+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
To,
March inland PR applicants from Quebec!!

Hi folks, I phoned IRCC today and asked if everything is alright with my application since there is no update on my case since we got CSQ back in August and BGC started in July.

Representative seemed experienced, and told me that everything is good with the application and we don't need anything from your side, but you may go ahead and take medical exam while you are waiting to hear from IRCC. She said, this will save few weeks of your process once IRCC will start processing your file. She also sent me an email with general information regarding taking the medical exam and the requirements.

Therefore, I have taken an appointment for the end of this month (Jan) through a provider which use the "eMedical" system which electronically submit the results to IRCC within realtime. This system is way faster than Paper submission. Fees was $220.

Please update if someone has the same experience or have got the Medical exam done recently. I was wondering what do they assess in the medical exam?

Always appreciate kind responses and updates! thanks
To,

Hi folks, I phoned IRCC today and asked if everything is alright with my application since there is no update on my case since we got CSQ back in August and BGC started in July.

Representative seemed experienced, and told me that everything is good with the application and we don't need anything from your side, but you may go ahead and take medical exam while you are waiting to hear from IRCC. She said, this will save few weeks of your process once IRCC will start processing your file. She also sent me an email with general information regarding taking the medical exam and the requirements.

Therefore, I have taken an appointment for the end of this month (Jan) through a provider which use the "eMedical" system which electronically submit the results to IRCC within realtime. This system is way faster than Paper submission. Fees was $220.

Please update if someone has the same experience or have got the Medical exam done recently. I was wondering what do they assess in the medical exam?

Thanks for the info

I'm a March applicant too ( March 13th ) and I haven't received the Medical exam or Biometrics. Does this apply to your specific case or all March applicants?

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
To,

This is an extremely useful reply. Thank you! Not only for taking the time to phone them but also relaying this information. I think I'll do the same, I'm March 2019 too, had CSQ early June and BGC was August.

I've never had the medical yet but thank you again I'll get on to it.

Reactions: leMauricien

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for the info

I'm a March applicant too ( March 13th ) and I haven't received the Medical exam or Biometrics. Does this apply to your specific case or all March applicants?
It is not specific or obligation to my case or anyone else case. She suggested me to take a medical exam as we are less then 60 days away from the deadlines and when case officier will be start processing our cases by the end of feb or March then at least medical will be out of the way.

On the CIC website, they discouraged upfront medical in spousal category because exam is valid for 12 months and if case goes even a few days beyond the expected completion time (12 months) then applicant will have to go through another exam to get the PR approval.

but in our case we are only 2 months away from the time limit so if we take Medical exams now then the result will be valid until Jan 2021 and I am sure we all would have got our PRs way before that time.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,
I have done my medical examination in November. Here is some information:

1. Maisonneuve Rosemont Immigration Clinic https://im.clinic/en/- uses eMedical (as most of the places nowadays), 199CAD flat rate; to be mentioned that if you have tattoos, some other places ask for extra (around 50-70 CAD) - not the case with this place
2. The medical examination consists of: x-ray chest, blood and urine tests (those are for HIV, Syphilis, blood in urine and Serum Creatinine) and non-invasive physical examination
i appreciate the useful information you have provided. I will call them tomorrow for an appointment.

can you please tell us that if you took a medical exam voluntary or you received a letter from IRCC?

also how many days clinic took to sync the result with IRCC and you were able to see the update in your GCKEY account online ?

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
i appreciate the useful information you have provided. I will call them tomorrow for an appointment.

can you please tell us that if you took a medical exam voluntary or you received a letter from IRCC?

also how many days clinic took to sync the result with IRCC and you were able to see the update in your GCKEY account online ?
Hi,

I would not have done medical exam without a request, to be honest. I receive medical request through my GCKey account.

Regarding the time the clinic took to upload my medical : 8 days; I had the appointment on 5th November, on 13th November around noon their account manager sent me the proof that they uploaded the results on eMedical and on 15th my GCKey was updated.

I have seen mixed reviews for all the clinics in Montreal, and it is really at random how they behave professionally and the time they take to upload the results. This clinic assures you that in one week the results are ready and you can message them in case they don't; I would say they are okay overall for the price they ask!

P.S.: don't call them, they have automatic voice mail and never call back; instead just book the appointment online (you can see when they have available spots) and you can also pay online!

Last edited:
Reactions: tayrg

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
There seems to be a lot of March applicants waiting. I thought I saw some applicants on the spreadsheet who got their pr in less than 12 months but on the forum it looks like an average of 15 m9nths for everyone.

For the medical exam, anyone can do it before, at their own risk. Once the exam is done, you can upload the emedical form given by the clinic on the webform.

Reactions: tayrg

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
There seems to be a lot of March applicants waiting. I thought I saw some applicants on the spreadsheet who got their pr in less than 12 months but on the forum it looks like an average of 15 m9nths for everyone.

For the medical exam, anyone can do it before, at their own risk. Once the exam is done, you can upload the emedical form given by the clinic on the webform.
At their own risk? I didn't get that? what is at risk? Application outcome or the money?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,

I would not have done medical exam without a request, to be honest. I receive medical request through my GCKey account.

Regarding the time the clinic took to upload my medical : 8 days; I had the appointment on 5th November, on 13th November around noon their account manager sent me the proof that they uploaded the results on eMedical and on 15th my GCKey was updated.

I have seen mixed reviews for all the clinics in Montreal, and it is really at random how they behave professionally and the time they take to upload the results. This clinic assures you that in one week the results are ready and you can message them in case they don't; I would say they are okay overall for the price they ask!

P.S.: don't call them, they have automatic voice mail and never call back; instead just book the appointment online (you can see when they have available spots) and you can also pay online!
thank you for the information. Appreciated :)

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I was looking at IRCC website and under Medical exams they're clearly stating

"You can’t get an upfront medical exam if you’re being sponsored as a spouse, partner or child. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html#when

Now I'm getting confused
I contacted a clinic in montreal and they said they did not do any medicals for sponsorship before IRCC requests it. they said it is a risk to do it before. So i decided to wait.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
At their own risk? I didn't get that? what is at risk? Application outcome or the money?
As everyone already mentioned, the validity of the exam is 12 months so it is possible they ask to redo the exam if the application process is not completed before that.

Our application is not complete but the exam was done one week after sending the application (So without application number or ime) and medical were passed December 17. Exams were done in Montreal.

Last edited:

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
As everyone already mentioned, the validity of the exam is 12 months so it is possible they ask to redo the exam if the application process is not completed before that.

Our application is not complete but the exam was done one week after sending the application (So without application number or ime) and medical were passed December 17. Exams were done in Montreal.
could you tell me where you did the medicals in Montreal? I contacted a clinic that did not want us to do it before IRCC requests it.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
could you tell me where you did the medicals in Montreal? I contacted a clinic that did not want us to do it before IRCC requests it.
When you search the list of medical provider from Quebec, it's the first one that comes up. Clinique (something) Luso. I think the address is 1 mont royal.

Do the exam (240$) then once they send you an email that they have open your file I think, then send the emedical form on webform. Medical were passed 5 days after we sent through WebForm.

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019

1665, rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest, 3e étage
Montréal (Québec) H3H 1L9
Métro Guy-Concordia (Sortie Saint-Mathieu)

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
So I think it's called Clinique Medicale Luso.

Just checked the email they sent to my husband. So October 23 he did the exam. November 11 they sent him an email saying this is the information sheet we sent to IRCC. It was the emedical sheet. (Thats the one he sent through webform). On November 8, they sent the results to IRCC. In client details it says

Client visa details
IME: Non EDE
Upfront medical type: Worker

Hope this helps.

Reactions: leMauricien