+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Ayothomas

Dec 11, 2019
Is there anyone who got approval since January 6 still waiting for their eCOPR? I don’t know why I’m so unlucky with these people, maybe they just don’t like me/face. I have to struggle to get approval and now I’m struggling to get eCOPR, IRCC please kindly show mercy, all of this is stressing me out.

Reactions: maxiie and CherAmie

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Is there anyone who got approval since January 6 still waiting for their eCOPR? I don’t know why I’m so unlucky with these people, maybe they just don’t like me/face. I have to struggle to get approval and now I’m struggling to get eCOPR, IRCC please kindly show mercy, all of this is stressing me out.
Hi, Just a suggestion not sure if it is going to work. I heard it on social media. It worked for some people. Try to sending message on the email you got credentials from or the approval. Tell them you are waiting for confirmation.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxiie and CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello, I received a PR portal request today. I need to reply them, but I'm wondering if there is the deadline to respond?
  • If you are referring to the start of portal process email ("Subject: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal (Calgary - CGY4604) – App # E002......."), the attached PDF letter attached says, "Please respond quickly with the requested information, this will result in faster processing." There is no reason to delay response even if you are out of the country. It's the email that asks you to respond to these questions:
Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):

• If you are referring to the actual Portal email ("Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal"), it arrives after you've responded to the questions above if you are in country, or arrives after you have returned to Canada and confirmed that you are back, which has the temporary password for you to enter the PR portal and create a new password, confirm address for PR card and submit photo, mine had a 30 day deadline to use the temporary password to sign in BUT IT HAD A 7 DAY DEADLINE TO CONFIRM YOU ARE IN CANADA & SUBMIT PHOTO. It's a bit confusing so I responded in 2 days. It says:
Step 1: Sign in to your account
To sign in, use the following information:
  • Username: (--------)
  • Temporary password: (--------)
    • Notice: This is a temporary password that will expire in 30 days. After you sign in, you will need to change the password. You will then need to log into the portal again using your new password.
  • Copy and paste this link into your browser to sign in to the PR Portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Step 2: You have seven (7) days from the date of this email to confirm you're in Canada, provide your mailing address in Canada and submit your PR card photo
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

orangechoco

Feb 11, 2023
  • If you are referring to the start of portal process email ("Subject: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal (Calgary - CGY4604) – App # E002.......", the email that arrives after the first PR email), the PDF letter attached says, "Please respond quickly with the requested information, this will result in faster processing." There is no reason to delay response even if you are out of the country. It's the email that asks you to respond to these questions:
Name:
UCI:
Application #:
Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
Location of where you last entered:
Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country):

• If you are referring to the actual Portal email (it arrives after you've responded to the questions above if you are in country, or arrives after you have returned to Canada and confirmed that you are back) which has the temporary password for you to enter the PR portal and create a new password, confirm address for PR card and submit photo, mine had a 30 day deadline but I responded within 2 days.
Hope that helps!

Hi Cheramie, mine is the first one. I have plans to travel outside Canada in a few weeks, and coming back after a month. I'm in Canada right now, but if I start portal process, I will be likely outside Canada the time I receive my PR.. The email only says "respond quickly", and no time limit, so I assumed it's ok to leave this email until I come back from traveling?

Dest2

Dec 2, 2020
Hi all,

I applied on June 3rd, 2021 and received my biometric request on Nov 10th, 2022. I completed it the same day and it now shows passed in my account. I am so frustrated with waiting for approval. Can anyone confirm how long you have to wait after biometrics are passed? I ordered GCMS notes today as well.
I am also on implied status as my work permit expired in December. I submitted an application to have it extended in October and I understand it is taking 5 months to be processed

I am ready to start applying to jobs and this is affecting my mental health at this point.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi Cheramie, mine is the first one. I have plans to travel outside Canada in a few weeks, and coming back after a month. I'm in Canada right now, but if I start portal process, I will be likely outside Canada the time I receive my PR.. The email only says "respond quickly", and no time limit, so I assumed it's ok to leave this email until I come back from traveling?
If you respond right now, you will likely get the next Portal email within a few days and can confirm your address & upload the digital photo and be in the queue for ECOPR and PR card which seems to be taking some time right now (~6 weeks, though some are getting it in more or less time). If your travel documents are up to date you could vacation during the part of the process that has the longest wait time. Perhaps others on this forum have this exact experience??? Any other comments?

However, personally, I would respond to it right now with the explanation that you just provided plus a little more detail, for example, that you are in Canada right now but have a vacation booked to XYZ country from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy, and ask them for their advice on how best to proceed. If you do this, please let us know what they say. Best wishes!

Reactions: PR Dreamer

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi all,

I applied on June 3rd, 2021 and received my biometric request on Nov 10th, 2022. I completed it the same day and it now shows passed in my account. I am so frustrated with waiting for approval. Can anyone confirm how long you have to wait after biometrics are passed? I ordered GCMS notes today as well.
I am also on implied status as my work permit expired in December. I submitted an application to have it extended in October and I understand it is taking 5 months to be processed

I am ready to start applying to jobs and this is affecting my mental health at this point.
I believe there is good cause for you to be optimistic:
  • IRCC has set completing the 2021 TR2PR Pathway as a top priority for this year.
  • With an application date of June 3, 2021, you are in the 'sweet spot' for applications that are being processed right now (along with the last of the very large group of IG Stream applicants from May6/7).
  • Don't let the lack of transparency get you down (though I know it's hard), things are moving behind the scenes based on the compilation of information people have posted on this forum. The processing of various TR2PR steps have been very irregular lately (perhaps because they have been trying to batch/automate certain steps for more speed), for example, one person was recently asked for 2 ADR's (which should have slowed down their processing for document reviews and been done long before their Background Check was even started or completed) but they still got PR a week later. So, only being asked for Biometrics now can mean something or nothing. My OWP under TR to PR was approved on a Friday, Jan 20. The call centre agent told me on Monday, Jan 23, that my Criminality had not yet been passed, but the next morning I received a ghost update and my PR email. Even today (over 2.5 weeks later) my account says that Eligibility, Background & Final Decision are still in process.
  • You can work under 'maintained' status (formerly called 'implied' status). Not all employers will accept this (2 of mine did) but if you have a copy of your expired work permit, confirmation of submission of your new work permit application, and a print-out of the definition of 'maintained status' straight from IRCC's website, you can show them if they ask. This may not work if your last/expired/maintained work permit restricted you to a certain employer but it should work if it was an Open work permit.
Keep as posted on your progress & best wishes!

Reactions: Dest2

Telimac

Jun 19, 2022
Does any one else have a problem with the pr portal picture past saying file not uploaded? I uploaded my picture to the portal the same day I received my confirmation and portal emails and since then, this has happened at least 5 times. I even had to take a new picture to upload. It goes back and forth between "in review" and "please upload"

Telimac

Jun 19, 2022
Just logged out and logged back in to the portal and now it says "in review with IRCC". Maybe its a glitch in the system and I should just ignore it

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Just logged out and logged back in to the portal and now it says "in review with IRCC". Maybe its a glitch in the system and I should just ignore it
This happened with me too. I believe it takes time to load the photo. If you dont see photo try refreshing the page. It always work for me.

Reactions: Telimac

Silhouette

Nov 17, 2022
Does any one else have a problem with the pr portal picture past saying file not uploaded? I uploaded my picture to the portal the same day I received my confirmation and portal emails and since then, this has happened at least 5 times. I even had to take a new picture to upload. It goes back and forth between "in review" and "please upload"
It happened to me too. I thought it couldn't possibly be true since I received an email saying I had submitted all the required items for confirmation. I refreshed it a few times and the photo finally showed.

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
I need one suggestion. I need to go back home mid march. Im waiting for my pr card. Is it going to processed by then based on current scenario? Or should I travel and apply for travel document.

Reactions: Skaur37

Telimac

Jun 19, 2022
I need one suggestion. I need to go back home mid march. Im waiting for my pr card. Is it going to processed by then based on current scenario? Or should I travel and apply for travel document.
I think its very likely that you will receive it before then. Maybe wait till the end of the month before applying