+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
We are Oct 2018 applicants
First of all, I can't believe how often they seem to change their process? We received medical exam request in Jan 2019, so less than 3 months after applying, and it now seems to take over a year? Same with CSQ, we received the request in Nov 2018, so right after AOR. I have to say I'm very worried that the medical results are going to be a problem now, seeing as it's been 16 months since we applied, and 13 months since the exam.

We received AIP and SA in Aug 2019, and nothing since then. I've called often and each time was told the issue came from Qc. I was even told by a CIC person to call Qc directly and see what was going on with them (weird right?). So I did, and Qc had no clue what CIC was talking about. They insisted that quotas were ONLY applied to CSQ, and that once you have your CSQ, it's completely out of their hands and they have no input nor impact anymore. I called CIC again with this information, they said they would write the immigration agent a message to follow-up on our app (this was in late Jan 2020) and said it could take up to a month to get a reply.

I reached out to our provincial and federal MPs; no answers from our federal MP, provincial MP said it made no sense that Qc would be blame for this, and for them to get involved they would need CIC to provide a letter stating exactly how is Qc the one delaying treatment of our application.

We just received a letter from Mississauga. Status on Ecas and MyCIC has not changed, but the letter says they are happy to inform us treatment of our app is completed and it will now be sent to Montréal office who will contact us to set up an appointment to confirm RP. So is this DM even though status hasn't changed?

I'm so sorry reading all of your stories about delays, and not understanding what's going on... It's all so very frustrating, and we personally feel like the federal and the provincial are playing ping pong with us.

Reactions: priamXus

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
First of all, I can't believe how often they seem to change their process? We received medical exam request in Jan 2019, so less than 3 months after applying, and it now seems to take over a year? Same with CSQ, we received the request in Nov 2018, so right after AOR. I have to say I'm very worried that the medical results are going to be a problem now, seeing as it's been 16 months since we applied, and 13 months since the exam.

We received AIP and SA in Aug 2019, and nothing since then. I've called often and each time was told the issue came from Qc. I was even told by a CIC person to call Qc directly and see what was going on with them (weird right?). So I did, and Qc had no clue what CIC was talking about. They insisted that quotas were ONLY applied to CSQ, and that once you have your CSQ, it's completely out of their hands and they have no input nor impact anymore. I called CIC again with this information, they said they would write the immigration agent a message to follow-up on our app (this was in late Jan 2020) and said it could take up to a month to get a reply.

I reached out to our provincial and federal MPs; no answers from our federal MP, provincial MP said it made no sense that Qc would be blame for this, and for them to get involved they would need CIC to provide a letter stating exactly how is Qc the one delaying treatment of our application.

We just received a letter from Mississauga. Status on Ecas and MyCIC has not changed, but the letter says they are happy to inform us treatment of our app is completed and it will now be sent to Montréal office who will contact us to set up an appointment to confirm RP. So is this DM even though status hasn't changed?

I'm so sorry reading all of your stories about delays, and not understanding what's going on... It's all so very frustrating, and we personally feel like the federal and the provincial are playing ping pong with us.

Our medical exam is expire since sept 2019 they didnt ask for another and I really hope they will not. It's not our fault if they made us wait so long.

I never believed them when they say its becaus of quebec quota. Like you said once we have CSQ why does Quebec have a word to say ? It's approuved for them so its out of their hand.
Anyway there is nothing we can do and there is nothing to understand on how they work, Look at my signature. All went so fast at the beginning. And now we are just loosing hope. 23 month seems to me so unfair and unjustifiable

priamXus

May 14, 2018
Argentina
Its funny the AIP I see.. No matter when the application started I see that, including me you got them between October and December 2019. In my case, since October I have no more news. I called CIC and an agent told me that I passed the background check (Nothing has changed in the web nevertheless about this) and that I was on the next queue for the medical exam.

Oh, another thing that Ive noticed in my account is that the Date Submitted is August 1, 2019; but originally was the same date as Application received March 21, 2019

Last edited:

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020

Becaus I'm curious I just call my self to immigration QUEBEC. And they told me the exact same thing !!! once the CSQ is granted THEY ARE NO LONGUER IMPLICATE in the processus!!!
So I thinks that the QUOTA they are talking is about CSQ becaus quebec control the number of immigrant yes but once you are approuve its completely out of there hand.
Why are they ( ircc ) lying to us ?

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Becaus I'm curious I just call my self to immigration QUEBEC. And they told me the exact same thing !!! once the CSQ is granted THEY ARE NO LONGUER IMPLICATE in the processus!!!
So I thinks that the QUOTA they are talking is about CSQ becaus quebec control the number of immigrant yes but once you are approuve its completely out of there hand.
Why are they ( ircc ) lying to us ?
WOW! Ok, je me sens moins folle.
Hopefully, if more of us call Quebec, maybe they will realize that CIC is giving out confusing info and try and rectify that?

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
What could be the delay with application? does new Quebec immigration rules could cause delay with Quebec application?

My application (Inland-Quebec) passed all the list below
AOR(Nov2018)-CSQ(Jan2019)-AIP(May2019)-SA(May2019)-POLICE/BackgroundCheck(Aug2019)-OWP(Aug2019)-MEDICAL(Sep2019)--
Bio-metrics-was told no need

When i called IRCC in December i was told that i passed all the assessments and they finalizing the file, but since then it's quiet, this is about 5 months with no updates.

Thanks for replying to me !
have you tried to reach out to your MP ?

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
WOW! Ok, je me sens moins folle.
Hopefully, if more of us call Quebec, maybe they will realize that CIC is giving out confusing info and try and rectify that?
We have an appointement with our MP tomorrow. I think I will ask him to have some explaination about the fact that ircc told me that quebec slow down the process time but that quebec immigration says its not the case. look forward to what they say to defend themselves
And I hope I'll have more information about our case...

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
We have an appointement with our MP tomorrow. I think I will ask him to have some explaination about the fact that ircc told me that quebec slow down the process time but that quebec immigration says its not the case. look forward to what they say to defend themselves
And I hope I'll have more information about our case...
If you really want to see which government is telling the truth, then request you GCMS notes and see if you indeed have a Quebec cap that is pending to be lifted; I have seen people in the 2018 thread mentioning about it.
MP's explanation won't benefit you at this point, but his help will.

Reactions: Minian

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
If you really want to see which government is telling the truth, then request you GCMS notes and see if you indeed have a Quebec cap that is pending to be lifted; I have seen people in the 2018 thread mentioning about it.
MP's explanation won't benefit you at this point, but his help will.

Thanks ! I request the note. Suppose to receive march 4.

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Thanks ! I request the note. Suppose to receive march 4.
Then that's perfect. If there is no cap, then you will have a point in sending a webform and ask why your app is not moving.
Another reason for which some app take a long time is security screening; you can also check if you are/were under it from your notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minian

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi all,

I had my medical exam at Maisonneuve Rosemont (MR) on Thursday so as a result I thought I'd provide a detailed account of my experience for those who haven't yet had their medical and want to know exactly what it's like. So I'll give my account of the one I had personally.

MR is 1km walk from L'Assomption Metro Station on the Green Line. Turn right out of the station and keep walking, it's up a slight hill but nothing significant. As you arrive at the Polyclinic it's 2nd floor in a tiny office room within the grounds. When you check out the tableau of where everything is it's Room 214 entitled "Immigration" so it's very obvious with where to go.

An older guy greeted me inside the reception area, speaks both official languages so you're fine if you lean more towards English. He asked me for my papers, I explained that I didn't have my IMM1017 but I shown him my e-mail exchange to show that my file was open. ( I wanted to beat request and get it done ahead of time to save processing time as I'm almost 12 months into my application) He asked for my UCI number, gave him then and then he found my file. So all set. I had already paid my $240 upfront but otherwise that's when you'll pay.

They asked me to sign permission for them to send your medical details on your behalf, simple signature. They take your photograph first to add to your medical profile. You then produce a urine sample in the toilets just on the other side of the office they're located, then come back.You wait to see the nurse (She's friendly, French but speaks English pretty well so once again English is fine). She will take your bloods, measure your height and weight.

Once this is done you'll either see the doctor or head down to another room on the 1st floor and have the x-rays taken. This is what I did. Took a piece of paper and gave it to the receptionist. They ask you to go to the cabin (dressing room) and you get changed into your typical patient overalls and wait for the x-ray person to become free (I only waited a few minutes). Then I went in and thee x-rays are a 5 minute job. 2 photos, one from the front and one from the side, you then just get dressed again and go upstairs to room 214 again.

I then went to have my final appointment (with the doctor) who takes the standard questionnaire stuff, allergic to medicine, have you diabetes, heart problems etc. He then checks your heart beat, inside your ears with the torch thing, then that's pretty much it.

Once they have all the information they tell you that's everything and that your e-medical will be uploaded within 10 days (I'm sure this is the longest time, and just setting expectations but I'm sure it'll be only a few days instead.). You leave with an information sheet which is proof of your visit. I used this to send my "proof of upfront medical" to IRCC for my OPW renewal (which I completed late last night). You can ask for an official receipt for insurance if you have such coverage, this comes under lab tests and diagnostics. (It was Ilyas K who told me that, thanks again dude!)

So that's it, hope this gave an insight for those who haven't done this before. Have a nice evening.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi all,

I had my medical exam at Maisonneuve Rosemont (MR) on Thursday so as a result I thought I'd provide a detailed account of my experience for those who haven't yet had their medical and want to know exactly what it's like. So I'll give my account of the one I had personally.

MR is 1km walk from L'Assomption Metro Station on the Green Line. Turn right out of the station and keep walking, it's up a slight hill but nothing significant. As you arrive at the Polyclinic it's 2nd floor in a tiny office room within the grounds. When you check out the tableau of where everything is it's Room 214 entitled "Immigration" so it's very obvious with where to go.

An older guy greeted me inside the reception area, speaks both official languages so you're fine if you lean more towards English. He asked me for my papers, I explained that I didn't have my IMM1017 but I shown him my e-mail exchange to show that my file was open. ( I wanted to beat request and get it done ahead of time to save processing time as I'm almost 12 months into my application) He asked for my UCI number, gave him then and then he found my file. So all set. I had already paid my $240 upfront but otherwise that's when you'll pay.

They asked me to sign permission for them to send your medical details on your behalf, simple signature. They take your photograph first to add to your medical profile. You then produce a urine sample in the toilets just on the other side of the office they're located, then come back.You wait to see the nurse (She's friendly, French but speaks English pretty well so once again English is fine). She will take your bloods, measure your height and weight.

Once this is done you'll either see the doctor or head down to another room on the 1st floor and have the x-rays taken. This is what I did. Took a piece of paper and gave it to the receptionist. They ask you to go to the cabin (dressing room) and you get changed into your typical patient overalls and wait for the x-ray person to become free (I only waited a few minutes). Then I went in and thee x-rays are a 5 minute job. 2 photos, one from the front and one from the side, you then just get dressed again and go upstairs to room 214 again.

I then went to have my final appointment (with the doctor) who takes the standard questionnaire stuff, allergic to medicine, have you diabetes, heart problems etc. He then checks your heart beat, inside your ears with the torch thing, then that's pretty much it.

Once they have all the information they tell you that's everything and that your e-medical will be uploaded within 10 days (I'm sure this is the longest time, and just setting expectations but I'm sure it'll be only a few days instead.). You leave with an information sheet which is proof of your visit. I used this to send my "proof of upfront medical" to IRCC for my OPW renewal (which I completed late last night). You can ask for an official receipt for insurance if you have such coverage, this comes under lab tests and diagnostics. (It was Ilyas K who told me that, thanks again dude!)

So that's it, hope this gave an insight for those who haven't done this before. Have a nice evening.
thank you for giving all the details on medical. For sure, it’s gonna help a lot once we start getting the medical requests! Appreciated !

Reactions: sms1982

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi all,

Cheers mate ! They sent in my results today to CIC. I took my test Monday the 17th of February.

Reactions: sms1982

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Cheers mate ! They sent in my results today to CIC. I took my test Monday the 17th of February.
Thank you for the update. So basically expect it to be sent within 7 days then. I appreciate you letting me know. :)

I hope you get the pass soon.