+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Good news here as well! My BG status also just turned to completed. So it took around 8 months to become completed. I did not receive any FP request. So, I would say based on my experience wait for 8 months. Also, it is clear now that CBSA is not involved in this process.
Congratulations!!!!! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Just curious if there is any role of ordering ATIP notes from CSIS.I think u ordered them around June 24th, so maybe notes request did the trick. What u think?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Congratulations!!!!! Finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Just curious if there is any role of ordering ATIP notes from CSIS.I think u ordered them around June 24th, so maybe notes request did the trick. What u think?
I ordered notes from CSIS it has been almost a month and nothing. CBSA sent me an extension and GCMS i order every month. Trick did not work for me.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I am not sure but I think it helped.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Good news here as well! My BG status also just turned to completed. So it took around 8 months to become completed. I did not receive any FP request. So, I would say based on my experience wait for 8 months. Also, it is clear now that CBSA is not involved in this process.
Congrats !!8 month since AOR or 8 months since CSIS started the check?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I ordered notes from CSIS it has been almost a month and nothing. CBSA sent me an extension and GCMS i order every month. Trick did not work for me.
Just send an email to follow up. They are pretty good in responding to emails. They respond the same day.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I seriously feel there is something going on with your application though I may be completely wrong but just go through your online presence anywhere and everywhere you think you might have posted something in these last few years. Have you travelled to any country which is considered high risk. This is high time you have to figure out yourself if you knownly /unknowly did something.
I dont know maybe, maybe not but if they think I'm a high risk just refuse me and write down in written as to why I was refused just dont like to be prolonged for no reason.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Things don't always work the way we like it maybe as minor as your username your officer might be antitrump or any small reason that might be holding your application just go through your Facebook activity logs or Google search history anything that you think might go against you.
Naaa if it was that bad then my Bg would not have been completed and if there was something unsual the officer would have cleared it with me in the interview plus im no social activist so it is just a deliberate delay or they are confused as to How can i provide them with such accurate details. I have each and every detail of my address , activity and my absences lol

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Not being rude or anything but most of us had accurate details i.e address, entry/exit, employers etc. during the eligibility period.
certainly , that is why applicants are getting tests, oaths etc what i meant to say is that at this point it could be anything.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Things don't always work the way we like it maybe as minor as your username your officer might be antitrump or any small reason that might be holding your application just go through your Facebook activity logs or Google search history anything that you think might go against you.
IMO ... they can’t check your search history or Google logs because this is not US. Privacy laws are very strict here. Though they can still look into open sources like FB, Twitter or Linkedin. Whats your take on this?

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
You never know what length CSIS might go that's the reason all information is redacted on Gcms notes. Citizenship is a serious business and they want to make sure they dont make any mistakes.
[/QUOTE]

CSIS may go to any length but the problem is with the processing of IRCC not CSIS. I am not the only one but there are so many 2019 applicants sitting like me .I might consider your opinion on a serious note if things were pre covid because at that time my app was going pretty smooth until that one interview that rude officer and then everything closed down. Now the beautiful backlog. 2019 applicants have been in a worse position, so many of them are frustrated and complaining on the forum.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
my app was going pretty smooth until that one interview that rude officer and then everything closed down. Now the beautiful backlog.
what happened during interview?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
IMO ... they can’t check your search history or Google logs because this is not US. Privacy laws are very strict here. Though they can still look into open sources like FB, Twitter or Linkedin. Whats your take on this?
If they have less number of sources to search/vet then they should be completing background check fast. But its taking years for some of them. So they should be searching for every single file on each computer on earth tracing that poor immigrant who never used a computer(or just only one computer at home) ;) :p (that too some cases like - they gave PR and cleared the background in a year when they were not known to Canada and they dont clear background for 2 years when they are resident of Canada :rolleyes::oops:)

Reactions: luvtrump