+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Just got my CBSA notes after 1month of applying for it but nothing about GCMS.
CBSA says my primary office is Whitehorse and secondary is centralized but I think as per my past GCMS notes primary was Calgary and secondary was centralized.
Eligibility: Not started (still :mad:)
Security: Not started (still : :mad:)
Criminality: In progress (this is actually since the time my application got linked in July 2022 :mad:)
Medical: Passed-Expired
InfoSharing: Complete (This was completed around biometrics itself as I have never been to US, AUS, UK, NZ)
Biometrics is cool
Mayne security not started and due date of Security is mid July 2023 wtf :mad:
Criminality going on since Feb 2022, due date is end of Feb 2023, hopefully they should complete atleast criminality by end of Feb and I hope the process becomes faster after that.
Medical passed then expired and it has due date of mid July as well so I think it's 6 months more of a cruel wait.
There's a note at the bottom from 24 Nov 2022 which says - "Reassessment granted: Client is eligible for Temporary Public policy in effect from Oct 6, 2022 to Oct 6, 2024, reassessment granted <-- what is this @SmzAmir @CherAmie ?
It means the same as on my notes -- you've been granted an extension on your Medical to Oct 6, 2024.
From IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html
Streamlining immigration medical examination requirements for eligible applicants
Ottawa, October 12, 2022—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a temporary public policy that exempts certain low-risk, in-Canada, foreign nationals from submitting an immigration medical examination (IME) as part of their application when their previous IME has expired. This supports faster processing of applications to help eligible foreign nationals quickly obtain temporary or permanent resident status.
This exemption applies to foreign nationals who have
  • a new or pending application for permanent or temporary residence or a permanent resident visa, made from within Canada
  • completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and posed no risk to public health or safety, or reported to public health authorities for monitoring, as required
When submitting an application, applicants must provide the unique medical identifier number from their previous medical exam. The temporary public policy will remain in effect until October 6, 2024. Applicants who are not eligible under this temporary public policy are required to undergo an IME as per usual health screening procedures. IRCC will contact individuals who are not eligible for the exemption to discuss next steps.

Ramin_eg

Jan 15, 2022
Just applied for roofing company and took a test.
They said they're gonna tell me if I passed or not next week.

But because I don't have both a PR (duh) and work permit (waiting for 5 months as of today)
THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT GONNA LET ME WORK.

Been suffering from poverty for more than a year since I got laid off because my boss hired more foreign workers looking for PR
thinking I would get my PR soon. -- and I foolishly thought I would get it quick too.

I am fucked up enough. I just hope the others won't get into the same situation as mine.
Just turned 30 this year and I hate feeling that I am getting older and older, without any progress in my life.
Just give me damn chance so that I can at least do something for myself, and ultimately for this society.
Dont be sad I am 35. You will be PR soon

sandwichmaker

May 6, 2020
Criminality: In progress (this is actually since the time my application got linked in July 2022 :mad:)
InfoSharing: Complete (This was completed around biometrics itself as I have never been to US, AUS, UK, NZ)
Biometrics is cool
I guess these IRCC officers are either very busy--mainly dealing with refugees and other PR applicants other than TR2PR--or just busy taking a nap.

waitingforPR123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2022
Just got my CBSA notes after 1month of applying for it but nothing about GCMS.
CBSA says my primary office is Whitehorse and secondary is centralized but I think as per my past GCMS notes primary was Calgary and secondary was centralized.
Biometrics is cool
Criminality going on since Feb 2022, due date is end of Feb 2023, hopefully they should complete atleast criminality by end of Feb and I hope the process becomes faster after that.
Medical passed then expired and it has due date of mid July as well so I think it's 6 months more of a cruel wait.
There's a note at the bottom from 24 Nov 2022 which says - "Reassessment granted: Client is eligible for Temporary Public policy in effect from Oct 6, 2022 to Oct 6, 2024, reassessment granted <-- what is this @SmzAmir @CherAmie ?
bro its the same as me...….. but I Don't have a due date for my Criminality.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
shut up u read what was written, have nothing kind to say here, then shut up, simple.
There is a possibility that some have misunderstood the intent of a recent @cantoxxyyzz reply. I choose to read it as the individual being replied to had the options to either be 'patient or go home'. It may have sounded unintentionally blunt but it is technically accurate. They were complaining about not being able to visit their parents in 3 years but (assuming finances & correct travel docs), they do have the option to go home & visit their parents.

Many on this forum have chosen to visit and/or return to their home countries to wait out the TR to PR process. IRCC has recognized this factor and has put out policies recognizing that TR to PR has taken longer than expected and not everyone has the funds, a support network or permits to wait out the process in Canada. You cannot be refused TR to PR just for being out of the country. If you receive PR while out of the country, you can reply that you will be back on a certain day, and then, when you are back, you can confirm with them that you are indeed back in the country and the process will then resume. Time limits to return to Canada may apply -- so I wouldn't take too long to get back.

On another matter, many people have used f-bombs and other such language to talk about immigration officials, agents, offices, the process, life, refugees, etc., but I don't see them being called out for not having 'nice' things to say. And, at least in my family, being told to 'shut up' isn't 'nice' either.

WE ARE ALL UNDER A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY & STRESS SO LET'S CONTINUE TO GIVE EACH OTHER SOME ROOM.

Still waiting & best wishes to all.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Just received approval today on OWP and have added the following to the timeline to my signature.
  • OWP under TR to PR Temporary Policy: Jan 20, 2023 & valid to Dec 31, 2024. Applied July 28, 2022. Student Visa due to expire end of March, 2023.
So, although I applied 8 months before the expiry of my Student Permit (long before the IRCC requested 4 month window), it was not rejected and was approved about 2 months before my current permit expires. If you are wondering why I applied so early, its because an agent made a mistake in reading my education transcripts and issued a new Study Permit without the ability to work off campus. There was quite a bit of back & forth correspondence about it & I wasn't sure it would get fixed so I applied for the OWP under TR to PR because I was eligible for it. In the end, the agent fixed the Study Permit to allow off campus work but only after I requested that the Dean of my Business program provide a letter validating my claim that I was not in 'general studies'.

Wait1MinorYear

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Hi guys, I'.
Just received approval today on OWP and have added the following to the timeline to my signature.
  • OWP under TR to PR Temporary Policy: Jan 20, 2023 & valid to Dec 31, 2024. Applied July 28, 2022. Student Visa due to expire end of March, 2023.
So, although I applied 8 months before the expiry of my Student Permit (long before the IRCC requested 4 month window), it was not rejected and was approved about 2 months before my current permit expires. If you are wondering why I applied so early, its because an agent made a mistake in reading my education transcripts and issued a new Study Permit without the ability to work off campus. There was quite a bit of back & forth correspondence about it & I wasn't sure it would get fixed so I applied for the OWP under TR to PR because I was eligible for it. In the end, the agent fixed the Study Permit to allow off campus work but only after I requested that the Dean of my Business program provide a letter validating my claim that I was not in 'general studies'.
Congratulations! I hope you can answer some questions about this OWP.
Can I still apply for this OWP now?
Can I work after I submit my application?
I just finish my degree program, and I think it's better to apply this rather than PGWP.
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: CherAmie

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
It means the same as on my notes -- you've been granted an extension on your Medical to Oct 6, 2024.
From IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html
Streamlining immigration medical examination requirements for eligible applicants
Ottawa, October 12, 2022—Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a temporary public policy that exempts certain low-risk, in-Canada, foreign nationals from submitting an immigration medical examination (IME) as part of their application when their previous IME has expired. This supports faster processing of applications to help eligible foreign nationals quickly obtain temporary or permanent resident status.
This exemption applies to foreign nationals who have
  • a new or pending application for permanent or temporary residence or a permanent resident visa, made from within Canada
  • completed an immigration medical exam within the last 5 years and posed no risk to public health or safety, or reported to public health authorities for monitoring, as required
When submitting an application, applicants must provide the unique medical identifier number from their previous medical exam. The temporary public policy will remain in effect until October 6, 2024. Applicants who are not eligible under this temporary public policy are required to undergo an IME as per usual health screening procedures. IRCC will contact individuals who are not eligible for the exemption to discuss next steps.
this is crazy but thanks for the info

aboelsheem

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
There is a possibility that some have misunderstood the intent of a recent @cantoxxyyzz reply. I choose to read it as the individual being replied to had the options to either be 'patient or go home'. It may have sounded unintentionally blunt but it is technically accurate. They were complaining about not being able to visit their parents in 3 years but (assuming finances & correct travel docs), they do have the option to go home & visit their parents.

Many on this forum have chosen to visit and/or return to their home countries to wait out the TR to PR process. IRCC has recognized this factor and has put out policies recognizing that TR to PR has taken longer than expected and not everyone has the funds, a support network or permits to wait out the process in Canada. You cannot be refused TR to PR just for being out of the country. If you receive PR while out of the country, you can reply that you will be back on a certain day, and then, when you are back, you can confirm with them that you are indeed back in the country and the process will then resume. Time limits to return to Canada may apply -- so I wouldn't take too long to get back.

On another matter, many people have used f-bombs and other such language to talk about immigration officials, agents, offices, the process, life, refugees, etc., but I don't see them being called out for not having 'nice' things to say. And, at least in my family, being told to 'shut up' isn't 'nice' either.

WE ARE ALL UNDER A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY & STRESS SO LET'S CONTINUE TO GIVE EACH OTHER SOME ROOM.

Still waiting & best wishes to all.
w

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi guys, I'.

Congratulations! I hope you can answer some questions about this OWP.
Can I still apply for this OWP now?
Can I work after I submit my application?
I just finish my degree program, and I think it's better to apply this rather than PGWP.
Thanks in advance!
I don’t know much about the PGWP pros & cons so others may have additional advice. However, if you were eligible & applied for TR to PR, then you should also be eligible for the ‘OWP under TR to PR’. If your current Study Permit already allows off campus/open work and has not yet expired, and you apply for the OWP under TR to PR before it does expire, you should be able to work under ‘maintained’ status during processing if the OWP doesn’t get processed in time. The issue will be convincing a new employer to hire you under maintained status. Some will, some won’t. In the past, I showed a previous employer my expired permit, my new application (which was submitted before the last one expired), and the definition of ‘maintained’ status directly from IRCC’s website. They were ok with it but they had a savvy HR department who understood IRCC — again, some don’t. If your current permit has expired, you should still be able to apply, but you may not be able to work until it is approved, hopefully, soon.

Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a few times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway (e.g. it says to enter Worker even if you’re a Student). Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else.

Best wishes!

Wait1MinorYear

Star Member
May 6, 2022
I don’t know much about the PGWP pros & cons so others may have additional advice. However, if you were eligible & applied for TR to PR, then you should also be eligible for the ‘OWP under TR to PR’. If your current Study Permit already allows off campus/open work and has not yet expired, and you apply for the OWP under TR to PR before it does expire, you should be able to work under ‘maintained’ status during processing if the OWP doesn’t get processed in time. The issue will be convincing a new employer to hire you under maintained status. Some will, some won’t. In the past, I showed a previous employer my expired permit, my new application (which was submitted before the last one expired), and the definition of ‘maintained’ status directly from IRCC’s website. They were ok with it but they had a savvy HR department who understood IRCC — again, some don’t. If your current permit has expired, you should still be able to apply, but you may not be able to work until it is approved, hopefully, soon.

Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a few times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway (e.g. it says to enter Worker even if you’re a Student). Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else.

Best wishes!
Thank you for the reply. I will work on my application with the help of those guidelines.
I have met some employers who don't accept maintained status too. So hopefully we will receive our PR soon!

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Guys,

Not sure if you have read the below:

"IRCC said it is considering inviting Express Entry candidates based on occupational background, sectors of the economy with labour shortages, whether candidates have resided in Canada as international students or temporary foreign workers, and the French-language proficiency of candidates."

That means there might be draws which target international students only, or TRs only, etc. Those draws can land anytime. next week? , in three weeks ? who knows. I would definitely create/update my express entry profile ASAP. Better safe than sorry.

Original link:

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/01/ircc-considering-express-entry-draws-based-on-occupations-and-other-categories-0132423.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20230118#gs.nrkdl2

Jj121

May 31, 2022
Hi there,
I have received email for PR approval. IRCC asking to confirm the PR by replying on the same email with current location and other small details. Currently I’m outside Canada. I replied on the email with expected date. From that day I haven’t heard from them yet. Any suggestions?
Can u share your time please?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I have to renew my Indian passport as its expiring within a year. So after renewing passport, do I have to reapply for workpermit? Or my existing PGWP is valid till its expiry?

I received my existing PGWP till my passport expiry.

Thanks in advance.
Your existing PGWP is valid until it expires. However, you should also keep your passport up to date but you don't need to reapply for your PGWP if you renew your passport early. Hopefully you will have PR before either expire. If you still don't have PR at about 4 months away from PGWP expiry, apply for 'OWP under TR to PR.' (See one of my recent answers above on where to look for info on IRCC website.)

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi there,
I have received email for PR approval. IRCC asking to confirm the PR by replying on the same email with current location and other small details. Currently I’m outside Canada. I replied on the email with expected date. From that day I haven’t heard from them yet. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure you will hear anything more until you return to Canada, so get back on the expected date or sooner and when you arrive back, notify them that you are back so that the PR process can continue. I don't know if you were given a time limit on when you need to return by, but if you were, please try to keep within that timeframe. I am not sure about this process entirely because I haven't gone through it but I think I've read on this forum that some people have been given 30 to 60 days (?).

Anyone with more specific experience on this matter?

Reactions: PR Dreamer