+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Tulips1987

May 10, 2015
Here it is

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

You can select Client ID from drop down menu and type the sponsor id and then you can check the status. And that is really fast for a january 2018 applicant to receive the sponsor approval so quickly.

Thanks, Really appreciate it. I check it and it says 'sponsorship application status' as 'Decision made'... i think that means i am approved as a sponsor..As i got an email saying i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor

Below is what "Decision Made" can mean.

DECISION MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkdvirdi and roysk

hkdvirdi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Thanks, Really appreciate it. I check it and it says 'sponsorship application status' as 'Decision made'... i think that means i am approved as a sponsor..As i got an email saying i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor

Below is what "Decision Made" can mean.

DECISION MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Sponsorship and Eligibility Status Determined
We have made a decision on your sponsorship application. We will inform you in writing of the decision.

Application Forwarded to Visa Office
We have forwarded your application to the Visa Office for final processing. Quebec residents please see the relevant diagram.

Sponsor Advised of Decision Made
We will inform you in writing of the decision made on your sponsorship application. We will send you a Permanent Resident Kit that you will need to forward to the family class relative you are sponsoring.

Nice that is really good news for you. Congratulations. That was Super fast really to get the Sponsorship Approval. Your case officer rocks lol:D

Aelin

Mar 8, 2018
A couple things. First, we noticed on the list of all documents that the Schedule A was updated in 2012, and then when we entered our information to generate a list of the documents and forms we needed, Schedule A was from December 2016. I know applications get sent back if the forms aren't the most up to date and i have read that some people have had troubles with Schedule A and that might be why. Just a heads up!!
They actually updated Schedule A again - it lists the latest updated form as Dec 2016 on the website, but if you click on the link the form reads (02-2018) at the bottom. I checked both the 2016 and 2018 version and they were identical to each other except for the footer date, so I think you should still be okay!

I see that the police certificates are now to be submitted with the application, but it does state that if you are living in Canada for more than 6 months you do not need to submit at this time and CIC will let you know when to submit. does everyone need to submit? it looks like everyone has been uploading it to their online files as soon as it is requested. Just wondering if we should go ahead and do that now and have it ready so we don't have unnecessary delays with the application? We submitted a police certificate from his home country with the application.
thank for any info!
I wouldn't worry about delays - I got my spouse's Canadian police certificate BEFORE reading the clause about not having to submit it yet (since they updated the checklist twice in Feb to include this clause), and it only took a week to get his results after submitting in his fingerprints to the RCMP. I've also read here on the forum someone getting their Canadian police certificate done ahead of time and unfortunately this prompted CBSA to come to their residence since they were out of status... so if you're out of status I'd wait til CIC requests the certificate from you :)

Reactions: Missrebel801

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
They actually updated Schedule A again - it lists the latest updated form as Dec 2016 on the website, but if you click on the link the form reads (02-2018) at the bottom. I checked both the 2016 and 2018 version and they were identical to each other except for the footer date, so I think you should still be okay!

I wouldn't worry about delays - I got my spouse's Canadian police certificate BEFORE reading the clause about not having to submit it yet (since they updated the checklist twice in Feb to include this clause), and it only took a week to get his results after submitting in his fingerprints to the RCMP. I've also read here on the forum someone getting their Canadian police certificate done ahead of time and unfortunately this prompted CBSA to come to their residence since they were out of status... so if you're out of status I'd wait til CIC requests the certificate from you :)

Thank you for the encouraging words! i checked, and we actually do have the most recent of Schedule A, so thats good! My husband, the PA is not out of status so i'm wondering if we should just go ahead and get it so we are ready when they request. i see some people are getting their AOR in 5 weeks! and we are expecting a baby any day now.

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Thank you for the encouraging words! i checked, and we actually do have the most recent of Schedule A, so thats good! My husband, the PA is not out of status so i'm wondering if we should just go ahead and get it so we are ready when they request. i see some people are getting their AOR in 5 weeks! and we are expecting a baby any day now.
We were wondering if we should get it now too, however my husband hasn't been in Canada for 6 months. Has your husband already been in Canada for more than 6 months?

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
From the day that they received your application. Of course the 3-4 month timeline is only an estimate. I would also watch the 2017 inland forum and you can see when people are receiving their OWPs and get an idea of when your month is starting to receive.
I could not find the page for this, can you share the link please.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018

yup the out of status and CBSA thing was my husband. Stupid mistake lol . I guess it would've happened either way but had we not done it ourselves ahead of time , we would have had more time to get farther with app

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
We submitted in the last week of February, no response yet. Still waiting
I had to call monday due to an error I noticed in my app sent Mar 9 and was informed then that they were working on Feb 28 applications at that time. so should be anytime now

Belindajayne

Mar 28, 2018
Canmore
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
February 8 2018
AOR Received.
March 6 2018
Med's Request
August 7 2018
Med's Done....
August 17 2018
Hi there,

My partner (Canadian) and I (Australian) applied for common law sponsorship February 6th.
We have AOR from March 5th and just got the request for Shedule A and police checks March 23rd.
We did apply for an OWP with the PR application but I was in a restoration period when we applied which I guess isn't technically legal status. Has anyone seen anything similar and have any idea if the OWP will be approved? My lawyer says its unlikely but im hoping for good news. I'm so bored.