+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
What is the difference between AIP and SA on the excel sheet? I got the email regarding "You have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor" which I think is the SA. Are you supposed to get a separate email for AIP?
I think SA goes to the sponsor and AIP goes to the principal applicant. Do you mind sharing your timeline? Thanks!

Reactions: sazig

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
For those who landed already, was it done for everyone from the Montreal office? Do they usually land only by sending COPR in GCKey? Or anyone got an email or phone call? Everyone with similar timelines is getting their COPR without delay yet we are being told to wait few days to few weeks, despite the application being approved for nearly 3 weeks now. If the application were processing, I would understand. But they have completed all the checks, the COPR letter is in the system (As confirmed by many agents) and just waiting to be printed and sent.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
For those who landed already, was it done for everyone from the Montreal office? Do they usually land only by sending COPR in GCKey? Or anyone got an email or phone call? Everyone with similar timelines is getting their COPR without delay yet we are being told to wait few days to few weeks, despite the application being approved for nearly 3 weeks now. If the application were processing, I would understand. But they have completed all the checks, the COPR letter is in the system (As confirmed by many agents) and just waiting to be printed and sent.
Just got DM on PA yesterday, we have almost the same timeline, so I'll let you know if it moves on our side. For now GCKey shows nothing, only ECAS changed yesterday to Decision made. Should be good news .. :) Looking at others it is true that most of the time DM and COPR happen the same day or the next day, but looking at other Quebec applicant .. it seems to takes longer than that .. average at 7days .. Let me know also if it moves for you. Cheers !

Reactions: gabycm

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Just got DM on PA yesterday, we have almost the same timeline, so I'll let you know if it moves on our side. For now GCKey shows nothing, only ECAS changed yesterday to Decision made. Should be good news .. :) Looking at others it is true that most of the time DM and COPR happen the same day or the next day, but looking at other Quebec applicant .. it seems to takes longer than that .. average at 7days .. Let me know also if it moves for you. Cheers !
Thanks, but I dont think the timelines are followed now. They said that the delay is due to covid but I've seen many other QC applicants getting DM and CoPR after our date. I was just saying I dont understand why they say the letter is in the system and not sending it. Your gckey will update once the office doing the landing will send you the letter.

woon1103

Feb 6, 2020
I think SA goes to the sponsor and AIP goes to the principal applicant. Do you mind sharing your timeline? Thanks!
I see, I think I only got the SA then, because my husband's passport was expired and they requested this from us the same day we got the SA.

Here is my timeline:

Application Received: 2019-10-03
AOR: 2019-11-21
CSQ Invitation: 2019-11-28
CSQ Approval: 2020-07-06
Medical Request: 2020-10-18
Medical Exam: 2020-10-24
Medical Exam Passed: 2020-11-06
DM1 (SA): 2020-11-13

Reactions: gabycm

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I see, I think I only got the SA then, because my husband's passport was expired and they requested this from us the same day we got the SA.

Here is my timeline:

Application Received: 2019-10-03
AOR: 2019-11-21
CSQ Invitation: 2019-11-28
CSQ Approval: 2020-07-06
Medical Request: 2020-10-18
Medical Exam: 2020-10-24
Medical Exam Passed: 2020-11-06
DM1 (SA): 2020-11-13
Did you got an email for SA ? Me I'm the sponsor and only my wife receive her AIP, I never received anything saying I was an eligible sponsor. Nevertheless it's written Decision made on the Sponsor.

woon1103

Feb 6, 2020
Did you got an email for SA ? Me I'm the sponsor and only my wife receive her AIP, I never received anything saying I was an eligible sponsor. Nevertheless it's written Decision made on the Sponsor.
Yes we got 2 emails: one to me (sponsor) saying that the eligibility passed, and one to my husband that they need additional document (renewed passport). On the ECAS it says 'Decision made' under sponsor column for me, too.

Congrats on your DM by the way! Did you get this by email? and does a DM PA make your wife a permanent resident? Or do you have to wait for your CoPR?

Reactions: Shanghai911

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I think she must wait CoPR to celebrate ! On my side never got an email from them, I just saw on ECAS DM on Sponsor and on the same day she receive the email with the AIP letter. Then her medical exam got process, and now her Ecas changed to DM.. but we still waiting .. Seems like in quebec it take an average of 1week between DM and CoPR, and other province seeems to to it on the same day. Anyway ... can see the finish line ahead .. and so far no news from them as they would need more info or anything, sounds like a good news to me.

Reactions: woon1103 and gabycm

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Guys, how long between medical passed/bgc started and the next update these days? Mine has been stuck there for a month now.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Guys, how long between medical passed/bgc started and the next update these days? Mine has been stuck there for a month now.
We got 5days between medical passed, and DM on Principal applicant. (DM on sponsor happened before medical passed) Show your complete timeline because it can have a big effect. At the moment they are rushing many apps as they told they would complete 50 000 cases from October to December, so we see all kind of timeline these days, some started before covid, some after that goes faster ..

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
We got 5days between medical passed, and DM on Principal applicant. (DM on sponsor happened before medical passed) Show your complete timeline because it can have a big effect. At the moment they are rushing many apps as they told they would complete 50 000 cases from October to December, so we see all kind of timeline these days, some started before covid, some after that goes faster ..
I expected that with the promise to finish so many applications, they would also rush QC applications somewhat. But after they sent medical requests in October, it seems they haven't sent any new medical requests to QC applicants... Go figure out how they actually work and how immigration prioritizes things...

Mimin

Oct 8, 2019
Hi, I, PR applicant, received a letter in my gc cic account saying that I passed eligibility requirements with subject "Eligibility Passed". My sponsor, on the other hand, has not yet received any email, but in his ECAS he has the "Decision Made" in his sponsorship application and a note has been added as:

"4. We sent you correspondence on November 19, 2020 about the decision on your application."

Why he has not received any email? How to verify this correspondence other way than email?