+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hey Guys,

Below you will see my details.

Unfortunately, we cannot depend on these processing time anymore (below message from IRCC twitter page)

Service disruptions and restrictions due to #COVID19 may have an impact on processing times. Current processing times may not be accurate. No application in progress will be closed or refused due to lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time.

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, we cannot depend on these processing time anymore (below message from IRCC twitter page)

Service disruptions and restrictions due to #COVID19 may have an impact on processing times. Current processing times may not be accurate. No application in progress will be closed or refused due to lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time.

mine is almost like urs, but mine is written 10 weeks. ٪89 . ECD is June 5th.

Weley

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hey Guys,

Service disruptions and restrictions due to #COVID19 may have
an impact on processing times. Current processing times may not be accurate. No application in progress will be closed or refused due to lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time.

Is that mean delay in processing time even for inland application?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Sparta1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Applied on 27th feb 2020
Received G-number on March 13th

I applied from outside canada through Group of Five. I am curious if overseas applications can be added to expedited cases.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
When you applied. We applied December 2019 and no AOR yet. does it take more time. And what are the steps please. At what stage we get PCC request. Can we get it in advance from the countries where we resided. or they would need updated at the time we upload it. since we left the countries long time back and if we get clearance so they should not have objection that it is old dated. As no crimes can be done in your absences. your suggessions will be appreciated.
Hi.
My experience is that around 3 months you will get AOR. One month later they will ask for medical check up. 2 months after that they asked for pcc. I gave them some old pcc from a country I was there 10 years ago. Hopefully they will accept it.
That was my experience.
Good luck
Jalal

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Applied on 27th feb 2020
Received G-number on March 13th

I applied from outside canada through Group of Five. I am curious if overseas applications can be added to expedited cases.
CLICK HERE For more details on G5 Application & its process, you can also start a new thread for G5 applicants and see if anyone else has that experience and can share it with you.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
no..as we discussed before
the officer finish the application in an hour if he want
Please provide some facts to back this claim. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ( an Hour) LOL where did you get this information? :D:D:D

Can you do all the below in an hour, if you are going to type only type facts as people come here and read, and you do not want to be giving them false information?

Most of these steps are not completed by IRCC but different branches and also getting the information from countries that Canada may or may not have any relationship with, even those this is already done By IRB they are a different branch of IRCC and so the process is different, I totally understand that we wait too long but again it cannot be done in 2 hour.

Also: https://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201905_e_43328.html read that and you'll see most of the time IRCC is waiting for info

Last edited:

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
no..as we discussed before
the officer finish the application in an hour if he want
its not that like that , they are just an employee and they should follow all the policies as SOP pretty straight forward and walking trough exactly as they learned.
so its not that much easy as u think sir
officer basically are not decision maker they just sort all of papers and documents and they will send and received with other departments.
In this matter only there is 1 big main things that always toke lots of time which is super important for them and shape main structure of whole application. and they called "background checking" usually its take 1 year standard but for lucky people but some other people depend to lots of factors and issues they have it could be different and take way more time but whole process is not exceeding 24 month.