+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Hi Guys,
Can anyone guide/ share similar experience.
My TR TO PR update recieved from IRCC and shared with me by MPs office on 25th May 2022.

Notes on file:

Received May 7, 2021
Whitehorse IRCC office
Eligibility and security not started
Criminality pass
Medicals passed but expired – April 25, 2022
No note on extending
Nothing requested yet

Recently I got a Ghost update on 17th June and yesterday another follow up email with IRCC from MPs office states-

Criminality in process.

Earlier it was passed now again in process. Can anyone explain?
I linked my file on Apr 5. I have the same issue. Criminality passed to in progress. If anyone could please shed some light on why it happened please?

Sak786

Nov 8, 2021
Can you believe if I say No...
I'm literally not received anything from IRCC nor CBSA regarding my application.
No respond to webform, client center always busy, no new information from MP and file is in processing since Oct 15, 2021.
Hello, If you don't mind I have 2 questions. 1. Why did they ask you for "ADR - Feb 25, 2022 (imm5669)"? 2. How did you came to know that spouse has been added? Thanks

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hello, If you don't mind I have 2 questions. 1. Why did they ask you for "ADR - Feb 25, 2022 (imm5669)"? 2. How did you came to know that spouse has been added? Thanks
Hello,
1) I had a 1 year gap in personal history question of imm5669.
2) When my spouse documents were received, she was added as a dependent under the principal applicant information section of my online account. If you don't have a dependent you cannot see this part. It's like the image in this post, under the Applicant Information there is a blue hyperlink named "View dependents".

Sak786

Nov 8, 2021
Hello,
1) I had a 1 year gap in personal history question of imm5669.
2) When my spouse documents were received, she was added as a dependent under the principal applicant information section of my online account. If you don't have a dependent you cannot see this part. It's like the image in this post, under the Applicant Information there is a blue hyperlink named "View dependents".
Thank you so much for your detailed answers. I also got married after AOR and we are in the process of adding spouse in the application. With spouse documents did you attached any letter of explanation and along with marriage certificate did they asked you for any other documents in regards to proof of relationship?. Thanks.

Last edited:

Space_L

May 19, 2022
How much time does it get for ECoPR after AOR? Biometrics have been submitted, Medical passed. Whats next?
No set time limit for processing...
Background check is pending and eligibility... background check has 3 steps... criminality,info Sharing and security screening and then eligibility.
Sequence of approval varies case to case for these background steps.
If these are done then you can take a sigh of relief for time being(until you receive PR card)
Else keep Patience as most of us are trying to do.
N yes welcome to the queue n keep posting updates.

rajveer1061

May 2, 2022
No set time limit for processing...
Background check is pending and eligibility... background check has 3 steps... criminality,info Sharing and security screening and then eligibility.
Sequence of approval varies case to case for these background steps.
If these are done then you can take a sigh of relief for time being(until you receive PR card)
Else keep Patience as most of us are trying to do.
N yes welcome to the queue n keep posting updates.
Thanks for the response!
Most of friend who got there PR told me it usually takes 3-4 months to get ecopr after aor. But some people on this thread waiting here for much longer.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thank you so much for your detailed answers. I also got married after AOR and we are in the process of adding spouse in the application. With spouse documents did you attached any letter of explanation and along with marriage certificate did they asked you for any other documents in regards to proof of relationship?. Thanks.
Np. Yes, they sent me an ADR as follows:

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550, RPRF of $500, and a biometrics fee of $85 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:

Go to our Online Payment webpage.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please submit the receipt via your online account.

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photographs must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.

If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

How to submit the requested documents:

Please submit the requested information/documents via your online account.

Find out how: Link your application to your online account

You may upload the requested information/documents to your IRCC Secure Account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON A TR TO PR APPLICATION >> QUESTIONS FOR THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT <<
Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.

Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.

Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.

DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:

First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)
Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.

Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats)
Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.

Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No

Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it was arranged.

Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if applicable.

Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)? Provide details such as when and where.

If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON A TR TO PR APPLICATION
INTERPRETER DECLARATION

This section must be fully completed if an interpreter assisted you in the preparation of this questionnaire.

I, solemnly declare that I have faithfully and accurately interpreted in the language the content of this application and any related questionnaires/forms to the persons concerned.

I have been informed by the person concerned, and I do verily believe, that he/she completely understands the nature and effect of these questionnaires/forms, and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanol and Sak786

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for sharing this.

"we lost a lot of our horsepower as a department." They think of their own staff as a horsepower , no wonder they're treating us like this.

"On the resources side, we’ve added 500 more staff.” He also pointed out the additional $85 million and another $385 million allocated in recent federal budget announcements that will go towards improving application processing"
I cannot believe these numbers, these are the processing fee, right of permanent residency fee and others fees, and taxes that we paid, yet they hired only 500 more staff (to solve a 2M backlog problem)

"The number one policy is our Immigration Levels Plan. We’re not going to chip away at the number of cases in the inventory if we don’t expand the numbers"
Of course it is, immigrants are just a number for you to report and show off.

"Work permits have almost 250% increased compared to last year"
Of course it will, when you blindly just say we need xxxx amount of immigrants in Canada that means you'll get more people within the Immigration system lol

• Sad
Reactions: Lily444

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for sharing this.

"we lost a lot of our horsepower as a department." They think of their own staff as a horsepower , no wonder they're treating us like this.

"On the resources side, we’ve added 500 more staff.” He also pointed out the additional $85 million and another $385 million allocated in recent federal budget announcements that will go towards improving application processing"
I cannot believe these numbers, these are the processing fee, right of permanent residency fee and others fees, and taxes that we paid, yet they hired only 500 more staff (to solve a 2M backlog problem)

"The number one policy is our Immigration Levels Plan. We’re not going to chip away at the number of cases in the inventory if we don’t expand the numbers"

Of course it will, when you blindly just say we need xxxx amount of immigrants in Canada that means you'll get more people within the Immigration system lol
Wish they improve the processing time and start working on our files.

Reactions: JACKPT and SmzAmir

Sak786

Nov 8, 2021
Np. Yes, they sent me an ADR as follows:

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP

If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550, RPRF of $500, and a biometrics fee of $85 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:

Go to our Online Payment webpage.

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please submit the receipt via your online account.

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photographs must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

3. Forms
Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

4. Documents
Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate
Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate
If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate

5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)

8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.

If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion.

How to submit the requested documents:

Please submit the requested information/documents via your online account.

Find out how: Link your application to your online account

You may upload the requested information/documents to your IRCC Secure Account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON A TR TO PR APPLICATION >> QUESTIONS FOR THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT <<
Provide a complete and precise response to each question in your own words. Failure to provide the information requested below will delay processing and could result in a refusal of your application.

Make sure you have indicated your name, application number, the questionnaire title and the number or letter of the question you are answering.

Please answer the following questions on a separate page and include the question number with your answer.

DEVELOPMENT OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP
Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:

First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)
Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.

Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats)
Please provide dates of cohabitation, if applicable.

Was your relationship known to your close friends and family members? Yes/No

Was your marriage arranged? Please provide details on who arranged the marriage and when it was arranged.

Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the engagement? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

Was there a formal ceremony to recognize/celebrate the marriage? Please provide details such as when, where, who attended, and the religion in which the marriage was performed, if applicable.

Was there a reception? If so please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

Did you have a honeymoon (a holiday or trip taken by you and your spouse after the marriage)? Provide details such as when and where.

If in a common-law relationship, was there a commitment ceremony? Please provide details such as when, where, and who attended.

INCLUSION OF A SPOUSE/COMMON-LAW PARTNER ON A TR TO PR APPLICATION
INTERPRETER DECLARATION

This section must be fully completed if an interpreter assisted you in the preparation of this questionnaire.

I, solemnly declare that I have faithfully and accurately interpreted in the language the content of this application and any related questionnaires/forms to the persons concerned.

I have been informed by the person concerned, and I do verily believe, that he/she completely understands the nature and effect of these questionnaires/forms, and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.
WOW..you are awesome, it will really help & prepare me in advance :)

1. You only updated your "Schedule A" just to current your personal history not to add any spouse details in it & for your spouse you submitted a new form right.

2. In "Supplementary Information Your Travels" you updated the form being as a principal applicant with spouse details or you summitted a new seperate form for your spouse ?

Last edited:

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Thanks for sharing this.

it's gonna increase more with new tr to pr owp, pgwp ext

ArjunSaiyan

Jun 22, 2022
Hi guys I hope someone will suggest me about uploading documents. I have few documents that needs to be updated/uploaded into my application. Shall I do it by webform or wait for the reply from IRCC ? I have already linked my profile but I just wanna know about what's the better thing to do ? Thanks