+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hello Is there any updates about AOR for April applications? How long does it take to get PR as protected person? I already passed Medical and bachgrund before I recive AOR what is the next step?
Are you sure your background check already done? How you check your case status?

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
They told me they are opening applications submmited March 16th few weeks ago. And maybe because I got my refugee travel document and my backgrund was checked for that?
same here, I receved my rtd 14 july and my medical and criminality also already passed. did you received your temporary application number by email?

Yakhforosh Jahanam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Oh nice I recived it July 13th. No just the agent read the number for me. How long do you think it takes? I have urgent lettet from my work to speep up the process and do you have any idea how the depended of protected person pr works?

Evma

Jul 21, 2023
I applied March 9, 2023 and still waiting for AOR
I just called IRCC, they still haven’t opened my application, so no permanent number or AOR yet. But the representative did confirm that they have opened some applications submitted after mine. Not fair at all.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
I just called IRCC, they still haven’t opened my application, so no permanent number or AOR yet. But the representative did confirm that they have opened some applications submitted after mine. Not fair at all.
I know they don’t go in chronological order which is not fair. Do you know how long it takes after AOR? I’m waiting for PR to go to university I’ve already taken 2 gap years it’s frustrating. I really hope I can make it before next august.

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
Is it normal that I haven’t received mine yet? Should I expect it soon?
With IRCC everything is normal to them. It doesn't make sense they haven't started your application that has been more than 6 months! I suggest you call them and let them know. Sometimes this makes the call agent send a reminder to the assigned agent on your case.

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hi folk , few min ago I linked my application to GCkey account. I did not received aor e mail.

March 10, 2023 online submitted
July 10, 2023 temporary application number (XG000xxxx) letter received by email.
August 30, 2023 linked to gckey.

Yakhforosh Jahanam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Hi folk , few min ago I linked my application to GCkey account. I did not received aor e mail.

March 10, 2023 online submitted
July 10, 2023 temporary application number (XG000xxxx) letter received by email.
August 30, 2023 linked to gckey.
How can we link that to the account?