+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
The MP has a direct line to immigration so he called them to know what the status of our file is and whether there are anything required from us. He is also trying to put some pressure on them to process the file faster since it has already been a long wait time.
We have an appointement with our MP friday! They seem to know what they are talking about ! Hope i'm gonna have more information and maybe it's gonna make things move a little.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
We got CSQ request today after 13 months. Damn the officers don't really look at the file until we force them to. Had to send 3 webforms, multiple calls to IRCC and through MP. :( This process is exhausting for some cases like us.

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
I was told as well by CIC that the delay was due to Qc. They've been telling me this since last September (reached the 12 months mark in October, so now at the 16th month). I got annoyed and called (again) in late January and was told (again) the delay was due to Qc and to contact the Qc immigration department to see with them what was going on... Sounded very weird to me, but at this point, if our request has been put on hold for almost 6 months because of Qc, might as well give it a try and call them.

So I called Qc. The lady I spoke with was very diligent and trying to understand what was going on, and reaching out to managers and others to get more info for me. None of them understood wtf cic was talking about. She said it made no sense--yes there are quotas in place, but they are only applied for the issuance of CSQ, and since we've had our CSQ for almost a year, they had nothing more to do with our file and it was now fully in the hands of CIC. Like I said, she still reached out to others to try and understand if maybe she was missing something, but no one understood what CIC was tlaking about as apparently, once you have your CSQ, you should no longer be impacted by the quotas. She really felt bad that she didn't have more info for me.

So I then reached out to my federal and provincial MPs. Federal MP never got back to me. Provincial MP replied that at this point, it was no longer in Qc's hand and they didn't understand why I got that answer from CIC, and that for them to get involved further, I would need CIC to provide some kind of letter explaining why they say it's up to QC now.

You guys can imagine that at this point, we are feeling like a ping pong ball. No one knows or will tell us what is going on, and everyone is pointing the finger at the other one.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Following my last post, we just got an update!

In late January, I asked for a follow-up to be sent directly to the immigration agent working on our file; I was informed it could take up to a month for them to reply. Well we just received some kind of letter--I'm not sure what it means:

Basically, they say they are happy to inform us treatment of our file is completed and the file was sent to the Montréal office. They will contact us to set up an appointment to confirm PR.

However, the status has not changed to DM, so I'm unsure as to what this means. Are they saying a decision was made and we will be invited for the 'landing' interview? So confusing.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Following my last post, we just got an update!

In late January, I asked for a follow-up to be sent directly to the immigration agent working on our file; I was informed it could take up to a month for them to reply. Well we just received some kind of letter--I'm not sure what it means:

Basically, they say they are happy to inform us treatment of our file is completed and the file was sent to the Montréal office. They will contact us to set up an appointment to confirm PR.

However, the status has not changed to DM, so I'm unsure as to what this means. Are they saying a decision was made and we will be invited for the 'landing' interview? So confusing.
Yes, that's what it means. A decision was made on your application and you're now just waiting on a landing invitation from the Montreal office.
Your gckey will not update to decision made until after the landing. Check your ecas tomorrow, my guess is it will have updated overnight to say DM. Ecas link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en (enter the sponsor's info)

Reactions: chocococo

Frank412

Sep 17, 2018
Thank you
Hello, Can I ask how you requested the follow up be sent to the agent? I was also told that our file was on hold because of quotas but, when I called to QC immigration, they didn't know what I was talking about....

Thanks!

Last edited:

newquebecors

Nov 4, 2019
Hi all,
i've got a notification from ircc on 24th Feb, it says I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for pr and ircc montreal office will contact me shortly to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my pr application. So I just wonder they will call me or they will send me an email? How will they give me the landing letter? By email or by mail? And anyone knows how long it will take them to contact me ? Thanks in advance.

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi all,
i've got a notification from ircc on 24th Feb, it says I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for pr and ircc montreal office will contact me shortly to arrange an appointment for the finalization of my pr application. So I just wonder they will call me or they will send me an email? How will they give me the landing letter? By email or by mail? And anyone knows how long it will take them to contact me ? Thanks in advance.
I received that on 4th of Feb.No appointment yet.Anyone has experienced in Montreal,how long does it take

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi there,

After a long period without any movement, today I received AIP, my BGC started and they requested me to pass meds again (mine has expired in November 2019).

Hope it will be finished very soon!

Has anyone else had updates recently?

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Hey
I received my pre landing email... Check your email box!
Good Luck!
I received the DM letter on February 19, but have yet to hear from the Montreal office for the pre-landing email... I don't understand how they process our files.

Someone elsewhere told me their lawyer said it usually takes 2-3 weeks to receive the pre-landing email... Reaching the 3-week mark.

Frank412

Sep 17, 2018
Things are moving here as well. August 24th 2018 applicant
We received the AIP, a new request for medical exams and letter asking to resend IMM5669. It seems like the IMM5669 form was changed also from the version we originaly sent.

Frank412

Sep 17, 2018
Anybody knows what is happening with the Virus measures? Did they cut staff, are they still working on files?