Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi, I applied for CSQ in July 23rd. My BGC started on the date that I received AOR. Heard nothing yet from Midi regarding CSQ, but last week I got a request for fingerprint from IRCC. Can I take it as a sign that they are moving on with processing my application? :D
On the website it says they are now at July 23 so you should here something soon.

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I’m glad we did our medicals upfront. Sinçe it’s going to be in emedical, I’m assuming IRCC will getit in the system and it should show if passed or not. I think it will help avoiding delay. Application was submitted and one week later my husband went for médicals. The clinic knew he didn’t have imm1017 and accepted. I haven’t seen anyone doing it upfront because it’s not needed but I’ll post here if I get medicals results. The cost was 240$.
You can always provide the medical upfront. But it is only valid for 1 year and there is always the risk that they might ask you to redo the medical. But a lot of people do send it up front to speed up the process :) goodluck on yours

Reactions: Cocorosie

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
I’m glad we did our medicals upfront. Sinçe it’s going to be in emedical, I’m assuming IRCC will getit in the system and it should show if passed or not. I think it will help avoiding delay. Application was submitted and one week later my husband went for médicals. The clinic knew he didn’t have imm1017 and accepted. I haven’t seen anyone doing it upfront because it’s not needed but I’ll post here if I get medicals results. The cost was 240$.
Just heads up for this: if you did your medical exam after you sent the app, you should ask for result/proof from the clinic that you performed it and submit it via web form. IRCC won't look anywhere for it just with your UCI ( on IMM1017 there is your UCI and a specific IME number, but since you didn't receive a medical request, you don't have that IME number).

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Just heads up for this: if you did your medical exam after you sent the app, you should ask for result/proof from the clinic that you performed it and submit it via web form. IRCC won't look anywhere for it just with your UCI ( on IMM1017 there is your UCI and a specific IME number, but since you didn't receive a medical request, you don't have that IME number).
Thanks. They gave it to us and also told us to send an email once imm1017 has been received. I think he said they’ll resend it in emedical but it’s already in the system.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
You can always provide the medical upfront. But it is only valid for 1 year and there is always the risk that they might ask you to redo the medical. But a lot of people do send it up front to speed up the process :) goodluck on yours
Thank. Let’s see how it goes.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019

Mimin

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,
I just have a question about Free French courses. Has anyone with Open Work Permit succeeded to be registered in part-time or full-time courses?
Would appreciate responses. Thank you.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,
I just have a question about Free French courses. Has anyone with Open Work Permit succeeded to be registered in part-time or full-time courses?
Would appreciate responses. Thank you.
I am taking French full time since September 2019. Once you get your OWP and CSQ, you are eligible to take the course for free and they also pay you around $800/ month for fulltime enrollment.

Reactions: Mimin

Mimin

Oct 8, 2019
I am taking French full time since September 2019. Once you get your OWP and CSQ, you are eligible to take the course for free and they also pay you around $800/ month for fulltime enrollment.
Thank you for response.
Another questions please. Would an AOR of CSQ be valid or they don't accept? For part time CSQ is also required? Just to confirm. And may I ask How long it takes before the start of first class schedule from the day of course application/registration? In Montreal or Quebec City? Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thank you for response.
Another questions please. Would an AOR of CSQ be valid or they don't accept? For part time CSQ is also required? Just to confirm. And may I ask How long it takes before the start of first class schedule from the day of course application/registration? In Montreal or Quebec City? Thank you very much.
What you need is CSQ.

Reactions: jamieheatherr

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Is anyone finally having any progress with the application?

I'm 15 weeks out from supposed permanent residency but still waiting for my background check to clear Still no medical or biometrics yet either

This process is beyond slow and causing me to worry

Where are we all at

elaybanville

Aug 14, 2019

I'm 15 weeks out from supposed permanent residency but still waiting for my background check to clear Still no medical or biometrics yet either

Where are we all at
Same here, 16 weeks remaining on GCkey no news since CSQ in September. Background pending since August. No medicals or biometrics. It's nice to know we're not alone!

Reactions: Pooriak and sms1982

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019

Where are we all at

Same situation. Background check still pending. 14 weeks pending. No medical yet

I believe it should pick up after the holidays and hopefully be part of new quotas for 2020

Very frustrating indeed

Reactions: sms1982

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Guys!!! Its really nice to know that I am not alone in this. My GCkey shows 13 weeks left in the process estimated time but there is no progress since CSQ. NO Medical, SA or any other update so far!!!

I wonder why only Quebec applicants are waiting until the last day; whereas, all the applicants from rest of canada has been processed already and people have received their PR in mails too. that's really very weird !!!

Please keep us posted whoever get any update in doing days, weeks or months!!!

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Well I'm glad I spoke up then, we're all in the same situation and at least know we're not alone.

I stopped looking at the March Inland forums on here because yes, they're all PR's by now and there's us in Quebec stuck in no man's land, post CSQ and before anything from the Federal side. It's really frustrating and I don't understand the delays.

But yeah no problem; as soon as something actually happens I'll provide an update. Keeping everything crossed for us.

Reactions: leMauricien