+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th draw over. 481 points and 1620 invites..

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 16 - RCMP and 18 May 16 - Sch A
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
included in the application - CELPIP
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
HI all,

I am in a dilemma, I applied for FSW 2014 in dec (NOC 2172) and no updates yet. I calculated my points in express entry and comes to 459, What should I do? Can you please suggest some ways. I'm waiting for replies.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
crazydesifool said:
HI all,

I am in a dilemma, I applied for FSW 2014 in dec (NOC 2172) and no updates yet. I calculated my points in express entry and comes to 459, What should I do? Can you please suggest some ways. I'm waiting for replies.

Even if you apply for express entry ryt now...wud you have the documents??...if you can apply for duplicate copies then wud b good..coz wid ur score you can get ITA in 2 3 draws... n with EE u wud get visa faster than u wud hv got wid the old FSW :p

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
preeti.msingh109 said:
Even if you apply for express entry ryt now...wud you have the documents??...if you can apply for duplicate copies then wud b good..coz wid ur score you can get ITA in 2 3 draws... n with EE u wud get visa faster than u wud hv got wid the old FSW :p
I heard, we can fill the online form and when the ITA comes, then we need to submit the original docs. By that time.. I will get an update to FSW. am I right ?

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
crazydesifool said:
I heard, we can fill the online form and when the ITA comes, then we need to submit the original docs. By that time.. I will get an update to FSW. am I right ?
true..bt m sure u ll get ITA in 2 3 draws max...n if u dnt get a reply then again u will have to decline the ITA

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
preeti.msingh109 said:
true..bt m sure u ll get ITA in 2 3 draws max...n if u dnt get a reply then again u will have to decline the ITA
What do you think is best, My file reached the office on 29th dec. I saw here that my NOC was filled by then and people got their app back. No updates on mine yet.. I am being hopeful but I don't want to waste time.

imanol

Mar 24, 2015
imanol said:
I got 53 points (=2 years) when I should have had 72 points (=4 years). I've been working in Toronto since 2009 with experience in two NOC categories (A and 0) totaling 4 years + though I had some interruption time. Didn't take the IELTS but the TEF (French test) and scored the highest possible...
Hamidur, any clue by any chance? Many thanks!

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
crazydesifool said:
What do you think is best, My file reached the office on 29th dec. I saw here that my NOC was filled by then and people got their app back. No updates on mine yet.. I am being hopeful but I don't want to waste time.
If others have received their app bavk n u hv no update then u better write to CIC and wait for yheir response. I think EE would work out fkr u..the only concern wud b documnts like ECA and IELTS... waiting for a response without acting from your side will just waste your time

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
imanol said:
I got 53 points (=2 years) when I should have had 72 points (=4 years). I've been working in Toronto since 2009 with experience in two NOC categories (A and 0) totaling 4 years + though I had some interruption time. Didn't take the IELTS but the TEF (French test) and scored the highest possible...
imanol said:
Hamidur, any clue by any chance? Many thanks!
Sorry Bro.. Not sure about what happened in your case.. If it is 4+ then you should get 72 points.. is there any possibility that due to the interruption time they are not considering your Job as continuous and then devalued it to 2 years? I can suggest something (only to check), edit your profile and make your work experiences as continuous and resubmit.. then check whether your points increases or not.. Then you can again reedit and provide original information.. Just my thought though..

fliptraveler

Mar 24, 2015
imanol said:
I think your 4 years should be in 1 NOC code only to be considered as 4 years of work experience.

crazydesifool

Nov 14, 2014
Regina, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172/6211
App. Filed.......
26 Nov 15
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22 Dec 15
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
included in application
Med's Done....
8 Jan 16
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
7 Jun 16
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jun 16
LANDED..........
02 Jul 16
preeti.msingh109 said:
If others have received their app bavk n u hv no update then u better write to CIC and wait for yheir response. I think EE would work out fkr u..the only concern wud b documnts like ECA and IELTS... waiting for a response without acting from your side will just waste your time
Thank you.

imanol

Mar 24, 2015
hamidur said:
Sorry Bro.. Not sure about what happened in your case.. If it is 4+ then you should get 72 points.. is there any possibility that due to the interruption time they are not considering your Job as continuous and then devalued it to 2 years? I can suggest something (only to check), edit your profile and make your work experiences as continuous and resubmit.. then check whether your points increases or not.. Then you can again reedit and provide original information.. Just my thought though..
Yea, that's one of the possibilities I suspected. I'll follow the advice and edit my profile to check. We'll see. Thanks man!

imanol

Mar 24, 2015
fliptraveler said:
I think your 4 years should be in 1 NOC code only to be considered as 4 years of work experience.
That's the reason that I had suspected. Will edit my profile here again and see what comes out of it. Thanks!

2niharika

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@hamidur

67 points is good enough, but please keep in mind that 67 is a cutoff point and sometimes CIC's calculation is different from what we calculate.. If possible try to improve from that..

Can you please Explain Why?? CIC Calculation.... can you give some inputs... how CIC calculate??

hamidur

Sep 2, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
0131 (EE Point 438)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
2niharika said:
@ hamidur

67 points is good enough, but please keep in mind that 67 is a cutoff point and sometimes CIC's calculation is different from what we calculate.. If possible try to improve from that..

Can you please Explain Why?? CIC Calculation.... can you give some inputs... how CIC calculate??
Sorry, if i couldn't explain it properly.. What i believe, CIC always calculate according to the rule, but sometimes we, applicants are confused about the rules and miscalculate our points.. One can personally go wrong regarding calculation of Education, Experience, Age.. Like, i know one of my friend who was on 67 and miscalculate her age. When her application reached at CIC, she became One year older and lost a vital point.. That's why there is sometimes some sorts of risk when any applicants is on cutoff point.. but if he is sure and calculate his points carefully, i think there is nothing to worry.. Hope it clarifies my statement.. Thanks..

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
hamidur said:
Sorry, if i couldn't explain it properly.. What i believe, CIC always calculate according to the rule, but sometimes we, applicants are confused about the rules and miscalculate our points.. One can personally go wrong regarding calculation of Education, Experience, Age.. Like, i know one of my friend who was on 67 and miscalculate her age. When her application reached at CIC, she became One year older and lost a vital point.. That's why there is sometimes some sorts of risk when any applicants is on cutoff point.. but if he is sure and calculate his points carefully, i think there is nothing to worry.. Hope it clarifies my statement.. Thanks..
If your are in the pool, does it mean that the points may be incorrect or we don't need to worry about the points at that stage?