+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV timelines

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
my agency applied for my closed work permit last Nov 9 2020
Nov 23 done biometric
Dec 16 medical request
January 5 medical pass

status reviewing of eligibility and background check , waiting for passport reuqest hoping all will be fine

anoop2u

Mar 27, 2020
I got medical request for TRV application, it was applied on 31.Jul.2020 for one month stay in Canada....as per my understanding there is NO medical required for TRV if the stay less than 6months...can someone shed some light into this.....why they ask medical for TRV???

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I got medical request for TRV application, it was applied on 31.Jul.2020 for one month stay in Canada....as per my understanding there is NO medical required for TRV if the stay less than 6months...can someone shed some light into this.....why they ask medical for TRV???
You applied for visiting as a tourist or you have immediate family in Canada. Where did you apply?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The truth is, they can still ask you for a medical exam if they see the need even though you technically don't require one according to the books. Here's the information on their website :

Link => https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=4.6 (last question on this page).

I think I’m exempt, why are you asking me for a medical exam?
We may need a medical exam from you to assess your application, even if you only:

• lived in certain countries and territories for less than 6 months, or
  • will be in Canada for less than 6 months.
If you need one, we’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions, or we may refuse your application.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
I applied TRV on Dec 30th 2020, received the "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" on the same day but I received Submission confirmation today, is it strange? And does my processing time start after receiving the submission confirmation?

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I applied TRV on Dec 30th 2020, received the "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" on the same day but I received Submission confirmation today, is it strange? And does my processing time start after receiving the submission confirmation?
Normally you should receive it a day after or maximum 2 day after and not longer than that.

Preciousomua1

Nov 8, 2019
I applied for trv on the 9th of November2020 . Before applying I had applied September 2019 for trv but was denied . The problem am facing now is my biometric details has not been updated on my application till now . What can I do about it ?so confused and frustrated I haven’t seen my spouse who is a citizen since December 2019. And I can’t apply for spousal sponsorship till June 2021 because of my spouse was sponsored .

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I applied for TRV on 25/12/2020
received the "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" on the same day but I have not yet received Submission confirmation.

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
My wife's TRV application is in process since July. I am a PR holder and I reached out to my local MP and the case manager in his office today called me and said that the IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca prioritization of applications is only for Extended family members of Canadians and PR holders and Immediate family members of Temporary Residents in Canada.
He said that the prioritization is not for Immediate Family Members of Canadians and PR Holders.

This is the biggest piece of crap I have heard and honestly, if this is the kind of idiots that work in MP offices, then I have no hopes. What do I do?
Hi! I have the MP's mail id but I'm currently in India and my spouse is in Canada. We have a TRV in progress since Aug 2020 and we dropped a couple of emails to the above DL, no response yet.
So wanted to know if I should make my spouse representative by signing or making my spouse representative is not required.
Could you please tell me how you reached out to the MP?
Kindly guide! Thanks in advance!!

Oyibo Pepper

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
I applied for trv on the 9th of November2020 . Before applying I had applied September 2019 for trv but was denied . The problem am facing now is my biometric details has not been updated on my application till now . What can I do about it ?so confused and frustrated I haven’t seen my spouse who is a citizen since December 2019. And I can’t apply for spousal sponsorship till June 2021 because of my spouse was sponsored .
Hi.
I sent you an email just now.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Just found this on CIC's website; Not sure if this directly relates, but worth a read;

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=028&top=4

If we begin to process your application, we’ll send you an acknowledgement of receipt letter or email with an application number.

We don’t send an acknowledgement of receipt until we have opened your application and checked that it’s complete. There may be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it.

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
My husband is currently in Canada on a work permit. Me and my daughter had applied for visitor visas on Aug 29th, 2020 but till now no action has been taken on our applications. We have even dropped a couple of requests to travel exemption's email address for prioritising our visitor visas but there is no response even after couple of months. When we applied for visitor visa, my husband's work permit was supposed to expire on Mar 31, 2021.
Recently his bridging work permit got approved with validity till Jan 25, 2022.
I am planning to apply for spousal open work permit (more than 6 months) now. This way I can enter "COVID-19" in the purpose of travel as directed by IRCC.
Should I withdraw my visitor visa application before applying for spousal open work permit?
Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions