+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th draw over. 481 points and 1620 invites..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
erable_rouge said:
If your are in the pool, does it mean that the points may be incorrect or we don't need to worry about the points at that stage?
You must meet the requirements on the date you get the ITA, for example, if your age has lost points since you applied then your total would decrease. If you no longer meet the minimum 67 points for FSW you would lose the ITA.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Pippin said:
You must meet the requirements on the date you get the ITA, for example, if your age has lost points since you applied then your total would decrease. If you no longer meet the minimum 67 points for FSW you would lose the ITA.
Thank you Pippin!

What does the forum feel, how much will the points drop in the next draw?

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
erable_rouge said:
If your are in the pool, does it mean that the points may be incorrect or we don't need to worry about the points at that stage?
I have a doubt.. You need to have minimum 67 to qualify on the first hand.. It is a prerequisite and mandatory.. then comes the CRS points.. I believe without having the 67 points, even with higher CRS points, application will be rejected..

Govender

Nov 26, 2014
Durban, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP online 22-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No. Sponsor interview 10/03/2016 ; assessment in process 11/03/2016
Nomination.....
God-willing within 10 days of interview
IELTS Request
Sent with online application
Hi there

Please correct me if I am mistaken.....

I thought that the message from the Minister meant that we could just apply, but now I read that you need an email confirming that you can???

Shouldn't this communication have been sent out automatically by their systems then, on the day he made the announcement??

Or am i expecting too much from them

Cheers

Althea

Althea

Govender

Nov 26, 2014
Durban, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP online 22-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No. Sponsor interview 10/03/2016 ; assessment in process 11/03/2016
Nomination.....
God-willing within 10 days of interview
IELTS Request
Sent with online application
Maplemadness82 said:
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #5 – March 20, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (March 20, 2015).

Ottawa, March 20, 2015

Chris Alexander
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (March 20, 2015)
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on March 20, 2015 and ending on March 21, 2015 is 1620.
Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on March 20, 2015 at 23:59:53 UTC, have been assigned a total of 481 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

How can receive these updates?

Thanks

Althea

DesireCA

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2253, CRS-432
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Congratulation to all of those who got ITA.

I am not very hopeful while seatting at 333/343 score. Considering 1500 ITAs per further draw and assuming spreadsheet representing 2% of total candidates. It will take 24x more draws to drop the score at that point if fresh supply remains zero.

imanol

Mar 24, 2015
DesireCA said:
Congratulation to all of those who got ITA.

I am not very hopeful while seatting at 333/343 score. Considering 1500 ITAs per further draw and assuming spreadsheet representing 2% of total candidates. It will take 24x more draws to drop the score at that point if fresh supply remains zero.
Ok... My work permit expires on Tuesday (31st). I currently have 468 points and qualify in the CEC category with over 4+ year of professional experience (although only 2 accounted for in the system) in NOC 0601 but mostly 1123. What's your take guys, any chance to receive an ITA any time soon? Thanks...

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imanol said:
Ok... My work permit expires on Tuesday (31st). I currently have 468 points and qualify in the CEC category with over 4+ year of professional experience (although only 2 accounted for in the system) in NOC 0601 but mostly 1123. What's your take guys, any chance to receive an ITA any time soon? Thanks...
Hi imanol, sorry to hear your WP expires soon, why didn't you apply for PR earlier? You've been eligible for a while it seems. I am also NOC 1123. There might be a drawing this weekend, and it might even be CEC specific so you could get picked with your current score, but you status expires next Tuesday. If you don't have a visitor visa and your status expires, you should leave Canada and wait for ITA, in your case you could consider it an extended vacation cause it wouldn't take long for you to get ITA with 468 anyway.

kashish948

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Hi

Im getting 444 points according to www . cic . gc . ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp (Sorry not allowed to post links)
I have a few questions, please answer them :)

1) Is this the accurate result for my points? (Calculated from www . cic . gc . ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp)
2) When is the next draw for the pool? Are these dates listed somewhere?
3) Should 444 points be enough? Im guessing (not hoping) that it will be enough after this 5th draw.
4) Has the immigration department declared a max number of candidates they want to take in this year? Like a cap?
5) If the lowest candidate offered ITA had a score of 481, does this mean everybody above him also got it?
6) Is the cut off for all categories or separate for CEC, FSW, etc? (Because everybody who applied under FSW seem to be getting an ITA and not CEC)

Thanks in advance :)

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Guessing if ITA would be issued to those below 400.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #5 – March 20, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (March 20, 2015).

Ottawa, March 20, 2015

Chris Alexander
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence Under the Express Entry System (March 20, 2015)
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on March 20, 2015 and ending on March 21, 2015 is 1620.
Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on March 20, 2015 at 23:59:53 UTC, have been assigned a total of 481 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Dear, I was awake almost the whole night for this draw, and then I slept, when I woke up I saw the draw has taken place, can you please update at what exact time (UTC/GMT) did you saw the CIC website updated, since I crossed the time when the draw toom place and the website was not updated !

harepkrishna

Mar 23, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I asked one question last time but din get any reply. Could any one please brief me in this regard.
I am from Non IT Background. but my experience in IT field is approx 6.5 years now. So is there any issue that i can face while getting an ITA from CIC?

TIA :)

Pawan

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
harepkrishna said:
Hello Everyone,

I asked one question last time but din get any reply. Could any one please brief me in this regard.
I am from Non IT Background. but my experience in IT field is approx 6.5 years now. So is there any issue that i can face while getting an ITA from CIC?

TIA :)

Pawan
Nope

hcdane

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Nomination.....
CC 01-26-2015
AOR Received.
PER 02-20-2015
erable_rouge said:
Guessing if ITA would be issued to those below 400.
Have faith, they will have that draw on the next 2 or 3 draws after this 481 points draw.