+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

bobbycathie

Mar 26, 2018
Hello to All

This is Bobby from India. Myself and my daughter applied for dependent visa and our applications reached Mississauga visa processing office by 27th Nov 2017. My wife is holding PR status in Canada. We received our file number on 25th Jan 2018. Got a mail to proceed for medicals and we did it on 9th Feb 2018. Then I received to submit my schedule A details and it has been sent on 26th Feb 2018. Now we have done everything from my side. Could anyone let me know when can I get the mail for VISA stamping?? I'm just waiting for a month now. Will they do any other verification's even after this? Kindly help me.

Regards

Bobby

Tulips1987

May 10, 2015
Hi Guys, I recently got an email with an attachment saying "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor". is this Sponsorship approval? Thanks

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Hi Guys, I recently got an email with an attachment saying "We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor". is this Sponsorship approval? Thanks

That looks like good email to be honest lol. Did you check your ECAS status? I think you can get better answer there for that email. And are you the 2018 applicant or 2017?

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone! I am Canadian and just sent off my husbands PR/OWP applications today! i have read this forum and it feels good to know that others applications are being processed smoothly :)

A couple things. First, we noticed on the list of all documents that the Schedule A was updated in 2012, and then when we entered our information to generate a list of the documents and forms we needed, Schedule A was from December 2016. I know applications get sent back if the forms aren't the most up to date and i have read that some people have had troubles with Schedule A and that might be why. Just a heads up!!

Now a question...

I see that the police certificates are now to be submitted with the application, but it does state that if you are living in Canada for more than 6 months you do not need to submit at this time and CIC will let you know when to submit. does everyone need to submit? it looks like everyone has been uploading it to their online files as soon as it is requested. Just wondering if we should go ahead and do that now and have it ready so we don't have unnecessary delays with the application? We submitted a police certificate from his home country with the application.
thank for any info!

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Just to share
I spoke to cic agent few days ago and i was advised not to get the police certificate here in Canada unless they require you to have ur fingerprints at RCMP. Im here in CA more than 6mos now
Hey i am wondering about the police certificate... we just submitted PR/OWP for my husband, and if we need it and i want it to be ready to upload right away. it sounds like it takes up to 3 weeks to get a police certificate..do you know if everyone applying needs one for Canada eventually?

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
Hello to All

This is Bobby from India. Myself and my daughter applied for dependent visa and our applications reached Mississauga visa processing office by 27th Nov 2017. My wife is holding PR status in Canada. We received our file number on 25th Jan 2018. Got a mail to proceed for medicals and we did it on 9th Feb 2018. Then I received to submit my schedule A details and it has been sent on 26th Feb 2018. Now we have done everything from my side. Could anyone let me know when can I get the mail for VISA stamping?? I'm just waiting for a month now. Will they do any other verification's even after this? Kindly help me.

Regards

Bobby
Hi Bobby, this is a Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications' forum. Please use the appropriate forum to post your questions. Thank you!

bobbycathie

Mar 26, 2018
Hi Bobby, this is a Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications' forum. Please use the appropriate forum to post your questions. Thank you!
Hi

Thank you for your reply. Could you please tell me where to find an appropriate forum to post my questions? I applied from India to the processing center in Mississauga. Thank you.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hey all;
I applied inland for my Pr and SOWP back in February 2018.
Based on your experiences can you please tell me approximately if I do not face any problem in my process what will be the OWP arrival?

application received by CIC for both my PR and SOWP: February 9, 2018
Police Certificate and schedule A requested: March 7, 2018
SOWP paper application Linked to my account: March 18, 2018 ( I linked late, I'm not sure it would affect the process time for paper application?):(

What's the next step and how long it would take to receive OWP?

Best regards.

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey all;
I applied inland for my Pr and SOWP back in February 2018.
Based on your experiences can you please tell me approximately if I do not face any problem in my process what will be the OWP arrival?

application received by CIC for both my PR and SOWP: February 9, 2018
Police Certificate and schedule A requested: March 7, 2018
SOWP paper application Linked to my account: March 18, 2018 ( I linked late, I'm not sure it would affect the process time for paper application?):(

What's the next step and how long it would take to receive OWP?

Best regards.
Hi there! It has been taking between 3-4 months since submission for people to receive OWP. We are seeing December applicants receive their OWP recently.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi there! It has been taking between 3-4 months since submission for people to receive OWP. We are seeing December applicants receive their OWP recently.
Thank you for response, but which date should I refer to as start date.
Paper application recieval date or the date I could link my account to paper application recently?

Thanks

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Thank you for response, but which date should I refer to as start date.
Paper application recieval date or the date I could link my account to paper application recently?

Thanks
From the day that they received your application. Of course the 3-4 month timeline is only an estimate. I would also watch the 2017 inland forum and you can see when people are receiving their OWPs and get an idea of when your month is starting to receive.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
From the day that they received your application. Of course the 3-4 month timeline is only an estimate. I would also watch the 2017 inland forum and you can see when people are receiving their OWPs and get an idea of when your month is starting to receive.
Thank you very much:)

Reactions: Can_loves_Aus

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
I submitted my wife's sponsorship application on March 12th, 2018. She appointed me as her representative. So, will I be receiving the acknowledgement for the sponsor and also the applicant?

Tulips1987

May 10, 2015
That looks like good email to be honest lol. Did you check your ECAS status? I think you can get better answer there for that email. And are you the 2018 applicant or 2017?

i am Jan 2018 Applicant. What is ECAS?.. sorry i am not sure of these acronyms.. Also if you can share any link