Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
We got SA and AIP this morning. When I checked GCKey profile on Friday morning (around 6am I think) there was no update. I sent a webform. However, it may not be related. I am guessing that the bgc was initiated on Friday and maybe the profile updated on the same day and they sent the emails on Saturday.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
In my case, the rep asked COPR + CSQ, or AIP + employment letter. AIP alone won't work.
When I called RAMQ few months ago, they said OWP + letter of employment (full-time) + CSQ (or CAQ if it was just a temporary worker) or AIP + CSQ. The only reason you wouldn't need a letter of employment is if you have a special letter code on your CSQ but I think this is only special cases such as protected or vulnerable persons and refugees.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
When I called RAMQ few months ago, they said OWP + letter of employment (full-time) + CSQ (or CAQ if it was just a temporary worker) or AIP + CSQ. The only reason you wouldn't need a letter of employment is if you have a special letter code on your CSQ but I think this is only special cases such as protected or vulnerable persons and refugees.
True, I called yesterday to get the forms, they asked: OWP+CSQ+AIP which we have now, so they are sending the forms.

Reactions: gabycm

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Which applicants are getting movement in their timelines these days? Sept 2019? WE are Oct 2019, medical approved in December and CSQ approved in June 2019. I'm just worried that we might fall at the bottom of the list since we won't receive medical request and it will expire in a week. Anyone else in the same situation?
Same for us, lot of movement since 2weeks. We are from Oct 10th 2019. Medical request, AIP and SA. Did the medical exam on 21oct, they are sending with eMedical. Apparently it's moving a lot since they announced that they will complete 50k request from October to December. Good luck to you Laurahd. Just a feeling: They won't make you pass the medical again...

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Same for us, lot of movement since 2weeks. We are from Oct 10th 2019. Medical request, AIP and SA. Did the medical exam on 21oct, they are sending with eMedical. Apparently it's moving a lot since they announced that they will complete 50k request from October to December. Good luck to you Laurahd. Just a feeling: They won't make you pass the medical again...
Yes, it's great! I actually wrote this maybe two weeks before I got SA and AIP. The same morning I sent a WebForm regarding the delays as the BGC were not initiated despite medicals were passed in 2019 and CSQ was received. I did not expect it, but I'm glad to see many files moving. Have you passed medicals or waiting for them to acknowledge you passed?

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Do you need to wait 3 months for the health card if you already lived in Quebec for a long time?
Yes they told me we need to wait 3month from the day that our file will be processed. If it takes them 3weeks to process it means 3month+3weeks. As far as I know there is no way to avoid these 3months.

Reactions: Kasingxx

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Yes, it's great! I actually wrote this maybe two weeks before I got SA and AIP. The same morning I sent a WebForm regarding the delays as the BGC were not initiated despite medicals were passed in 2019 and CSQ was received. I did not expect it, but I'm glad to see many files moving. Have you passed medicals or waiting for them to acknowledge you passed?
Done the checkup last wednesday and currently waiting for them to acknowledge that we passed. My feeling is that once it is Passed, we will get DM on principal applicant, judging by timeline i saw in the excel file.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Done the checkup last wednesday and currently waiting for them to acknowledge that we passed. My feeling is that once it is Passed, we will get DM on principal applicant, judging by timeline i saw in the excel file.
When did your bgc started? Our medical are passed since dec 2019 but bgc started only Oct 24, 2020. Hopefully DM will come soon.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
When did your bgc started? Our medical are passed since dec 2019 but bgc started only Oct 24, 2020. Hopefully DM will come soon.
This is one that confused me, I read that everywhere bgc started this and that date, but I never see a date for this in our account neither on the Online service, it just showed
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
So to know the date, I should been watching it every day ? really don't know about that status..

As you can see a lot of things started to move since October. From what I understand in your timeline, your medical was passed but didn't received CSQ yet which make us from Quebec going on the bottom of the pile... judging by people's timeline .. so once they got your CSQ we are going back in the line ..

Peter1997

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Spouse Inland Sponsorship QC
Sent docs: August 19, 2019
AOR: November 15, 2019
CSQ request: November 15, 2019
Docs for CSQ sent: February 27, 2020
CSQ AOR: July 7, 2020
CSQ Approved: September 9, 2020
CSQ Received by mail: September 16, 2020
Medical Request: August 30, 2020
Medical done: September 12, 2020
Medical passed on CIC: September 16, 2020
Eligibility passed:
Background and security check passed:
Decision Made(PR):
Application Completed Letter:

Here is my timeline. Just continuously waiting of decision made! Anyone around my timeline have any movement?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
This is one that confused me, I read that everywhere bgc started this and that date, but I never see a date for this in our account neither on the Online service, it just showed
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
So to know the date, I should been watching it every day ? really don't know about that status..

As you can see a lot of things started to move since October. From what I understand in your timeline, your medical was passed but didn't received CSQ yet which make us from Quebec going on the bottom of the pile... judging by people's timeline .. so once they got your CSQ we are going back in the line ..
Yes, there is no date. It's only by checking every day that you would have known. Had you noticed if it had changed before? Mine was Not Applicable until Oct 23 and the next day I saw it changed, so it started on Oct 23 or 24. Keep us posted when you get an update. Good luck!

Reactions: Shanghai911

Kasingxx

Sep 9, 2020

It's most likely they already finished the bgc on you but haven't update yet. IRCC will update everything once application completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanghai911

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
Yes, there is no date. It's only by checking every day that you would have known. Had you noticed if it had changed before? Mine was Not Applicable until Oct 23 and the next day I saw it changed, so it started on Oct 23 or 24. Keep us posted when you get an update. Good luck!
Yes it was changed at some point in time, but I can't tell when because before we receive the medical check up request I wasn't checking everyday. I guess it was saying Not applicable until we receive the medical check request..

Will let you know when we reach the next steps. Good luck to you as well.

Reactions: Laurahd and gabycm

woon1103

Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone, just a quick question: if i did not link my application to cic, how would i know in case the medical exam passed, or got AIP or SA? Do i only get to know from ECAS once I get the final DM? Thank you :)