+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

jeicie

Nov 10, 2021
I am just tired, pending tr to pr which I saw GU last week Thursday and hoping Friday, having work permit extension pending, spouse open work permit pending. 3 applications making life pause
yup, just pray that it'll be over soon. mine is approved last Jan 6, just waiting for ecopr which also taking forever in my case. Others got theirs in 1 day.
but there's nothing we can do but wait.

Reactions: CherAmie

Dest2

Dec 2, 2020
I believe there is good cause for you to be optimistic:
  • IRCC has set completing the 2021 TR2PR Pathway as a top priority for this year.
  • With an application date of June 3, 2021, you are in the 'sweet spot' for applications that are being processed right now (along with the last of the very large group of IG Stream applicants from May6/7).
  • Don't let the lack of transparency get you down (though I know it's hard), things are moving behind the scenes based on the compilation of information people have posted on this forum. The processing of various TR2PR steps have been very irregular lately (perhaps because they have been trying to batch/automate certain steps for more speed), for example, one person was recently asked for 2 ADR's (which should have slowed down their processing for document reviews and been done long before their Background Check was even started or completed) but they still got PR a week later. So, only being asked for Biometrics now can mean something or nothing. My OWP under TR to PR was approved on a Friday, Jan 20. The call centre agent told me on Monday, Jan 23, that my Criminality had not yet been passed, but the next morning I received a ghost update and my PR email. Even today (over 2.5 weeks later) my account says that Eligibility, Background & Final Decision are still in process.
  • You can work under 'maintained' status (formerly called 'implied' status). Not all employers will accept this (2 of mine did) but if you have a copy of your expired work permit, confirmation of submission of your new work permit application, and a print-out of the definition of 'maintained status' straight from IRCC's website, you can show them if they ask. This may not work if your last/expired/maintained work permit restricted you to a certain employer but it should work if it was an Open work permit.
Keep as posted on your progress & best wishes!
Thank you so very much!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Your background check has been started?
@zhangji80 says that "criminality on going, security not start yet" which means that Background Check has started because it consists of many steps including Info Sharing, Security & Criminality. This is the case for many people and you could get PR before Background Check ever shows in your account as being completed or passed. Best wishes.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
i apologize i do not have answer for above instead i just wanted to ask you how were you able to get hold of them? i call them and they have fixed automated message saying "there are too many caller on this line" and they just hang up.
Although there a few paths you can take in the voice mail queueing, I usually follow this:
  • 1-888-242-2100 -- then after introductory messages, enter 1, then your UCI followed by # -- then 1 to confirm your UCI, then select 1, 2, 0.
  • They open at 8 am in each time zone.
  • It often takes 15 minutes to an hour to get into the queue so be prepared to dial many times, and then possible wait on hold for another 30 minutes to an hour or more.
  • Some times you are given an option for them to call you back rather than sitting on hold. This has also worked for me in the past.
Best wishes! :cool:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Guys I need a suggestion. My file TR to PR file is currently in process but i wishes to go on a vacation.

# one IRCC customer service agent said that uh need to notify IRCC via webform and another CSR said that no need to notify them.

# My trip will be of approx. 1 month. One IRCC CSR said uh need to do PCC again and another said Its fine.

SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE
If you are only going on vacation, you are fine to go as long as your current travel documents are up to date & documents permit you to re-enter Canada. Many temporary resident visas cannot be used for re-entry so make sure you double-check that you have what you need.

You do not need to notify IRCC if you are just going on a vacation. You do need to notify them by webform if you are 'leaving Canada/moving home' to take up residence in another country while you wait for PR. There are temporary policies in place to make sure that you cannot be refused PR in this pathway simply for being out of country -- IRCC recognizes that the processing has taken much longer than planned & that everyone does not have the resources or support network in Canada to wait indefinitely.

You do not need to provide a PCC from the country you are visiting unless you are there for more than 6 months. (If you have lived there in the past for over 6 months after you turned 18, and you did not already provide a PCC from that country, you may wish to get one while you're visiting that country because you will be asked to submit one at some point.)

If you receive the first PR email while you’re out of the country (on vacation), respond to the questions accurately (there are a few questions one of which asks if you're in Canada), stating that you are in XYZ country on vacation & plan to return to Canada on ABC date. Then, when you return, confirm with them that you have returned, and the PR process should then continue. You are not jeopardizing your PR by vacationing.

Last edited:
Reactions: PR Dreamer