+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi, I, PR applicant, received a letter in my gc cic account saying that I passed eligibility requirements with subject "Eligibility Passed". My sponsor, on the other hand, has not yet received any email, but in his ECAS he has the "Decision Made" in his sponsorship application and a note has been added as:

"4. We sent you correspondence on November 19, 2020 about the decision on your application."

Why he has not received any email? How to verify this correspondence other way than email?
Have you checked the spam folder? My partner (the sponsor) had our AOR and CSQ request go to the spam folder. It could happen with the SA I guess...

Quebec boy

May 17, 2020
Just received a medical request, November 2019 applicant.
Can someone recommend any good & quick panel physician in montreal ( preferably west part of Montreal ). Is there anything that I need to know before I go for my medical?
TIA

Reactions: gabycm

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
I expected that with the promise to finish so many applications, they would also rush QC applications somewhat. But after they sent medical requests in October, it seems they haven't sent any new medical requests to QC applicants... Go figure out how they actually work and how immigration prioritizes things...
It's Canadian immigration saying they will rush the familly request. Quebec is expected to go as slow as they ever did. Medical request is coming after CSQ, if they didn't receive CSQ yet .. they won't receive MR.

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
We got 5days between medical passed, and DM on Principal applicant. (DM on sponsor happened before medical passed) Show your complete timeline because it can have a big effect. At the moment they are rushing many apps as they told they would complete 50 000 cases from October to December, so we see all kind of timeline these days, some started before covid, some after that goes faster ..
I’m a September applicant.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Just received a medical request, November 2019 applicant.
Can someone recommend any good & quick panel physician in montreal ( preferably west part of Montreal ). Is there anything that I need to know before I go for my medical?
TIA
I live on the other side of the island, so where I booked might be too far from you... I made an appointment for Wednesday.
https://im.clinic/

Reactions: Quebec boy

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
We got 5days between medical passed, and DM on Principal applicant. (DM on sponsor happened before medical passed) Show your complete timeline because it can have a big effect. At the moment they are rushing many apps as they told they would complete 50 000 cases from October to December, so we see all kind of timeline these days, some started before covid, some after that goes faster ..
CIC news article predicted that IRCC would grant decision on about 49000 applications by the end of the year if they process 6000 applications per month between October and December. Just to clarify it's not 50000 applications in three months, which would be great but higher than what they have announced.

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Just received eligibility for the sponsor. However they asked that we provide proof of us living together prior to the application. We sent them lease documents, plane tickets, joint accounts dating back 2 years with our application. This is so frustrating.

Reactions: sazig and gabycm

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
CIC news article predicted that IRCC would grant decision on about 49000 applications by the end of the year if they process 6000 applications per month between October and December. Just to clarify it's not 50000 applications in three months, which would be great but higher than what they have announced.
Yes that's correct, they increased the number of agent by 66%, and based on the spreadsheet it started to move a lot I think. Sorry if I confused anyone ! it's 18 000 cases for a yearly total of 49 000.

Reactions: Laurahd

Mimin

Oct 8, 2019
Just received eligibility for the sponsor. However they asked that we provide proof of us living together prior to the application. We sent them lease documents, plane tickets, joint accounts dating back 2 years with our application. This is so frustrating.
Hi ragnhild,
Was the request of additional documents (cohabitation) sent to email or account of sponsor or to applicant? Thanks.

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi ragnhild,
Was the request of additional documents (cohabitation) sent to email or account of sponsor or to applicant? Thanks.
To the cic account. Sponsor only got the eligibility. I also received a notification there was a message on the application.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys, I just got an update. Background check finally started and I got AIP, I think. The letter starts with :
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as
a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class." Is this really AIP? :eek:

Reactions: Laurahd and sazig