+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Yes citizenship of Canada applicant. I dont know but he wrote a paper on black hole which ircc didnt like so maybe . Although, The way ircc working I'd rather take the citizenship of McDonalds.
[/QUOTE
This is annoying I know. I contacted my MPs office yesterday and told them that people who applied after me are getting the test invite and my BG is still in process. No movement at all. They said they will send another follow up on my behalf. I dont know how helpful that is but at least they are responsive.
My application is December 2016. Nearly five years and IRCC. Still the BG check "in progress" although I did the FP in July 2020!

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
This is annoying I know. I contacted my MPs office yesterday and told them that people who applied after me are getting the test invite and my BG is still in process. No movement at all. They said they will send another follow up on my behalf. I dont know how helpful that is but at least they are responsive.
You know what reply they are going to get ? Due to covid 19 bla bla bla and your client file is in progress we will let u know lol

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My application is December 2016. Nearly five years and IRCC. Still the BG check "in progress" although I did the FP in July 2020!
But whats the plan next. I dont see a point in waiting for this long and even further. Are you not opting for filing case(writ of mandamus)?

They will never finish its for next 5 years since they havent finished for 5 years. I dont get the logic of cic on how they approved your PR with the background check cleared when you were not a resident and now you are a resident and they cant finish background check for 4 years.

Reactions: Das67 and luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
yeah like someone just mentioned what are you going to do next ? what is your plan ? complaining on the forum wont be much of a help. You should go with mandamus ,although it is very costly.

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
But whats the plan next. I dont see a point in waiting for this long and even further. Are you not opting for filing case(writ of mandamus)?

They will never finish its for next 5 years since they havent finished for 5 years. I dont get the logic of cic on how they approved your PR with the background check cleared when you were not a resident and now you are a resident and they cant finish background check for 4 years.
IRCC asked me in May 2017 for a fingerprint and I did it. BG verification "completed" in Jan 2018. Then IRCC asked for FP in July 2020 and I did it. Still the status is "In Progress" I am concerned IRCC will request another FP. This will be the third time I would do FP. And really I do not what the end of this story. The new FP itself will take time from "received" to "In progress" to "Completed". I have three children in my application. They are badly affected by what is happening. I do not know if I should separate them from my file and submit new applications to them. They lived in Canada from 2012 to 2017 (they completed the three years presence, but not the four out of six.)
yeah like someone just mentioned what are you going to do next ? what is your plan ? complaining on the forum wont be much of a help. You should go with mandamus ,although it is very costly.
How much does it cost? Do you know? What is happening in it? Is it a onetime court hearing?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
IRCC asked me in May 2017 for a fingerprint and I did it. BG verification "completed" in Jan 2018. Then IRCC asked for FP in July 2020 and I did it. Still the status is "In Progress" I am concerned IRCC will request another FP. This will be the third time I would do FP. And really I do not what the end of this story. The new FP itself will take time from "received" to "In progress" to "Completed". I have three children in my application. They are badly affected by what is happening. I do not know if I should separate them from my file and submit new applications to them. They lived in Canada from 2012 to 2017 (they completed the three years presence, but not the four out of six.)

How much does it cost? Do you know? What is happening in it? Is it a onetime court hearing?
https://www.nanda.ca/inadmissibility-cases/mandamus/

https://www.matthewjeffery.com/canadian-immigration-lawyer/appeals/mandamus/

Your case is complicated and I do not know what is going with your case. Maybe have some consulation with the lawyers.

Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Is your spouse canadian? Are the children reaching 18 soon or already 18?
For sure, you need to consult lawyer for next steps. Dont separate them yet without consulting lawyer.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020

Try contacting your MP.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
CIC note received today after 40 days since requested. The file is delivered to the local office Mid-June and in registery ...

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Sitting in registry is not good.
May or may not be a good thing. My file is in registry since March with BG in progress. All of a sudden, Today saw FP request and test window in the tracker together. Was still in registry when I got GCMS notes at the end of may. So, dont lose hope!

I think it means no officer in local office has looked at it yet. It should be test ready if they do

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
May or may not be a good thing. My file is in registry since March with BG in progress. All of a sudden, Today saw FP request and test window in the tracker together. Was still in registry when I got GCMS notes at the end of may. So, dont lose hope!
Congrats ! FP is for RCMP check I think, Do you know if security was/is ongoing for you as well?