+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV timelines

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I applied TRV on Dec 30th 2020, received the "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" on the same day but I received Submission confirmation today, is it strange? And does my processing time start after receiving the submission confirmation?
H
I applied for TRV on 25/12/2020
received the "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" on the same day but I have not yet received Submission confirmation.
UPDATE!
I received the submission confirmation today (1 Feb 2021).
Applied for TRV on 25 Dec 2020.
Not sure if this is the point where they actually start working on our application.

Any update on your case after you receive your “Submission confirmation”?

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
@adiben I received a submission confirmation too about a month after submitting my application - Any idea how much longer before a decision is made?

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
Timeline of my wife's TRV
AOR: Oct 11th, 2020
Biometrics: Oct 30th, 2020
Correspondence Letter: Dec 17th, 2020
Original Passport Request: Dec 17th, 2020

Has anyone in the USA recently submitted a passport to VAC through VFS? How much do they charge?
Hi @sagarp20 From the information you provided, it seems like your wife is applying for her tourist visa from the USA right? Just wanted to confirm since my parents are applying from the USA too and wanted to get an idea of how long the process takes (It seems like yours took 60 days from submission to Passport request)

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
Is there anyone recently whose parents have applied visitor visa from India?
Hi @Afr pra i have applied for my in-law's tourist visa from India. I just submitted the application on Feb 1st and got the biometrics request, but seems like none of the VACs are scheduling biometrics for tourists. Do you know what to do in this case?

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
@adiben I received a submission confirmation too about a month after submitting my application - Any idea how much longer before a decision is made?
Not sure how long will they take. Current application processing time is 42 days. Mine is just a couple of days short of that. If I don’t receive any response from them, I am thinking of raising a web form query

anv87

Feb 1, 2018
Not sure how long will they take. Current application processing time is 42 days. Mine is just a couple of days short of that. If I don’t receive any response from them, I am thinking of raising a web form query
42 days.. where do you see it... I am looking at the processing times and the timeline for processing tourists visa from the USA is 150 + days

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I applied TRV on Dec 30th 2020, received the "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" on the same day but I received Submission confirmation today, is it strange? And does my processing time start after receiving the submission confirmation?
Hi,

I am in the same boat for my wife's TRV. We have submitted her application on December 29th, but I only see "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission".

I do not see the "Submission Confirmation message in the application portal. Its been over a month now. Have you found any more details on this?

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
I too
H

UPDATE!
I received the submission confirmation today (1 Feb 2021).
Applied for TRV on 25 Dec 2020.
Not sure if this is the point where they actually start working on our application.

Any update on your case after you receive your “Submission confirmation”?
i too got a similar mail.. I don’t know how much more time it will
Take

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I applied for trv on the 9th of November2020 . Before applying I had applied September 2019 for trv but was denied . The problem am facing now is my biometric details has not been updated on my application till now . What can I do about it ?so confused and frustrated I haven’t seen my spouse who is a citizen since December 2019. And I can’t apply for spousal sponsorship till June 2021 because of my spouse was sponsored .
If you applied from the same GCKey account, the biometrics shows up automatically when you submit the second application. Did you create a separate login account for your second application?

Esther644

Feb 1, 2021
I have submitted since Dec 15 but up till now have not received any response from them. I mean submission confirmation. I tracked my status and it's still saying " no record found". Am worried

vishal220

Oct 25, 2018
TRV Timeline:

My GF applied for TRV (Visitor) from India as an extended Family Member. I'm a PR in Canada.

AOR: 28th Nov
Biometrics Request: 29th Nov
Biometrics completed: 30th Dec (Dubai)

No further updates after that. Application in progress.

Anyone in same boat?

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
TRV Timeline:

My GF applied for TRV (Visitor) from India as an extended Family Member. I'm a PR in Canada.

AOR: 28th Nov
Biometrics Request: 29th Nov
Biometrics completed: 30th Dec (Dubai)

No further updates after that. Application in progress.

Anyone in same boat?
Did you get an update? Or any email from IRCC that she is exempt?