove where he got it from?

Also I suppose it's out of the question to use my mother as a lawyer for the affidavit right?! Mother and father are divorced.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Catie1989 said:
Thank you for answering!

So will these be suitable:
1) gift deed (article 33 gift)
2) article 4 affidavit
3)bank statements including my fathers

As he received it not long before gifting it to me and my brother, will I need to prove where he got it from?
No need for an affidavit or to notarize anything. A declaration from your father stating that those funds are a gift and not a loan is sufficient.

Can't help you with your last question as I'm unsure whether IRCC would ask for such information (proof where your father got the money from).

Catie1989

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
No need for an affidavit or to notarize anything. A declaration from your father stating that those funds are a gift and not a loan is sufficient.

Can't help you with your last question as I'm unsure whether IRCC would ask for such information (proof where your father got the money from).
Sweet! I'll get him to write a letter straight away and all it needs is his signature, correct?

A +1 for you :)

remstaneja

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
brampton
Category........
CEC
Hi I got invitation on 4th January 2017 under CEC as of know i have a regular job from last full one year in Canada and getting paid bi weekly but i don't have funds in my account as of last two months. I am thinking of getting all the funds from my dad. can i attach gift deed along with it as he is going to transfer money overseas to my account from his account in India.

But i also read somewhere that if you got an invitation under CEC and you have a regular job you don't need to show funds ?

Can someone please help ??