+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Does anyone know about the gcms notes? I’m thinking of requesting them after this week to see where I’m at.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Does anyone know about the gcms notes? I’m thinking of requesting them after this week to see where I’m at.
i ordered mine a while back. It just showed me they had done nothing but open my file. It takes a while to get them, i would say to just order it now... there’s no harm in doing it

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
i ordered mine a while back. It just showed me they had done nothing but open my file. It takes a while to get them, i would say to just order it now... there’s no harm in doing it
I was waiting for them to get a bit further in the background check so I can be informed on the outcome.

Reactions: gabycm

CharelesQuebec

Mar 14, 2020
Hi Laurahd,

May I suppose that they updated the requirements?

1. This April I called RAMQ(my wife is pregnant), the agent only asked for OWP for my case. However, that time we just sent files to IRCC even without AOR.

2. I don't know if the requirements are special for pregnant lady.

Also on Quebec Immigration website, it says like this:

Family members
Spouses, dependent children under 18 years of age and those at least 18 years old who are full-time students must be authorized to stay in Québec for more than six months in order to be eligible for the health insurance plan. They are also subject to a waiting period and must register with the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec as soon as they arrive so as not to delay their eligibility.

So maybe it depends on agent how to explain the requirements.

When I called RAMQ few months ago, they said OWP + letter of employment (full-time) + CSQ (or CAQ if it was just a temporary worker) or AIP + CSQ. The only reason you wouldn't need a letter of employment is if you have a special letter code on your CSQ but I think this is only special cases such as protected or vulnerable persons and refugees.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi Laurahd,

May I suppose that they updated the requirements?

1. This April I called RAMQ(my wife is pregnant), the agent only asked for OWP for my case. However, that time we just sent files to IRCC even without AOR.

2. I don't know if the requirements are special for pregnant lady.

Also on Quebec Immigration website, it says like this:

Family members
Spouses, dependent children under 18 years of age and those at least 18 years old who are full-time students must be authorized to stay in Québec for more than six months in order to be eligible for the health insurance plan. They are also subject to a waiting period and must register with the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec as soon as they arrive so as not to delay their eligibility.

So maybe it depends on agent how to explain the requirements.
No it has not changed. As i said, you can apply for RAMQ with OWP as long as you have a proof of full time employment. The work permit allows you to stay it Canada for more than six months. The waiting period of three months would apply.

Now, that I re-read my post, I realize I mentioned owp + csq. You don't need CSQ in that case, just the letter of employment. It was that in my case, my husband was not working full-time which is why the agent was talking about the CSQ. Sorry for the confusion.

CharelesQuebec

Mar 14, 2020
Thanks for clarification.

There is an interesting case: I have a friend who got OWP after PEQ graduation in 2017, and he got Quebec Insurance card without full time employment letter.

No it has not changed. As i said, you can apply for RAMQ with OWP as long as you have a proof of full time employment. The work permit allows you to stay it Canada for more than six months. The waiting period of three months would apply.

Now, that I re-read my post, I realize I mentioned owp + csq. You don't need CSQ in that case, just the letter of employment. It was that in my case, my husband was not working full-time which is why the agent was talking about the CSQ. Sorry for the confusion.

woon1103

Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone,
Does a "we received your medical results" on ECAS mean the medical is passed? or should I wait for something like "you have passed the medical test"? Also, it says my background check started but not the eligibility check. Shouldn't the eligibility be checked before bckgrd check?
Thank you!

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello everyone,
Does a "we received your medical results" on ECAS mean the medical is passed? or should I wait for something like "you have passed the medical test"? Also, it says my background check started but not the eligibility check. Shouldn't the eligibility be checked before bckgrd check?
Thank you!
It says the same for me on Ecas and I passed medical already. I think it means you passed.

Reactions: woon1103

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thanks for clarification.

There is an interesting case: I have a friend who got OWP after PEQ graduation in 2017, and he got Quebec Insurance card without full time employment letter.
If he had study permit, i assume he wouldn't need it. I dont know about these, only what they told me for our case which is for a spousal sponsorship applicant. Anyway, do what you think is best for you.

woon1103

Feb 6, 2020
What is the difference between AIP and SA on the excel sheet? I got the email regarding "You have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor" which I think is the SA. Are you supposed to get a separate email for AIP?

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
What is the difference between AIP and SA on the excel sheet? I got the email regarding "You have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as a sponsor" which I think is the SA. Are you supposed to get a separate email for AIP?
The email you receive is AIP (pdf letter) Having AIP is always meaning that the sponsor was approved at that point. So it is always happing at the same time.