+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV timelines

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
i see got it, thanks. did you as sponsor send the email exception or PA living in india send the email? as well as we are under immediate family member for spouse, we dont have to fill the satuatory declaration right?
No as spouse you don't need the exemption as you count as immediate family, but you still need a valid visa. Better check the website for the latest rules. I applied from my email ID (am in India and not the sponsor - no sponsor since it's dating), since my TRV was from my profile.

Vishakha18

Apr 7, 2021
Here's the timeline for mother in law's visitor visa and my mother's super visa:

Visitor Visa:
Application Submitted: December 22
Biometrics Requested: December 24
Biometrics Completed: February 15th (at Nepal)
Email sent to IRCC for faster processing: March 7th
Passport Request: March 15th

Super Visa:
Application submitted: Jan 8th
Biometrics requested: Jan 10th
Biometric completed (At Nepal): 15th Feb
Mail sent to IRCC for faster processing: Mar 7th
Medicals Requested: Mar 16th
Medicals Done in Mumbai: Mar 22nd
Medicals Passed: Mar 31st
Passport Request: April 6th
Can you please tell me if we have to apply the same way we apply for visitor visa ?

canadacec2021

Feb 15, 2021
Here's the timeline for mother in law's visitor visa and my mother's super visa:

Visitor Visa:
Application Submitted: December 22
Biometrics Requested: December 24
Biometrics Completed: February 15th (at Nepal)
Email sent to IRCC for faster processing: March 7th
Passport Request: March 15th

Super Visa:
Application submitted: Jan 8th
Biometrics requested: Jan 10th
Biometric completed (At Nepal): 15th Feb
Mail sent to IRCC for faster processing: Mar 7th
Medicals Requested: Mar 16th
Medicals Done in Mumbai: Mar 22nd
Medicals Passed: Mar 31st
Passport Request: April 6th
Can you please tell me the email address where you send the email for faster processing ?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi All,
My Kid entered Canada with us (Canadian PR) and currently we did medical for PR processing requested by IRCC but we also need to extend her visitor status since it is expiring in couple of months. In visitor visa extension application IRCC asking to upload the medical record as per checklist .Can we upload the same medical done for PR since in that request/report there is UCI number for PR processing or we need to new medical test again for TRV extension?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
My Kid entered Canada with us (Canadian PR) and currently we did medical for PR processing requested by IRCC but we also need to extend her visitor status since it is expiring in couple of months. In visitor visa extension application IRCC asking to upload the medical record as per checklist .Can we upload the same medical done for PR since in that request/report there is UCI number for PR processing or we need to new medical test again for TRV extension?
Yes medicals are good for one year so you can indicate that she did a medical on X date for her sponsorship application that would be valid for the cisitor extension.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My sister in law is currently visiting us and her 6 months ends may 25th . I was wondering if we did extension and we checked online processing takes roughly 6 months. If we applied for extension will she be under implied status for those 6 months?
Assume your sister is relatively young. Would just warn you that remaining for such long periods will raise concerns about her potentially working illegally or having moved to Canada when she is a visitor unless she is independently wealthy and doesn't have to work or build her career. There is less concern when parents stay for a year or 2 because most are retired but a young person should really be spending more time outside Canada versus in Canada.

krish9297

Feb 2, 2021
Hi All,

Visitor Visa (I'm the spouse of a Canadian PR):
  • Application Submitted: May 07, 2021 (received Confirmation of Online Application Transmission & Submission)
  • Biometrics submitted for previous application
  • Webform submitted for faster processing: May 17, 2021 (Got an email as an acknowledgment of receipt)
I didn't receive any updates within the said 14 business days timeline. I have the following questions, please let me know your suggestions.
  1. How long should I wait before sending another webform?
  2. Should my husband (Canadian PR) contact CIC to get more updates? (He has been listed as the designated individual in IMM 5475)
  3. Should I send the recent medical assessment done for my PR application? If YES, should I use a webform for it? (GCKey account by default is showing that "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes").
(FYI: Sponsor approval letter {FC application} is included as one of the supporting documents along with the webform).

Please let me know your suggestions. Also, If anyone else is in the same boat as me, please update your timeline as well.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Visitor Visa (I'm the spouse of a Canadian PR):
  • Application Submitted: May 07, 2021 (received Confirmation of Online Application Transmission & Submission)
  • Biometrics submitted for previous application
  • Webform submitted for faster processing: May 17, 2021 (Got an email as an acknowledgment of receipt)
I didn't receive any updates within the said 14 business days timeline. I have the following questions, please let me know your suggestions.
  1. How long should I wait before sending another webform?
  2. Should my husband (Canadian PR) contact CIC to get more updates? (He has been listed as the designated individual in IMM 5475)
  3. Should I send the recent medical assessment done for my PR application? If YES, should I use a webform for it? (GCKey account by default is showing that "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes").
(FYI: Sponsor approval letter {FC application} is included as one of the supporting documents along with the webform).

Please let me know your suggestions. Also, If anyone else is in the same boat as me, please update your timeline as well.

Thanks!
14 days is just an estimate. No need to send a webform unless you haven't heard something in a long time (like 2 months). No need for your spouse to contact. No need to submit the medical. If you are ever asked for a medical (not required for most TRVs) then you can indicate that you have already done a medical if done within the past year. Although many more spouses of PRs and citizens have been approved for a TRV than before the pandemic a TRV for spouses of PRs and citizens are not guaranteed. People misinterpret that spouses of citizens and PRs are able to travel as all spouses will be granted a TRV.

krish9297

Feb 2, 2021
14 days is just an estimate. No need to send a webform unless you haven't heard something in a long time (like 2 months). No need for your spouse to contact. No need to submit the medical. If you are ever asked for a medical (not required for most TRVs) then you can indicate that you have already done a medical if done within the past year. Although many more spouses of PRs and citizens have been approved for a TRV than before the pandemic a TRV for spouses of PRs and citizens are not guaranteed. People misinterpret that spouses of citizens and PRs are able to travel as all spouses will be granted a TRV.
Thanks for your quick reply. Its a waiting game then...

I'm not under the impression that a TRV for spouse is guaranteed, but I have followed IRCC's guidelines regarding dual intent, and I'm just hoping for a positive response. Fingers crossed!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I'm not under the impression that a TRV for spouse is guaranteed, but I have followed IRCC's guidelines regarding dual intent, and I'm just hoping for a positive response. Fingers crossed!
You have a much better chance than precovid when the chances were very low.

Reactions: krish9297

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

What happened to your first attempt?

krish9297

Feb 2, 2021
What happened to your first attempt?
I didn't get a NOC from employer as I was not ready to disclose my intentions to travel to Canada before visa approval. Hence my ties to home country was not strong enough for a TRV application. That was a huge mistake. Now that I have mentioned to my employer about my long term plans to move to Canada and also committed myself to work with them for the next 12 months, they were kind enough to provide me with few weeks of vacation and NOC for that period as well.

Also, in my previous application I just mentioned that we will apply for PR (outland), but now I have included SA letter as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I didn't get a NOC from employer as I was not ready to disclose my intentions to travel to Canada before visa approval. Hence my ties to home country was not strong enough for a TRV application. That was a huge mistake. Now that I have mentioned to my employer about my long term plans to move to Canada and also committed myself to work with them for the next 12 months, they were kind enough to provide me with few weeks of vacation and NOC for that period as well.

Also, in my previous application I just mentioned that we will apply for PR (outland), but now I have included SA letter as well.
There are also delays due to closures in India.

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Has anyone from either October or November 2020 have received word from the philippines ? I know of 2 applicants who applied and have not heard anything, but yet the processing times has went down from a full year down to about 87 days. when they first applied processing times said 5 days haha.