+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
I got a trick. After 47 seconds, press 2 when lady start again press 3, then 1 and after that 0. After 2 or 3 tries, you will surely be on tranferring your call to ircc. I always try between 9 to 9.30 am PACIFIC TIME
This is the IRCC abuse line. There’s another easier way to reach them regardless of time that I mentioned above this response.

Reactions: CherAmie

zhangji80

Star Member
May 26, 2022
You are not alone.
I received the same email in august 2022 which said IRCC will send me a new work permit but it didn't come until December, my original work permit expired at 31 December 2022. So I have to apply the owp extension by myself again to try to maintain the status.

It is not your fault. It is IRCC's fault.

Try to contact them to get a new work permit.

Or sue them.

Hello all,

I just realized that I lost my legal status of remaining in Canada while waiting for my TR to PR application to come through. My work permit expires last October. While I have been waiting for it to be automatically extended, as the email I received last August from CIC indicated that I could work until May 2023 (I raised a post about it on this forum last October). However, CIC never mailed the automatic extension of the WP through the snail mail. Sadly I realized that I’ve passed the 90 day restoration date now that my PGWP expired last October.

In this case, it looks I do not have any option but to go back to my home country. Wonder if anyone is in the same boat? I also recently get unemployed, hence I can’t even continue working now that I do not have a valid work permit, even by that email from CIC that I could work until May 2023.

Any advice anyone? I wonder if I go back to my home country, would it affect my TR to PR application? I’m the international student category applied on May 6th 2021. The last and only ADR I received from CIC is May 2022 asking for the biometric fee, which I did as per their request. Thank you!!!!

Reactions: Summer2022

Sabi_Girl

Nov 24, 2022
Hello guys, thanks for the amazing work you guys are doing to keep people like me sane (seriously, before I found this forum, I was seriously depressed). I applied May 7, 2021, linked my application in April 11, and since then, no single update. Not even ROA! With the help of this group, I have conditioned my mind to be patient and focus on other things.

I am starting to get anxious again now because my work permit is expiring in 3 months. Apart from the fact that my passport is in the process of renewal, my lack of AOR is affecting my chances of renewing with the “trtopr” policy. I have called IRCC to request for ROA and the agent promised to send a note last week but my anxiety is increasing every day.

I tried to fill out the forms so there are no delays when I get my passport but I couldn’t find some of the questions on the form for Outland dependent (Spouse is Outland), and the total amount was ZERO. Don’t know if I am clicking the right boxes but I am sure following the instructions on the page.

please I will appreciate your advice at this point because this whole process is taking a toll on me.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello guys, thanks for the amazing work you guys are doing to keep people like me sane (seriously, before I found this forum, I was seriously depressed). I applied May 7, 2021, linked my application in April 11, and since then, no single update. Not even ROA! With the help of this group, I have conditioned my mind to be patient and focus on other things.

I am starting to get anxious again now because my work permit is expiring in 3 months. Apart from the fact that my passport is in the process of renewal, my lack of AOR is affecting my chances of renewing with the “trtopr” policy. I have called IRCC to request for ROA and the agent promised to send a note last week but my anxiety is increasing every day.

I tried to fill out the forms so there are no delays when I get my passport but I couldn’t find some of the questions on the form for Outland dependent (Spouse is Outland), and the total amount was ZERO. Don’t know if I am clicking the right boxes but I am sure following the instructions on the page.

please I will appreciate your advice at this point because this whole process is taking a toll on me.
Don't worry, not everyone receives an AOR, and you have options. If you have been able to link your account since April, it's likely they are processing your file -- it's just that progress doesn't always get reported in our accounts in a timely fashion. If your account says, 'We are processing your application,' then it doesn't matter if you received an actual AOR or not. I hope you will receive PR soon, however, just in case it takes longer, you should apply for an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway' which should be valid to Dec 31, 2024. You are eligible to apply right now, but I would wait until you can submit a copy of your new passport (very soon, I hope). Sometimes they will limit the length of your OWP based on the expiry of your passport so to get the full benefit out to Dec 31, 2024, you want your passport to be valid beyond that date. By applying for the OWP before your current permit expires, you will be in 'maintained' status and able to continue working while you wait for PR. If for any reason your new passport is delayed, make sure you apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway before your current permit expires (or even right now) and then submit your new passport when you obtain it by submitting a copy via webform with an explanation as to why you are providing it.

Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a several times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway -- it's how they route the application to the right people who understand processing it under this special temporary policy. Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else. Best wishes!

P.S. You don't need to have a copy of your AOR to apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway. You need a copy of the automated email you received when you submitted your actual TR2PR application. It should have something like this in the subject line:
"Submission Confirmation -- Online permanent residence application..."

Last edited:

Sabi_Girl

Nov 24, 2022

Don't worry, not everyone receives an AOR, and you have options. If you have been able to link your account since April, it's likely they are processing your file -- it's just that progress doesn't always get reported in our accounts in a timely fashion. If your account says, 'We are processing your application,' then it doesn't matter if you received an actual AOR or not. I hope you will receive PR soon, however, just in case it takes longer, you should apply for an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway' which should be valid to Dec 31, 2024. You are eligible to apply right now, but I would wait until you can submit a copy of your new passport (very soon, I hope). Sometimes they will limit the length of your OWP based on the expiry of your passport so to get the full benefit out to Dec 31, 2024, you want your passport to be valid beyond that date. By applying for the OWP before your current permit expires, you will be in 'maintained' status and able to continue working while you wait for PR. If for any reason your new passport is delayed, make sure you apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway before your current permit expires (or even right now) and then submit your new passport when you obtain it by submitting a copy via webform with an explanation as to why you are providing it.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a several times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway -- it's how they route the application to the right people who understand processing it under this special temporary policy. Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else. Best wishes!

P.S. You don't need to have a copy of your AOR to apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway. You need a copy of the automated email you received when you submitted your actual TR2PR application. It should have something like this in the subject line:
Thank you so so much @CherAmie .

Sabi_Girl

Nov 24, 2022

Do you mean “Payment confirmation-IRCC”? Because that’s what I got on the day I submitted and paid for my application. I didn’t receive “Submission Confirmation” which I have alway assumed to be AOR. And also, after fill out the forms online as per the “trtopr” instructions, my spouse is required to upload “Purpose of Travel” (proof include: flight ticket departing Canada, travel itinerary, proof of medical appointment). I have filled out this form multiple times, and I still get that same request. Is this normal?

The total amount is still Zero. I know I am only exempt from paying one fee but both “work permit” and “open work permit holder fee” are both Zero.

Just trying to cross all my Ts.

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Do you mean “Payment confirmation-IRCC”? Because that’s what I got on the day I submitted and paid for my application. I didn’t receive “Submission Confirmation” which I have alway assumed to be AOR. And also, after fill out the forms online as per the “trtopr” instructions, my spouse is required to upload “Purpose of Travel” (proof include: flight ticket departing Canada, travel itinerary, proof of medical appointment). I have filled out this form multiple times, and I still get that same request. Is this normal?

The total amount is still Zero. I know I am only exempt from paying one fee but both “work permit” and “open work permit holder fee” are both Zero.

Just trying to cross all my Ts.
You should have received an automated email (Submission Confirmation) when you submitted your original TR2PR application. Check your files but if you can't find it, provide your original TR2PR payment receipt ('Official Receipt' with bar code), and a screen print of your linked/current account page with your Application Number E2..... and status indicating your file is in process (or whatever it says there), with a letter of explanation that you either accidentally lost or deleted the Submission Confirmation email, or never received it. (My assumption is that you would not have been able to link your application to your account if it was never submitted or received.)

Regarding the 'OWP under TR to PR' fees, I am not entirely sure what's going on (& I didn't have a spouse to deal with) but you need to pay the fee BEFORE you apply because you are following a non-standard process when you apply for "OWP under TR to PR". You will not pay the full/typical fee, just $155. Then you will submit/upload that receipt with your application documents. I'm not sure what the fee is for your spouse but read the "OWP under TR to PR" guidelines & instructions carefully and make sure if there are any links in bright blue writing or underlined writing that you click on them and read thoroughly for any additional instructions. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabi_Girl

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Congratulations to all who got approval letters and ecorps today. For those of us still waiting lets keep on the faith. Looks like we r headed for more delays in processing as per immigration news today. Seems lyk priority will shift to those affected by the latest catastrophe in Syria and Turkey. Well wishes & strength to all those affected.
Global News 7 hours ago:

Fraser said his department is trying to figure out the effect on permanent residency applicants already in Canada’s immigration system to determine how to help them.
“This is a conversation that we’re having,” he told reporters.
“We’re trying to understand what the impact is on the clients who are in the system.”

Let's hope he/they figure out ways to keep us all moving through.

shumsherv

Sep 29, 2022
Hey Guys,
Finally I received an ADR for IMM5669 as there was 4 months gap. I completed the form and uploaded it but under details it says - Uploaded-not submitted to IRCC and below it I can see Uploaded file name . Do you think its uploaded ? worried because there was deadline for submission by feb 15th.

Arpitjr

Feb 7, 2023
Hey Guys,
Finally I received an ADR for IMM5669 as there was 4 months gap. I completed the form and uploaded it but under details it says - Uploaded-not submitted to IRCC and below it I can see Uploaded file name . Do you think its uploaded ? worried because there was deadline for submission by feb 15th.
U have just uploaded the file hut did not do declarations and submit the file to IRCC please scroll down and follow the steps on screen to complete the submission

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
LET'S GO GUYS! ECoPR finally arrived. It's all officially over!
I'll let you guys know when the actual card arrives.
Good luck to those still waiting, your day will come, don't feel discouraged
:)
Timeline in the signature area.
Wish u luck as new Canadian...hope we meet same forum for citizenship stuff...and yes our tym.will come..