+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Someone knows how long it takes after medical to get PR?

I’m at the clinic right now. Got an appointment super fast.
Not much predictable, unfortunately... I see that you have AIP, you'll need to get Sponsor approval and decision made on both sponsorship and permanent residency. We also cannot rely on people's timeline who applied in 2018, as the process is random and some of the files have been transferred to Montreal hub - where things move at a slower speed.

Reactions: priamXus

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
It's great to see a few people on here finally get movement. This forum was very quiet for a while.

To save processing time I did my medical in advance, so of course I won't get the request now. It got uploaded over a week ago but still hasn't been passed yet.

April 3rd 2019 applicant.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
It's great to see a few people on here finally get movement. This forum was very quiet for a while.

To save processing time I did my medical in advance, so of course I won't get the request now. It got uploaded over a week ago but still hasn't been passed yet.

April 3rd 2019 applicant.
Did they send you the information sheet as an actual proof that they sent it? I see that today it has been a week for you, which is a bit off.. they sent mine on 13th November and on 15th it saw it passed on gckey.
You should actually send that info sheet over webform to be sure they can find it, since you performed the medical upfront.

Last edited:

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Did they send you the information sheet as an actual proof that they sent it? I see that today it has been a week for you, which is a bit off.. they sent mine on 13th November and on 15th it saw it passed on gckey.
You should actually send that info sheet over webform to be sure they can find it, since you performed the medical upfront.
Thanks for replying; yes I got the info sheet when I first left the premises (proof of medical exam), then a week later I got the full report card with all of my results on there and told me it was sent off. Maisonneuve Rosemont use e-medical so I am surprised that this didn't pass within a few days.

I'll do what you said and sent my report through webform, so one way or another they will have it. Hopefully it'll get passed soon so I can check it off. I'll update the board when I hear something.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for replying; yes I got the info sheet when I first left the premises (proof of medical exam), then a week later I got the full report card with all of my results on there and told me it was sent off. Maisonneuve Rosemont use e-medical so I am surprised that this didn't pass within a few days.

I'll do what you said and sent my report through webform, so one way or another they will have it. Hopefully it'll get passed soon so I can check it off. I'll update the board when I hear something.
I did my exam there as well, so that's why I asked about the info sheet. Most of the clinics use e-medical nowadays, but that's just a service they use to receive info both ways. When they request a medical exam they provide an IME number so they can actually track it in the e-medical database; because you don't have generated a IME , they don't necessarily track your medical results automatically. That's why when people perform medical upfront, the send the information sheet.

I'm sorry I didn't advise you on this earlier; sending a webform will be good anyway, it might trigger some more action on your file! :)

Last edited:

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I did my exam there as well, so that's why I asked about the info sheet. Most of the clinics use e-medical nowadays, but that's just a service they use to receive info both ways. When they request a medical exam they provide an IME number so they can actually track it in the e-medical database; because you don't have generated a IME , they don't necessarily track your medical results automatically. That's why when people perform medical upfront, the send the information sheet.
I didn't think of it like that; but yeah they might not just look out for my medical record and it wasn't on their request list.

Upon your advice I attached my final results e-medical and sent it through webform. That way at least they're guaranteed to have it now.

aashu241

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Quebec
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CANADA
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
07-03-2019
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Inland Spouse Category QC 2019
Application Received by Cpc Mississuaga- 10-Jan-2019
Medical Request- 05-03-2020

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
update:

Ive got sponsor approval and AIP. They requested my police certificate to finalize the process. Eligibility review started as well here is my time-line for reference:

Inland Spousal Sponsorship, QC Application Received: 13-03-2019
AOR: 26-04-2019
Quebec CSQ received 28-06-2019
Medical Request: 12-02-2020
Medical Exam taken : 17-02-2020
Medical Exam passed:26-02-202
Sponsor Approval and AIP : 06-03-2020
Eligibility review started : 06-03-2020
Background check: August 2019

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
update:

Ive got sponsor approval and AIP. They requested my police certificate to finalize the process. Eligibility review started as well here is my time-line for reference:

Inland Spousal Sponsorship, QC Application Received: 13-03-2019
AOR: 26-04-2019
Quebec CSQ received 28-06-2019
Medical Request: 12-02-2020
Medical Exam taken : 17-02-2020
Medical Exam passed:26-02-202
Sponsor Approval and AIP : 06-03-2020
Eligibility review started : 06-03-2020
Background check: August 2019
That's fantastic! So good to hear you have AIP and SA. You're almost there!

You're ahead of me because of your medical exam pass even though you were late April and I was 3rd April 2019.

Hopefully once they pass my medical exam they'll start processing my file too.

So happy for you! Just the DM to go now.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hello Everyone! I'm glad to see some files moving forward!

I wanted to let you know on the 3rd of March, 2020 I got AIP, SA, and DM for my sponsor. I also got MR and did that on the 5th, they send it via eMedical. Feels like I'm at the end of the process.

Rest of timeline in signature, Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: sms1982

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hello Everyone! I'm glad to see some files moving forward!

I wanted to let you know on the 3rd of March, 2020 I got AIP, SA, and DM for my sponsor. I also got MR and did that on the 5th, they send it via eMedical. Feels like I'm at the end of the process.

Rest of timeline in signature, Good luck to everyone!
I'm surprised you got the DM before the medical request, but who cares! Congrats to you both! :) Great to see some movement for our forum finally!

You're so close now, PPR and Landing Interview I believe!

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Folks,

Any idea about which Clinic in Montreal is offering walk-in or next day Appointments? I am having hard time to find appointment in next few days as Rosemont Masionville Clinic doesn't have any available spot until the following week after 10 days...

Therefore, If someone know about another clinic through the shared knowledge or recent experience, please share asap for the help of those applicants which are going through the medicals now. tanks a lot :)

priamXus

May 14, 2018
Argentina
Hi Folks,

Any idea about which Clinic in Montreal is offering walk-in or next day Appointments? I am having hard time to find appointment in next few days as Rosemont Masionville Clinic doesn't have any available spot until the following week after 10 days...

Therefore, If someone know about another clinic through the shared knowledge or recent experience, please share asap for the help of those applicants which are going through the medicals now. tanks a lot :)

I got next day here:

City: Montreal

Name: Yael Abikhzer

Address: 5950 Côte des Neiges, Suite #350,

Quebec

H3S 1Z6

E-mail: staff5950@live.ca

Telephone: 514-733-0987

Spoken Languages: English, French, Hebrew, Spanish